Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx rework 1.5 (More to Psychic themed)

XenMaster

16 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Nyx was...comfortable, but also in a years-long rut. It's disturbing to have the status quo change, but the changes are a net positive. 

I really disagree that these are a positive. The only things that are good are Mind Control got additional buffs(no negatives), and Chaos was untouched.

The current Psychic Bolts actually gets worse as your gear gets better. There are so many ways to bypass enemy defenses that this change is really questionable. Sure, it's more effective at an earlier stage, but no button should become totally useless. This is even worse when you neglect Power Strength, too. We don't even have to talk about how clunky it is to use and how the visual feedback is non-existent. Before, with the radiation and disarm procs, it could scale indefinitely on many enemies. It could even easily smash cameras but that was taken away, too.

Absorb is an absolute travesty. No one will argue against that.

Even if they buffed the passive to something absurd, it would still matter little. Especially once the damage starts to pile on. No one feels good about a % chance to get instantly killed slightly less often. I'm also pretty sure that explosions are exempt from accuracy penalties. I'd love to be wrong, though. This just pales in comparison to the old passive.

There's definitely more work to be done.

7 hours ago, Keltik0ne said:

I actually ran some arbitrations, comparing her utility/cc to IDLoki, Slowva and Baruuk. It was far easiest and most effective on the Loki, with Baruuk being a decent alternative and Nova being decent CC (but best dps booster).

Nyx is not in a great place right now, as I said, she brings nothing that can't be easily lived without. 

If you like the place she's in, good for you.

These frames all play differently. It's no surprise people might like one over another. I personally despise Loki and Nova and only play with them in extreme circumstances.

Things could definitely be better for Nyx but it's not this. There are a lot of great ideas flying around this board. Let's hope some of them bear fruit.

• Like 1

Passive is Assert Dominance. More affected enemies by her skills, the stronger her kits.

My idea

Mind control could gain elemental and bonus stats on current nyx's equipped weapon mod.

Mind control target bypass Defense mission wave.

Absorb deal damage bypassing shield and armor.

Overall that guy's idea is good except mind control need some elemental damage and status proc.

• Like 1

If we can get Exalted mod slot for Mind Control, that doesnt discriminate for the various type of enemies' stats, we can make Mind Control strong as Pets with fully modded.

Few things that need changes for the MC

1. Invulnerable to status effect including knockdown, stun, fire panic. Preventing them getting status effect so they can continue to dps.

2. Remove the kill requirement that preventing Defense mission to progress (this is the most annoying thing to exist especially when you need a proper killing machine)

3. Increased threat level to maximum

Optional : new augment that turn target into eximus upon mind controlled. Followed by color energy

Arson : Red

Arctic : White

Disruptor : Blue

Healer : Green

Allow to command like Tenno Specter so they can guard Interception, Defense, Survival camp etc.

I love the fact this guy start his video telling people just want frame become what they want and not just improve, then telling HE got great ideas on how to improve nyx, finally give idea about the way HE want the frame....

There are other topics that talk about nyx rework, and in my very own opinion, that bring better idea than that.

(Didn't watch lol, could you summarize?)

1 hour ago, XenMaster said:

Mind control could gain elemental and bonus stats on current nyx's equipped weapon mod.

She can already give a damage boost to the MC victim by shooting them within the first 4 seconds, in case you missed that.

But sure, adding the Crit & Status values plus elemental damage of whatever weapon you used to pump them up, why not.

Mind control target bypass Defense mission wave.

Yes pls.

Also, I think MC should just become permanent if you store up enough damage to to kill the victim,
make them drop their loot at that point to prevent possible - intended or not - griefing issues.

A single immortal buddy (to kill them off, hold 1) with still-meh-at-higher-levels damage, hardly OP IMO,
but it'd give Nyx something truly unique (and not least fun, I dare say).

Absorb deal damage bypassing shield and armor.

Hm, dunno 'bout that, not least, it'd kind of invalidate the new Psychic Bolts debuff
(make that affect more enemies though / make it recastable without having to first turn off the old instance via holding, WTF).

