Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oh hey, Simulor+Mirage is back.....greeeeeeeat...

Nez-Kal

So, just got out of a few Kuva Siphons since the last week of Updates. Looks like Simulor+Mirage is back.....so that's cool....Honestly, I feel like I was getting a little too attached to my Framerates, so it's nice of the Mirages to help me tone them down to single digits again.

But joking aside, I didn't actually see a "significant" Framerate drop, but I ALSO didn't see the Simulor Orbs or their Zones either. What I did see was the classic "Press X to pick up item....in about 3 seconds after button press" lag that started as they were nearby, literally going hog-wild just trying to disconnect other players and crash the game (You know, when the Mirage jumps and dances around you, shooting wildly, even though there are no enemies nearby).

Anyone else getting the "Can't see the blinding Simulor Zones" issue (if you can call that an issue), or anyone getting any other interesting lag mixes with the classic troll combo making its way back into the game?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Yeah, I see that nonsense and I just lolnope out of the team as soon as possible and drop the player on ignore. 

Don't need migraines just because someone likes having a seizure rave in public missions.

Ignoring players doesn't stop you from getting missions with them. It only stops you from seeing their messages. They can even still see yours last I checked. Yeah, it's bad.

31 minutes ago, gutterwife said:

Ignoring players doesn't stop you from getting missions with them. It only stops you from seeing their messages. They can even still see yours last I checked. Yeah, it's bad.

That is correct but it helps me identify players I dont want to team with when their greyed out name appears. I just bail as soon as posdible and find a new team.

Edited by MagPrime

9 hours ago, Feltal said:

The new simulor and staticor FX are terrible. Who thought putting one billion particles into each shot was a good idea?

I think its a great idea.. It adds a new type of dynamic to consider as taking something with wide aoe has a side effect of hurting your ability to spot targets at different ranges whom are still a threat.

Also if the particle effects bother you, you can Turn it down or off in all versions of the game. Or also just change the weapons energy color to black.

11 hours ago, (NSW)half_Lemon4 said:

Then I'm glad no one seem to have it on switch. 

I went through a sortie with somebody having this, so no, it is on the switch already, interestingly though, the framerate didn't tank that badly at all.

Edited by Aldain

3 hours ago, CarrotSalad said:

I think its a great idea.. It adds a new type of dynamic to consider as taking something with wide aoe has a side effect of hurting your ability to spot targets at different ranges whom are still a threat.

Also if the particle effects bother you, you can Turn it down or off in all versions of the game. Or also just change the weapons energy color to black.

Trust me I have all forms of particles as low as possible. Such a good way to get people to admire your GPU particles.

4 hours ago, CarrotSalad said:

Or just wear a blindfold or welder's mask. 

Or hold a medium-sized cat in front of your eyes.  I recommend short hair.  And think about giving those claws a trim first if you're planning on a long gaming session.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

And yet again de will Nerf the simulor AGAIN instead of finally fixing mirage.. probably even before the buff hits console.. -____- 

How many weapons need to die by Mirage's hands before DE treats the cause instead of the symptoms. 

RIP release-state Kohm, your projectiles will never be forgotten. 

I mean I like the new effects, de really are taking full advantage of the improved particle system, and fortunately we have settings to adjust that if you don't want that level of visual effects. as for simulor mirage reviving that's an issue that'll remain for pretty much every aoe weapon that isn't utter garbage until de decides to address her kit, but then we've had meme strike so long maybe they've given up any interest in that endeavor.