Trading, or the answer you rarely get to give.

(PSN)StBoulder

So trading... When I first saw that we could trade I thought that was a unique feature of the game and could not wait till I had gear to actually trade. To have something someone else needed gave me just a happy feeling. Now... I'm kinda frustrated. I have a slew of things I don't need and I want to sell them, but this is proving to brather difficult. I know i can sell them from my inventory for credits, butwe all know if given the choicwe are going to try for that plat.  I've spent many ahour in Maroo's with my hand up hoping to make a sale. To walk around looking at my fellow tenno with their hands up. It is as if we are all in a classroom and have been asked a question by the teacher to which we all know the answer to. We all really want to give that answer, and so few are picked. Hours of standing around. We all try to hock our wares in the realy chat, and that gets repetitive rather quickly. The trade chat itself isn't much better. Items and prices go flying by. Did some person who wants what i have see it?  I don't know. So we post and wait. Post and wait. Post and wait. A reply! How much am I asking? Oh, well I'm not going to pay that, sorry. And we're back to post and wait, rinse lather repeat. It is... frustrating. My excitement for this trade featured has waned and changed into trepidation over this process.

But all is not lost, I do make some sales and by that I make some of that sweet sweet plat. And by doing so I have made somebody's playtime that much better. So I offer this tweak for your consideration, an auction board. A place where we as players place our goods with we wish to part with. Other players can come see them and search with a bit more efficiency for what they want. Items can be placed for a number of days on which to bid (I imagine 3 to 5 days) and a buyout price can be set if after a number of hours the bids do not exceed a certain amount. Players bid 1 plat at a time (kinda like a penny bid site), and players can see what items are hot in real time.

I know some of you are going to mention the third party listing sites that are out there. I know they are there, but I also think this idea has merit and I think it has a chance to help players of all levels trade a little more happily and get out in the game a little more. Thanks for your time any Seasons Well Wishes to you all.

Yeah, well, excuse me for being tired of seeing the exact same type of thread at least once a week. Holidays or not, there's no excuse for this level of laziness (seriously, two words to search for). And while we're at it, auction houses are this exact type of laziness embodied. We don't need that frankly. People paid real money for that platinum, how about you put in some effort to get it from them?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, (PS4)StBoulder said:

Ok. Pardon me for voicing an idea, did not realize that the idea had already been voiced. Also so glad that you are so full of Holiday cheer as well as CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.  I honestly did not know that similar ideas had been voiced and shot down. 

DE doesn’t want you making plat with next to no input from you, that’s why AH is a bad idea. If you want plat you’re gonna have to go the extra mile 

There’s plenty of stuff that eases trade. Warframe market, riven market and chat filter. I just set my filter to WTB only and see the chat, there’s almost always someone who’s buying a not-so-rare-but-still-rare item that you probably have. It’s not big money but it’ll get you there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

*eyeroll* You know the forum has a search function, right? The answer to auction houses has always been the same: NO!

I need to point out that vacuum for pets was the same at some point too and the "NO!" you are saying in these threads also comes with a bunch of "YES!" too because both answers come from the playerbase.

7 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I need to point out that vacuum for pets was the same at some point too and the "NO!" you are saying in these threads also comes with a bunch of "YES!" too because both answers come from the playerbase.

Vacuum had no effect on the economy afaik, so not every no is gonna be a yes....Seriously dump the vacuum talk already, we get it >___> 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I'm pretty sure DE was also a part of those who said no on this one.

Spoiler

53:59 if it doesn't work.

5 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

DE doesn’t want you making plat with next to no input from you, that’s why AH is a bad idea. If you want plat you’re gonna have to go the extra mile 

There’s plenty of stuff that eases trade. Warframe market, riven market and chat filter. I just set my filter to WTB only and see the chat, there’s almost always someone who’s buying a not-so-rare-but-still-rare item that you probably have. It’s not big money but it’ll get you there. 

Dont you find it silly that warframe market what is essentially an auction house/tradeboard hasnt crashed the economy and lets players get their sales effortlessly and theres absolutely no problem with that?

I mean if ease of trade with minuscule effort would be really that much of a problem for DE, dont you think they would say something against it?