I'd mostly want for Absorb to have a bigger range, and for that range to not be affected by the Augment,
plus for the extra Energy drain every X damage stored to be removed, e.g. Mallet or Maim don't have that.
Then, you could actually have some proper, sustainable teamwork potential, with other players fueling your Absorb for big badabooms.

Hmmm. How much do people get paid for promoting YouTube videos? How can I get in on that sweet, sweet lucre? 

If you want to know how to make a full time salary, just promoting a few videos, just click on [link redacted for violation of forum guidelines, public morality laws, and animal rights violations] and get started today! 

What are you waiting for? Get moving! 

16 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Hmmm. How much do people get paid for promoting YouTube videos? How can I get in on that sweet, sweet lucre? 

If you want to know how to make a full time salary, just promoting a few videos, just click on [link redacted for violation of forum guidelines, public morality laws, and animal rights violations] and get started today! 

What are you waiting for? Get moving! 

If you read the guy’s old posts, he’s more about nyx than promoting YTers, it just so happens that this particular YTer made a video about nyx....it’s the content not the creator 

Sure, but I also find irritating thoses Yters that are telling "Everybody is dumb and do S#&$ but me, smarterst youtuber ever, I have the solution to solve the problem"...
This is mostly how I receive this when I watch the first 5 mins of this videos.

Don't get me wrong, nyx is not inb a really good condition actually, but telling people to stop proposing personal opinion about what nyx should be and then brininging super personal opinion about how it should be... mheeeee.

But let be honnest and humble, we all made proposition and gave idea about what we would like nyx to be.
Who is fool enought to say "hay, I hate this idea, soo do it"...

The only difference, we don't claim we have the most objective idea and we own the truth by making a video to promote ourselves. This is why I hate the most people using youtuber as exemple of what could be good. Youtube and gaming is all about promoting yourself.  Would you use an advertisment as a main argument  during a trial? no. So use common sense and don't take everything a no one anonymous will tell on internet.

But keep the good work and keep making proposition and give idea about hhow this frame could be enhanced. In the end maybe mixing a lot of idea can bring this frame from not very good to good enought to be chosen over some other frames. But bring fresh idea. Posting and promoting youtubers idea won't help. mostly when you realise almost every youtube video about a thing is just a copy / past of an other video, wich is already a copy / past of some other videos wich are themselve a copy past of ideas that were on forum for long...

Edited by N2h2

Yep, i guess Nyx is not for everyone then.

Still, it's good to feel like a literal god in Mot surviving with only your sniper equipped and your abilities without feeling guilty for straight up cheesing the game or getting bored.

If only they would reroll those disarms on Psychic Bolts but now with a 100% chance, i would spend a mod slot on them.

On 2018-12-19 at 2:16 AM, Dr.Pepper23 said:

Something isn't right.

Mind controlled a corrupted bombard, pumped 400% dmg into him. Expected him to kill anything but he lost vs a single crewman lol... 

Pumped a lvl 160 Corrupted one with 4000% and they still do no damage. Enemy EHP scaling is exponential and far surpasses linear damage scaling, making MC completely useless.

A change I'd like to see would be to make the mind controlled target work a bit like Khora's 3.  Tap the button to make them attack a specific target, guard another player, or guard an area and then hold the button to end the affect early.  Combined with Mind Freak though I've seen targets do decent enough damage to be worth using.

Shame it's as lacklustre as I'd imagined when I saw it. Not totally surprising considering the lack of effort and thought put into reworking anything other than saryn. Some points I don't entirely understand and would honestly have hoped would have been fixed here:

Why is Mind control on such a short duration when i can have a half dozen easily accessible spectres that are more useful active at once?

Why can't nyx dodge-roll in her augmented absorb how mesa can with her 4?

Why (as others have said) is her 2 not recastable on account of its secondary effect when other armour-stripping and debuffing abilities (polarize, seeking talons etc.) seperate the ability's duration from its debuff.

