Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to win Index

(XBOX)KayAitch

Question

With this double credit weekend I've been playing a lot of Index and I've noticed a lot of players don't know how to beat it.

Index is really confusing because you can 'win' the match and still lose all your money.

So here's a quick tip, you win by taking your points to the enemy goal, and reaching the points target as quickly as possible.

If the timer runs out you lose, and the enemy cheats (they should get 10s for banking a point but they often get 20 or 30s, drones in particular race straight for your goal after killing one spectre) so if there's less than 60s on the clock be heading for their goal, if there's less than 30s then bank immediately.

You get nothing for carrying the most points at once as the timer runs out.

Just that again, as a lot of players seem really confused on this point: you don't get anything for carrying the most points at once, you don't get anything for scoring the most points, you don't get anything for scoring way more than the target. Nobody likes Index, we're only here to win matches as quickly as possible.

Don't be that guy running round with 35 points as the timer runs out. Don't drag out a match so you score once when there's 5 points left of the target and get 40 points over, nobody cares about that, we just care that you could have ended it 5 mins ago and didnt.

8 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Gotta love those green orbs with Rhinos in them that never actually bank.

Yah those rhino in the index is sometimes just trolls who have a ton of credits and just finished dinner with nothing to do 

The most easiest way I do is to just get iron skin with iron sharpnel and get a Arca plasmor (unlocks at Mr 10 so people doesn't have to wait till Mr 14 for opticor or Tigris prime) and I just dominate and my Arca plasmor only has 3 forma with a ... OK ish riven and I carry people in high risk index (one time I did it there was a few limbo just staying in rift form afk)

20 minutes ago, kamyung said:

Yah those rhino in the index is sometimes just trolls who have a ton of credits and just finished dinner with nothing to do

Yeah, 'cause there's so few things to do in Warframe. They must have already maxed every focus tree, fused every mod, built every arcane 12 times, defeated every Eidolon and Orb Mother and maybe even found enough people online to play an actual Lunaro match.

You could well be right, but I don't think they're trolls - I think they genuinely believe that they get something, or maybe kudos, for carrying the most points at once. Yeah, we all have Rhino, literally everyone can do that, and nobody's going "wow, look at that guy carrying 35 points at once, he must be a true Warframe veteran".

What we actually think is "just score already so we can get this match done"

honestly I don't think it's a matter of not knowing how the game mode works (the vast majority of the time).  It's very easy to get wrapped up in running around looking for enemies and not even notice the fact that the timer is getting low or that your team only needs 4 of the 30 points you're carrying to win.  I think people just get tunnel visioned.  I know I had to force myself, after several losses on medium, to make it a point to check the clock, score, and how many points I'm carrying.  Haven't lost an index since I did so.

Sure, there may be guys who are just trying to be "the guy who wins the game with one turn in", but I think those guys are few and far between.

7 hours ago, Thaelyn2 said:

I think people just get tunnel visioned

I think that's a nice way of thinking of them 🙂

7 hours ago, Thaelyn2 said:

I know I had to force myself, after several losses on medium, to make it a point to check the clock, score, and how many points I'm carrying.  Haven't lost an index since I did so.

If only we could get through to them before they lose tens of thousands of credits for themselves and their teams? 😉

6 hours ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

There's also those people who save the points hoping for a second round.

Yes, I feel there's a lot of issues with Index, not least the rounds getting harder while the rewards stay the same.

I'm quite happy going long though, but that would take a communicating team. Maybe a Mesa on attack and a Gara, Atlas or Frost on defense. It's not something I'd try with 4 random Rhinos, especially one that isn't banking.

I think stacking points for the next round is a viable tactic, but not something you should ever do without a team that knows that's the plan.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

I think that's a nice way of thinking of them 🙂

If only we could get through to them before they lose tens of thousands of credits for themselves and their teams? 😉

That’s another thing that takes a conscious effort, trying to not assume the worst of people.  

As for losing tens of thousands of other people’s credits, that’s why I made it a point to learn index playing solo in medium risk. Maybe I’m the exception?

On 2018-12-24 at 7:39 PM, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Yeah, 'cause there's so few things to do in Warframe. They must have already maxed every focus tree, fused every mod, built every arcane 12 times, defeated every Eidolon and Orb Mother and maybe even found enough people online to play an actual Lunaro match.

You could well be right, but I don't think they're trolls - I think they genuinely believe that they get something, or maybe kudos, for carrying the most points at once. Yeah, we all have Rhino, literally everyone can do that, and nobody's going "wow, look at that guy carrying 35 points at once, he must be a true Warframe veteran".

What we actually think is "just score already so we can get this match done"

Yah I personally kinda finished warframe and the "trolls" is most likely trying to accomplish a personal achievement(really... like how is this challenge even hard ?) 

And hope RNG be in all of your favour (until you get bored of warframe and just played other games)