Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strun Wraith Vs Sobek

d1ru

Question

24 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure that even you know that the Strun Wraith has a better overall DPS.  However, that number changes with the range in which you use each weapon to shoot.  With no mods on the Strun Wraith, you can be at far mid-range and only shoot 7 damage per pellet.

I'm pretty sure that even you know that the Strun Wraith has a better overall DPS.  However, that number changes with the range in which you use each weapon to shoot.  With no mods on the Strun Wraith, you can be at far mid-range and only shoot 7 damage per pellet.

"even I"? strange choice of phrasing. whats makes you think "even I" know that?

edit:

frankly, i was esxpecting to hear the sobek would win overall. even if the firing rate is not higher, the magazine is... what? 4 times more? so given that the dmg is 90% less on the sobek, it would still win overall... at least, thats what i thought, hence why im posting.

Edited by d1ru

he belongs to the 'Master' master race, and so, looks down at mere Disciples like us.

but don't worry, he suffers the same from the 'Grand master' master race.

Grand master race, truly is master race.

Anyway I believe the Sobek has higher DPS assuming you can land every pellet, although it is less ammo efficient so it deals less total damage overall. Strun is better for bosses while the Sobek is better for crowds.

he belongs to the 'Master' master race, and so, looks down at mere Disciples like us.

but don't worry, he suffers the same from the 'Grand master' master race.

Actually that was just his interpretation of what was written, he was prolly not being condescending at all

But yeah, Wraith has higher DPS, if you have more in a magazine and even up the fire rate it's DPS is still lower when compared to the Wraiths DPS which can just as easily be modded with reload speed 

Grand master race, truly is master race.

Anyway I believe the Sobek has higher DPS assuming you can land every pellet, although it is less ammo efficient so it deals less total damage overall. Strun is better for bosses while the Sobek is better for crowds.

What you believe doesn't matter. Straith has straight up better damage output than the sobek. They even have the same base firing rate.

Case closed. A 2 second look at the wiki answers this thread.

I'm fairly sure this has been posted before, but after searching, i couldnt find the post anywhere. So which has better overall DPS?

If you are using Sobek and are firing at a NPC it is entirely plausible to get 100% heads shots(or weak points) with pellets not hitting the body or environment. Wraith has higher DPS, but it ends up with some pellets hitting non vital areas at any range past 6 meters. Sobek can easily equal wraith just because of the fact it can land all pellets where you aim. If you are just doing body shots or 2-3 meters range wraith is the clear winner.

Edited by LazyKnight

Assuming that you actually went to the wiki before asking the forums, you'd know.  If you didn't, refer to the wikis before coming here.

i did refer to the wiki. simply looking at stats doesnt answer the question given the plethora of mods that affect the default stats. im looking for experience to answer the question sufficiently.

Honestly, I had all mods besides Hell's Chamber prior to the Straith's release. Once I went through and leveled up the Boar, Strun, Sobek, and Hek I sold them all (the shotguns) and used those shotgun mods on my Serration lol. Now that the Straith was released I wish I never got rid of those mods, IMO Straith > Sobek hands down.

Sobek offers you:

a larger mag

more accuracy

Straith offers you:

higher base damage

higher crit chance

higher crit damage

Sobek has 4 pellets per shot (8 with Hell's Chamber 100%)

Straith has 7 pellets per shot (14 with Hell's Chamber 100%)

With Hell's Chamber alone, the pellet difference goes from 3 pellets to 6, after both get doubled, creating an even further gap in damage.

Sobek has 2.5% crit chance, Straith has 20% crit chance.

Sobek has 150% crit damage, Straith has 175% crit damage.

Not only does the Straith have more pellets -- more base damage, but crits more often and when it crits it crits harder.

Sobek wins hands down on mag size (20 shots) while Straith only has 8 shots.

Straith also has 1.5s reload time, while Sobek takes 4s to reload.