My honest opinion: I don't think DE fully appreciate how much of a rework both Nyx and Titania required to bring them up to par. I understand they stated they aren't adding any new abilities to frames in reworks, but that doesn't excuse such a slender buff after players waited so long to play these frames. Come on DE: shake up the meta FFS!

• Like 1

why should i care about a youtube user? i think my ideas are better.

mind control start at +500% damage, the agument should improve the accurecy, shooting the target, on top of adding damage, add to it the puncture, impact, slash, and crit and status effect to its attacks, and rate of fire scaling every 100% you and team mates add.

2, bolts make the enemies completely blind or forced to use a random dance animation for duration.

3, AOE mind control without damage boost.

4, damage amplified and get equal amount of pncture, slash and impact, since if you have corpus using puncture, and grineer using impact, they are basicly using the damage type they are reletivly strong agaist, and it dosent scale well on higher levels. also stun enemies for a duration without a disarm, something like mesa weapon jam.

Edited by BloodKitten

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Galeforce43 said:

Shame it's as lacklustre as I'd imagined when I saw it. Not totally surprising considering the lack of effort and thought put into reworking anything other than saryn. 

We need our lord and savior, Pablo's blessing on this rework for it to work.

Pablo i summon thee!

*sacrifices a Kuaka*

1. Mind control need to let us advance next wave in Defense mission

2. Mind control need to be on Specter level of damage output and commandable

3. Psychic bolts spammable and readded radiation proc.

4. Psychic bolts increases threat level.

5. Chaos target permanently affected by puncture (attack dmg is reduced), and take stun affect if "attempting" to attack nyx.

6. Absorb gain more range and status proc anything it absorbed.

• Like 3

and a thing i forgot to add about her 1st ability rework.

It duration isn't the same on every NPC, A lot of NPC that would be interesting to control see the duration drastically reduced.

For a base duration of 30 seconds (for a basic NPC like a corpus crewman with my build) you got 6 second for a jackal, 1.2 sec for a small spider, 7.5 second on nullifier.
First it could seems fair that you cant take control for a long time over most powerful enemies...

BUT...

There is Revenant. This frame have control over ANY npc for the SAME duration whatever the enemy type or level. It also have control over any small boss (stalker, Alad V, Segent...) and if you want to get ride of them? just control them, use the dash skill 2 time thru them and .. Dead, even bosses.

So telling her 1 is actually good... no, not even decent compared to that.

I will be a bit on the extrem about it but, if you want nyx to be able to match other frames, it has still to be buffed a lot on certain skill, or a lot of fram have to be nerfed (which is mostly not a good idea) to get her able to match.

Main issue is whatever have been done until now, all her skill have an "equivalent" that is far better on other frames regarding what is useful to counter enemies with actual game mechanics.
She still worth to be played, because she have somthing unique overall, but i'm sure she will stay a frame a lot of player will craft, level and throw away as soon as she will be lvl 30.

If you want to compare her skill by skill/
1st is a cheap revenant.
2nd is a saryn with 3% range
3rd is an inneficient equinox.
and her 4th is a parlysed valkyr...

It's caricatural, but told like that, it dosn't make me hyped

I don't think she needs damages to be a good frame, having somthing else than "I am killing everything jsut by pushing 1,2,3 or 4" give her somthing interesting.
but the tools she have are not efficient enought like they actually are.

Edited by N2h2
  • Like 1

splitting ideas in multiple thread won't help. It mostly deserve the goal...

mostly when the same user is creating new topics on the same issue for each idea.
The thrad above already got a lot of interesting answers. why creating a new one??? please.

If I was limited to pick only 2 things that if changed would be the difference between annoying to play and enjoyable they'd be:

1. Allow Psychic Bolts to be instantly recastable (refeshing on same or new targets).

2. Change sound effect of Psychic Bolts to previous version - current sound effect is like a cheese grater on my ears.

Regarding sound effects - I love the new one for Chaos, and both Mind Control/Absorb are fine. Only Psychic Bolts sound effect is pretty annoying to listen to - too much grating/rasping - it's not an enjoyable sound, like a speedboat motor or similar... would prefer something smoother/gentler.

Edited by Sailears