The current system actively hurts DE's income as most plat sales happen because people trade and the less pleasing the experience is the less people will fork out cash for DE.

1 hour ago, (PS4)StBoulder said:

It is... frustrating.

True,

its like this op, you've got a 'free to play' game, which in actuality means 'pay to win'

-yes people will deny this, but in reality if you want to 'Win' the good loot in any realistic time(vaulted items, god-like rivens, rare mods), you need to pay for it in plat. They avoid being called true 'pay to win' because instead of buying the loot direct from DE, we buy from other players; but the effects are similar, money=success.

This leads to loads of people who want plat, yet don't want to pay real money buying it cause of the 'free play' illusion.

So trade is full of both greedy and cheap people constantly clashing trying to get other players' plat, hence your frustration.

And this is actually a Good Thing for DE since their funding comes from real money plat purchases; the trade conflict motivates people to go buy plat, and the deadbeats to quit playing.

So an Auction House, which potentially reduces that frustration/motivation, as well as being work/server load for DE; just isn't in the cards for their business model.

Edited by (PS4)haphazardlynamed

1 час назад, (PS4)StBoulder сказал:

Ok. Pardon me for voicing an idea, did not realize that the idea had already been voiced. Also so glad that you are so full of Holiday cheer as well as CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.  I honestly did not know that similar ideas had been voiced and shot down. 

They were not "shot down." Auction requests are constantly posted on this forum. 

I am sure, sooner or later, the developers will done the normal auction in to the game. Trading chat is terrible.

Edited by Falconer777

43 минуты назад, Fallen_Echo сказал:

Dont you find it silly that warframe market what is essentially an auction house/tradeboard hasnt crashed the economy and lets players get their sales effortlessly and theres absolutely no problem with that?

I mean if ease of trade with minuscule effort would be really that much of a problem for DE, dont you think they would say something against it?

The current system actively hurts DE's income as most plat sales happen because people trade and the less pleasing the experience is the less people will fork out cash for DE.

Absolutely true noticed!
Comfortable trading only stimulates the sale. 
Now even buying something in the trading chat is a headache.

1 час назад, Gabbynaru сказал:

Yeah, well, excuse me for being tired of seeing the exact same type of thread at least once a week.

And I'm tired of watching the same guys come to every topic about the auction and start their baseless "No!! It will kill the economy, Clemm and DE !!"))
What are you, personally, DE authorized to say "NO !!" in these topics? I have not seen anything for all these months in any of these topics in the developer’s comment that “No, we, the DE team, categorically declare that there will NEVER be an auction in the game and all topics on the auction will be closed by moderators!”)
Not a single comment. Now, if suddenly such a comment appears - another thing.

P.S. Yes, and if such topics appear on the forum all the time, and very often, it means that this function is very much in demand by the players.

Edited by Falconer777

6 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

And I'm tired of watching the same guys come to every topic about the auction and start their baseless "No!! It will kill the economy, Clemm and DE !!"))
What are you, personally, DE authorized to say "NO !!" in these topics? I have not seen anything for all these months in any of these topics in the developer’s comment that “No, we, the DE team, categorically declare that there will NEVER be an auction in the game and all topics on the auction will be closed by moderators!”)
Not a single comment. Now, if suddenly such a comment appears - another thing.

P.S. Yes, and if such topics appear on the forum all the time, and very often, it means that this function is very much in demand by the players.

Good for you, son. Now since when the flying Clem do you have the authority to tell me what to post? Don't like it? Tough. The ignore's right there. Use it!

Edited by Gabbynaru
  • Like 2

1 минуту назад, Gabbynaru сказал:

Good for you, son. Now since when the flying Clem do you have the authority to tell me what to post? Don't like it? Tough. The ignore's right there. Use it!

The same can say to you, "dad") You don’t like auction topics - ignore them.

2 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

The same can say to you, "dad") You don’t like auction topics - ignore them.

That's not how it works, my dude. If everyone ignores a topic that they dislike, that sends the wrong message. I don't want auction houses because they're a terrible idea and have been terrible in every game I've played that had them. So I will make my voice heard, so that DE doesn't think everyone agrees with implementing this terrible idea.

