General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

[Visual glitch] distant landscape stands out when you look in the distance in both Plains and Orb Vallis

-EvilFluffyBunny-

(repost here because i didn't know Fortuna Forums was a thing.. i know i'm blind)

this started happening after Fortuna Part 2 dropped, the distant landscape would just look really ugly because it stands out and there's nothing covering it 

here are the screenshots 

LvyRYSW.jpg

goMxeCM.jpg

I sat there trying all different graphics settings here and there as well as full screen, windowed and borderless and nothing fixed it. I can't figure out what's causing it and idk if anyone else has the same issue, if there is then please post if you found a fix and bump this thread.. as you can see, it's a REALLY ugly glitch to look at every time you're  in an open world area, and i really hope it gets fixed as soon as the team is able to look into it 

It's not a problem with your graphics, I see it on mine as well.  

I think the problem is with some missing layer, like a fog that recreates fading with distance. When I saw it looking absolutely hideous on PoE confirmed that it must be something gone missing from the open world rendering. 

13 hours ago, Exiztenzial said:

I think the problem is with some missing layer, like a fog that recreates fading with distance. When I saw it looking absolutely hideous on PoE confirmed that it must be something gone missing from the open world rendering. 

i do remember a weird layer of fog that used to rotate when i rotate the camera, and it did look like it's what was covering the landscape in the distance. idk why that layer isn't there anymore. And if i remember correctly, the glitch above also changes when i rotate the camera, so it would only make sense for it to be related to that layer of fog that disappeared.