Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How for certain does the splitting of bodies work?

InterPlanetaryPurplyNoms

Question

There's no clear answer on the forum or the wiki. Does anyone have an actual understanding what causes bodies to split, what's the chance of it happening, and what makes them split multiple times?

ps: Try and avoid just naming weapons that work for splitting, it's the only piece of information already out there.

Edited by InterPlanetaryPurplyNoms

6 answers to this question

Slash damage is what does it, if I remember correctly. Game used to have a more extensive gore system, but as more and more enemies appeared in the game, they toned it down to just be triggered by slash damage for now. DE did say during an old devstream they might look into bringing back the extensive gore system, but nothing materialized so far.

I don't think anyone has done an exact calculation on it. I've done some testing in the past.

From what I've come up with your chance to gib an enemy is based on the amount of Slash damage and thus Slash weight of the weapon. Status effects don't play a roll and the amount of Slash damage dealt is directly compared to the enemies max health. Hence it's easier to gib enemies at lower levels than higher levels and also easy to gib bodies. Once enemies begin to scale you will see less and less of this effect unless you amplify your Slash damage output.

I think it's based on the amount of potential Slash damage before mitigation like armor but I'm not certain of this.

24 minutes ago, InterPlanetaryPurplyNoms said:

Do you mean the status proc Dmg or the base physical Dmg type?

Damage type. From my experience, letting an enemy die by slash procs doesn't cut them in half, but bashing them with a weapon with high slash physical damage does.

Well if you want to slice enemies in half I would advice you to use ash . I used him in high risk index with my 4 marking them 3 times killed them and I think it does mainly slash DMG so that frame is considerable for even in survival cause his abilities is pretty nice if you have some duration (actually I think the only one that uses dur is his 2 for invisibility)