Plus, I didn't tell you to ignore the topic, I told you to ignore me since you're so hellbent on disagreeing with whatever I say. It's better for both of us to ignore each other, cause we'll never reach a compromise anyway. I ain't budging from this position, you ain't budging from yours, that's the end of the line.

• Like 2

1 минуту назад, Gabbynaru сказал:

That's not how it works, my dude. If everyone ignores a topic that they dislike, that sends the wrong message. I don't want auction houses because they're a terrible idea and have been terrible in every game I've played that had them. So I will make my voice heard, so that DE doesn't think everyone agrees with implementing this terrible idea.

And the auction is a great idea for me and so many other players, so we also will not cease to offer this idea. 

As for the two of us - yes, ignore is not a bad idea, I agree)

As others suggested, the warframe.market website works very well to sell your things for platinium. I made a rather fast 200 plat this weekend.

I do not agree that the game is "pay to win", it's pretty much more "pay to save time" and it's not the first ( nor last ) game that will work like that. Only thing you can't get from trading are the Tennogen stuff as those have a real money value to help support their creators.

I'm not judging anyone's way of playing the game, but to me, the fun factor resides in taking my time to explore each stages and loot as much as I can. In the end, a stage can take me 20 mins to clear, but will give me more mats than running it 4 times in 5 mins.

As for more "valuable" stuff like Warframe / Weps / Whatever blueprints that you would use, or sell, it's better to go as a group ( especially for fissures ). Not only it helps for the MMO aspect of actual interaction with others, it also boosts a lot your chances to get what you want. Being able to get a copy of a piece you needed from a teammate ( again, in fissures ), cause they got lucky and you didn't, helps a lot to lower "I'll farm for this thing forever" feeling 🙂

1 hour ago, Falconer777 said:

And the auction is a great idea for me and so many other players, so we also will not cease to offer this idea. 

This. I think your "dad" walked into that one. My question is, in the first response to op guy was like "I'm tired of responding to these"... Dude, then don't? Like ur not required to respond to posts or anything. If it's really as bad an idea as you say then it will be rejected by others or someone else will let us know that it's a common suggestion. There's no reason to come up here and get angry about having to do that when you don't have to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

DE doesn’t want you making plat with next to no input from you, that’s why AH is a bad idea. If you want plat you’re gonna have to go the extra mile.

But they're OK with me making plat with next to no input from me if I use a third-party site?

The problem with auction houses that work while a player is offline is that they quickly start a -1 race which drives prices down. Anyone that played Pirates of the Burning Sea when they switched from a blind auction to one where the prices were visible will remember how the AH economy basically crashed over a couple of days and the game died. In PotBS the economy wasn't directly tied to real-world cash like plat is so anything that could have such a massive impact on plat sales would be a serious risk for DE's income.

Trade chat isn't great but an AH would likely be a disaster for DE. I seriously doubt DE is happy about WF Market but they can't do anything about it and sales require both parties to be online so it isn't much different to trade chat really.

• Like 1

Personally, from all the horror stories I've heard from other games, I think AH is an idea we should put to some serious discussion before implementation - that is if we absolutely have to implement it.

I think the reason why warframe.market works is because it is basically trading chat++, in a sense that, even if you do want to buy an item, you require the seller to be online as well. Most would assume a built-in AH would offer functionality for buying the item regardless of online state, which is the crux of the "-1" problem. Add to that the fact that not everyone knows about warframe.market, and you have your reason as to why it hasn't killed the economy yet.

The safe way to implement AH, in my opinion, would be to basically take warframe.market and imitate its functionality in warframe. It looks like an AH but doesn't bring too much of the bad over.

2 часа назад, (PS4)negativ21 сказал:

This. I think your "dad" walked into that one. My question is, in the first response to op guy was like "I'm tired of responding to these"... Dude, then don't? Like ur not required to respond to posts or anything. If it's really as bad an idea as you say then it will be rejected by others or someone else will let us know that it's a common suggestion. There's no reason to come up here and get angry about having to do that when you don't have to. 

I agree. Moreover, I repeat - DE did not authorize anyone to oppose the idea of an auction on their behalf. This is a personal opinion of this guy, and some others, who are against the auction. But their opinion is no more significant, than the opinion of other players, who ask to enter the auction in the game. Equal rights.
And this arrogant "We already said no !!" - funny just ...