Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abuse of Umbra's passive in index(people afk the whole game).

Sormaran

Edit: Same situation as with Banshee and focus farming back before the nerf. Jesus, how fast people are to man their defence for exploits and afk "playing"

Okay, so feature itself is fine. But it went from just tryin the feature to "i'll just afk the whole game". 

This is not ok. And annoying. If people would go do something in operator form that is fine, who cares if operator nor umbra wont carry the game, person is still playing at least. But afk'ing is not ok. I wonder if this is considered leeching or is it grey area cuz of Umbra, guess gotta just report it to find out.

Edited by Sormaran
  • Like 1

Its like you didnt read past the title. Ive no problem with umbra. Ive problem with people go into operator form and do nothing for the rest of the game. unless they get killed in the operator form then they go into it again and repeat.

Its literally the same as Banshee was used for focus back before the nerf. Press one button and go afk till mission ends.

Edited by Sormaran

1 minute ago, --RV--Draconian said:

They are in the operator form, while the objective is being taken care of. How is it a problem? They are not afk being useless.

Banshee before the nerf wasnt useless either. If i have to explain why afk'ing is not ok, i dont think we can ever come to a common ground.

48 minutes ago, Sormaran said:

Its like you didnt read past the title. Ive no problem with umbra. Ive problem with people go into operator form and do nothing for the rest of the game. unless they get killed in the operator form then they go into it again and repeat.

Its literally the same as Banshee was used for focus back before the nerf. Press one button and go afk till mission ends.

Ok, well maybe its none of your business what other people do in a public group; who you made you their father/god/clanleader?

If you want to make a new topic criticizing Umbra's design itself that's fine, but leave the humans who are using it as designed out of it.

And maybe play Index with your clan/friends instead of public if you want to decide how people play.

The problem OP is taking about is how the afk player doesn't contribute by killing, which can slow down the match. And, they don't have the decency of dying and also adding their point to the pool to shorten the match. If you aren't the point carrier dying helps the team, afk invulnerability hurts the team and slows the match.

9 hours ago, WhisperBiscuit said:

The problem OP is taking about is how the afk player doesn't contribute by killing, which can slow down the match. And, they don't have the decency of dying and also adding their point to the pool to shorten the match. If you aren't the point carrier dying helps the team, afk invulnerability hurts the team and slows the match.

An AI-controlled Umbra holding good weapons can pretty much solo the Index, the issue OP seems to have is with the effort/reward ratio of this tactic, given that is is very effective with little to no difficulty involved.

It probably should get changed somehow, but I have no idea how to do that without making Umbra borderline useless.  I'm of the opinion that leaving it as-is is the lesser of two evils, the other being making Umbra (And Duality Equnox maybe?  I have absolutely been using that to solo the Index basically for me) much less effective using our weapons.

11 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

An AI-controlled Umbra holding good weapons can pretty much solo the Index, the issue OP seems to have is with the effort/reward ratio of this tactic, given that is is very effective with little to no difficulty involved.

It probably should get changed somehow, but I have no idea how to do that without making Umbra borderline useless.  I'm of the opinion that leaving it as-is is the lesser of two evils, the other being making Umbra (And Duality Equnox maybe?  I have absolutely been using that to solo the Index basically for me) much less effective using our weapons.

If that's the case, then I'm completely with you. The only problem I've really had with it is that Umbras don't Mark dropped points for the carrier to find. But, in pugs people don't often do that either! Anyway, Warframe is all about efficiency in farming. Umbra is then the ultimate meta, farm index and clean your house at the same time