You reload more than twice as fast as the Sobek, so getting those same 20 shots isn't a sweat since both have the same fire rate.

Higher pellet count (damage) and crits is what won me over.

Edited by JukeBoxx831

With Hell's Chamber alone, the pellet difference goes from 3 pellets to 6, after both get doubled, creating an even further gap in damage.

Without 100% Hell's Chamber:

Sobek 100 damage per shot

Strun Wraith 190 damage per shot.

That means Strun has 90% more damage per shot - 100 x 1.9 = 190

With Hell's Chamber

Sobek 200 damage per shot

Strun Wraith 380 damage per shot

That means Strun has 90% more damage per shot - 200 x 1.9 = 380

Too Much Math; Didn't read?

No matter what you add to both of them, Strun Wraith will always and only have 90% more damage than Sobek

Honestly, I had all mods besides Hell's Chamber prior to the Straith's release. Once I went through and leveled up the Boar, Strun, Sobek, and Hek I sold them all (the shotguns) and used those shotgun mods on my Serration lol. Now that the Straith was released I wish I never got rid of those mods, IMO Straith > Sobek hands down.

Sobek offers you:

a larger mag

more accuracy

Straith offers you:

higher base damage

higher crit chance

higher crit damage

Sobek has 2.5% crit chance, Straith has 20% crit chance.

Sobek has 150% crit damage, Straith has 175% crit damage.

Not only does the Straith have more pellets -- more base damage, but crits more often and when it crits it crits harder.

Sobek wins hands down on mag size (20 shots) while Straith only has 8 shots.

Straith also has 1.5s reload time, while Sobek takes 4s to reload.

You reload more than twice as fast as the Sobek, so getting those same 20 shots isn't a sweat since both have the same fire rate.

Higher pellet count (damage) and crits is what won me over.

great response, thank you for that. i was really hoping in futility the sobek would win out tho. i think the straith is horribly ugly. i liked the sobek T_T

great response, thank you for that. i was really hoping in futility the sobek would win out tho. i think the straith is horribly ugly. i liked the sobek T_T

Use the Sobek, then. Do not let the game win just because it dangled larger numbers in front of you.

Join the resistance. Cast down clan-tech weapons from their lives of luxury and shoot them with your Sobek!

Huzzah!

No matter what you add to both of them, Strun Wraith will always and only have 90% more damage than Sobek

Ok my bad, gap was the wrong word choice, because % will never change, but you can't argue that more flat damage =/= more flat damage. And lol @ underline

Regardless of Hell's Chamber there's that 90% damage difference, 90 damage base more. What I meant to say was that the overall damage is increased due to Hell's Chamber. Base damage difference between the Sobek and Straith is increased from 90 to 180 damage (still 90% as he stated) which no matter what way you look at it, is an additional 90-180 damage that Sobek has no way to make up for.

Obviously if someone had a potatod and formad Sobek, it would not be in their best interest to sell it and just keep the Straith. Their Sobek is already highly invested in and of great value. Plus all weapons depend on the user and how they enjoy to play.

Edited by JukeBoxx831

Still prefer Sobek, loving the accuracy and itself seems more like a 1-shot rifle than a shotgun and I still LOVE IT!!
Strun Wraith was just waaay too unaccurate, I cannot deal with such a disadvantage, I rather use my Melee (Scindo) than Strun Wraith in that case (With max reach mod) Melees are infinite ammo, that's how they work man!

I like shotties.... Had all of em in my inventory, Swraith will be replacing the strun.

@Soapaosin

Swraith vs. Scindo? I use it with my scindo, to fill in the gaps those large animations leave.

ex. jump, shoot midair, smash w/weapon = same amount of time taken for jump/smash, extra shottty damage pure bonus.

Also, my scindo likes to follow itself up to a coup de grace attack on downed enemies (button hang?) shooting them with the strun after I plant them with the axe cancels that.

Edited by greymalken