Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hats for Frames

CatboyPrincess

Lately, I have been feeling like something has been missing from my Warframe. Attachments and Syandanas provide coverage of the body from the neck down. However, there is currently no accessories for my Warframes's heads. This is a problem particularly when one uses attachments and Syandanas that alter the silhouette of a Frame. Sometimes, the silhouette alteration could use some contrast or highlight on top of or around a frame's head to really give that extra snazziness only a hat could do.

Therefore, I would like to suggest providing hats for our Warframes as an entirely new accessory slot similar to the Syandana slot.

"But Gwyndolin-chan, how would this work for frames and helmet alternatives that already have hats, like Limbo Prime or Mesa's Falcon helmet?" The solution for this would be that these hats would be modified to take the hat slot, and for helmet skins like the Falcon helmet to be split into both hat portion and helmet portion. Alternatively, they could be left as they are and the player would have the option of putting two hats on at the same time. Extreme fashion connoisseurs would really appreciate either solution, I would think. I certainly would.

Basically, I would really like to be able to put a hat on my Nidus and Excalibur.

Thank you for reading,

Gwyndolin-chan

DE manually adjusts armor and syandanas for body models (which are no more than 3 for any frame), can you imagine how much work will have to be put in adjusting hats for every single helmet? And in case of Nidus, it's even more work because of helmet animation.

But can you imagine how many people would want to buy a hat for their Warframe? That's the real question. I think it would be worth the investment. Who doesn't want to put a hat on their Warframe? And it would be another way for Tennogen creators to produce content for Warframe. There is definitely an upfront cost, no doubt; but would you want to buy a hat for your Warframe? I would.

As for Nidus -- even if it clips a little bit, I wouldn't mind.

Edited by Gwyndolin-chan