Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote Kick In Orbiter

Lysserd

I have a friend I run with often. So frequently we will finish a mission and then have someone just dangling onto our squad because they went AFK. Now, nothing against them. Sometimes you just got stuff to do. However, I don't see why I should have to disband the squad and then re-invite my friend because of this. I would propose that we be allowed to vote kick someone from the squad, but only while the squad is in the orbiter.

• Like 1

Invite Only & Friends Only will help with that, and there was a large discussion a while back about Vote kick in a different thread even in orbiter it's to easy to abuse as someone who has been kicked from MH Gathering Halls in 4U for no reason except they wanted to play only with friends when the Hall was public and for using a set people didn't like or some other reason like that or something new all together, it's easily abused even when it's not Vote Kick in all my time when playing games I've only ever had to kick two people,

didn't enjoy it since MHW is buggy at times but they weren't helping and the game's difficulty scales by the player so if 3 people join a quest and the 4th (3rd person to join) does nothing that means the people who are doing something have to deal with that much more health and Monsters like Zorah Magdaros can get up to 10,000 EHP, there is simply to much to consider for adding a system like that,

For a hypothetical situation let's say we have a squad of 3 Frost, Rhino and Nidus a 4th joins using Limbo and all 3 of the players already in the squad don't like Limbo so once they get back to the Orbiter they vote kick them for using a frame they wanted to use or even their favorite frame, we can apply thee same line of thinking to anything in game since some (definitely not all) players will find an excuse to vote kick someone for any reason they can find especially if they just wanted to play with their friends even though there are options to go Friends only in Warframe and Monster Hunter.

6 hours ago, (XB1)TheFearsomeRat said:

For a hypothetical situation let's say we have a squad of 3 Frost, Rhino and Nidus a 4th joins using Limbo and all 3 of the players already in the squad don't like Limbo so once they get back to the Orbiter they vote kick them for using a frame they wanted to use or even their favorite frame, we can apply thee same line of thinking to anything in game since some (definitely not all) players will find an excuse to vote kick someone for any reason they can find especially if they just wanted to play with their friends even though there are options to go Friends only in Warframe and Monster Hunter. 

Basically, a 'vote to kick', gives a level of control reserved for clanmates/friends coordinating squads. Something you can already do in Invite mode thus has no place in Public mode.

the potential abuse, -even if its only in Orbiter- is people using it to cherrypick off the public player pool.

There's currently some forms of automatic AFK detection in game.... perhaps DE should expand that to include, triggering AFK detection automatically disbands player from squad when in Public? -Probably a bad idea, automated detection is so glitchy as is... lesser evil to just leave things alone

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

There's currently some forms of automatic AFK detection in game.... perhaps DE should expand that to include, triggering AFK detection automatically disbands player from squad when in Public? -Probably a bad idea, automated detection is so glitchy as is... lesser evil to just leave things alone

That was brought up in the older thread as well, which would solve the issue, as other MMO and MMO like games (except for maybe EVE Online) have a AFk kick timer. usually it's 45 minutes (give or take 10) which could actually work, DE would need to improve the detection for sure however so that won't happen if they chose to for a bit since it IS Christmas eve with new years closing in, and that being said happy holidays.