Ellude rework to make Baruuk more useful

zoobmer

before release, I was convinced that Baruuk would be plain bad. just now, I watched a video that convinced me he has a niche, and now I want him.

that niche is, of course, pacifism.

in order to propperly fullfil this niche, however, he needs the following tweaks to Ellude:

• Ellude must also protect Baruuk from AOE damage AKA explosion damage
  • Ellude should only drain energy when actively being attacked

alternatively, Ellude can be made part of his passive, so he is immune to all damage when not attacking, and being damaged while not attacking builds his edge meter instead of hurting him.

Baruuk has by far a large enough energy pool to support Elude as a full time drain, especially considering that his 4th doesn't even cost energy. And considering that AoE damage is in a radius that can include the direction that Elude is not effective in, there is no way that you could make it immune to that without making Elude a sphere of effect instead of the cone, which would make it very, very over-powered.

15 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Edit: I meant the complete damage immunity when not attacking.. limbo has that in the rift and it's broken to me.. DR is all good and I enjoy it but complete immunity is broken..

Power Creep 😫

5 hours ago, peterc3 said:

This is not a serious suggestion, is it?

5 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Baruuk has by far a large enough energy pool to support Elude as a full time drain, especially considering that his 4th doesn't even cost energy. And considering that AoE damage is in a radius that can include the direction that Elude is not effective in, there is no way that you could make it immune to that without making Elude a sphere of effect instead of the cone, which would make it very, very over-powered.

you guys are seriously overestimating how powerful an ability is that litterally requires the frame to not fight. it is impossible to make him useful for game play which involves combat, which is almost the entire game; at least give him a nich for fishing, mining, and picking madicinal herbs, since that is all he could ever be good for.

5 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

there is no way that you could make it immune to that without making Elude a sphere of effect instead of the cone, which would make it very, very over-powered

But you can already make Elude give fully radial / spherical protection, you just need enough (+100%) Range.

Edited by NinjaZeku

13 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

But you can already make Elude give fully radial / spherical protection, you just need enough (+100%) Range.

there are only two problems with that:

• it does not protect against AOE attacks, such as bombard rockets
  • it continues to drain energy when you aren't being attacked

if these two weaknesses are patched up, he can fill his niche as the pacifist.

What? The ability is fine as is. You can already get a full circle with enough range.

I took him R0 to a survival by myself with only 1 decent weapon and I made it to 38minutes before I could die. And it's because I got back stabbed from not paying attention lol.

His room wide sleep opens everything to finishers, and his disarm daggers get double range with it on. Honestly I've gotten way more aggressive because of his abilites. 

Oh not mention just sit still for 2 seconds or run around to get health back if you have an arcane on. And time your shots so you don't get hit.

31 minutes ago, FIDOISHERE said:

Oh not mention just sit still for 2 seconds or run around to get health back if you have an arcane on. And time your shots so you don't get hit.

now I need whatever arcane you're using so I can ignore enemies while foraging.