Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ranks

Neofit26

Question

Hi,

Do they still have rank "exams" in the game? I've played about 1.5 years ago, I was having fun, progressing through ranks, until I reached the exam for rank 8 (or was it 9?). The one where you have to perfect millimeter jumps to the split second, "jump-climb" a wall, etc. After 3-4 warm up tries I can make it through, but never for the actual test. Then there is this 24 hours punishment period that makes no sense, when you lose muscle memory again, and have to waste more time the next to re-warm up. So after a few days of this ordeal, and being unable to progress, I stopped playing and paying altogether. I was never the last to reach the egress point in a quick mission run, but this test happened to be too hard for me.

I bet it's all still there so there is no point in trying to come back, is there?

3 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Neofit26 said:

I bet it's all still there so there is no point in trying to come back, is there?

It's still there.

As to whether there is "no point" in trying to come back... you're the only one who can answer. The test hardly requires muscle memory or anything like that, it's a pretty straightforward test.

I'll just leave this guide here:

That's actually the only MR test that helped me get better at the game.  It probably took me a week to get through that one because I had never really gotten into the advanced movement aspect of the game.  I hadn't really seen a need for it up to that point.  After having to practice that one as many times as I did before finally being able to pass it, I can get around the map infinitely more easily now than I ever could before.

Ultimately, though, Dhrekr is right.  Only you can decide if there's a point to coming back.  Just understand that the whole purpose of those early mastery tests(*) is to push you to master various game play skills in the early game so that they can benefit you later in the game. They can be obnoxious, I know, but they are there to help you, not hinder you.

* - and I do mean just the early ones.  For example, by the time I did the MR 18 "Defend the cryopod" test, I had spent so many countless hours in defense missions that I could have done that one in my sleep.

Edited by Thaelyn2

3 minutes ago, Thaelyn2 said:

Just understand that the whole purpose of those early mastery tests(*) is to push you to master various game play skills in the early game so that they can benefit you later in the game. They can be obnoxious, I know, but they are there to help you, not hinder you.

Nah, I'm doing fine. Like I said, I'm never the last on the finish line in those PUG quick runs. And anyway getting there half a second faster is not the core of the game and I haven't seen any other zone where this could be useful. If only there wasn't this stupid 24 hours lockdown... Never mind then.