How good is mirage?

(NSW)RegularDarth

You can use 1. to instakill trash mobs with an Ignis, 4. built for range and strength nukes the map, 2. and 3. are inconsistent but have their uses.

It's not the best endgame frame, but it's fun, you can speedrun low levels with Mirage or take an armor strip AoE and a Maiming Strike melee to high levels and try to get an use of the buffs from the 2..(or 3., i don't remember which one, i don't play Mirage much)

The blind effect from the other is also useful if you spawn it right on a group of enemies.

Edited by kgabor

Mirage is a genuinely fun frame with the same condition as every other; you have to know the strengths and weaknesses. The first weakness to be aware of is that two of her abilities function on whether she's in the Light or the Dark, and Warframe does a very, very poor job of showing you which is which. Lighting in Warframe is Volumetric, while her abilities are polar, meaning a shadowy area might not be actually classed as Dark because it's greater than 50% light where you're standing. You'll find that out a few times along the way ^^

So, her 1 is objectively fantastic. Enemies will aim for your mirror clones instead of you, meaning that unless you're in a direct line-of-sight behind the clone that an enemy is shooting at you're not getting hit. when you're running, try to make sure you strafe around enemies to position your clones to your left and right, not directly ahead of you, and they'll do you a solid on defense. Even Bombard rockets will just pass on through them and impact somewhere else. Area of Effect will still get you, though, if you're within the blast radius.

As far as damage goes, two of the clones at all times will fire a copy of your weapon or hit with a copy of your melee, usually the nearest two to the direction you're aiming. This will give you a base of 40% extra damage on every shot you fire (as the two clones each deal 20% of the weapon's damage), but this can be modded with Strength to easily double that, meaning you can get 80-100% damage off them if you mod for them. Works really well with hit-scan weapons. A drawback of the melee, though, is that hits from the clone melee weapons do not count towards the Combo Counter, so use that side with caution if you're trying to build it up.

Her 2 is arguably her weakest ability. Arguably, because it depends on what you're expecting out of her 4. The main part of the ability, the booby traps it puts on items... isn't the best. Enemies that aren't alert will go for the objects, which will explode, and all enemies are then subject to friendly fire from traps, like the Corpus energy grid doors and turrets, or the Grineer Arc Traps.

On the downside, it will make pick-ups actually detonate. This includes Ammo, Health orbs, Energy orbs and even Affinity orbs. They don't disappear for your allies, just for you, which can be absolutely irritating when you're low on ammo or energy.

The Jewels, though, are kind of useful. You place one down wherever you're aiming in a very large base range, and it will then be a little trap for enemies. If you place it in the Dark, it becomes a blinding trap, if you place it in the Light it becomes a damage trap. The damage is poor, but the blind is a base of 5 seconds that you can mod for longer, so that's very useful when used right.

Her 3 is simple and fun when you know exactly where Light and Dark are. In the dark it's straight-up damage reduction. Don't listen to the description saying that she's 'harder to hit' enemies will still hit you, but for up to 95% reduced damage, it's pretty good. And in the Light it turns into damage boosting for you, which is also functionally amazing as it's Multiplicative, not Additive, to the weapon's total damage. A weapon that deals around 250 damage per shot will deal 900 with just an Intensify equipped, and the bonus can easily get you over 4x damage boosting on your modded weapon.

Best of all, while Eclipse is active you can actually tell whether you're in the Light or the Dark; Mirage visually changes if you're in one or the other. In the Light she glows and in the Dark she becomes smoky and partially see-through. Mirage Prime is even better, because she has additional effects that happen in the Light or the Dark. Keep it up as much as you can, because Eclipse plus Hall of Mirrors is a heck of a lot of survivability and a heck of a lot of damage, just not at the same time ^^

And her 4 is actually kind of weak, but only because of two factors; the first is that the damage from it was reduced, so the lasers on the laser ball are good for clearing trash-mobs or anything at low level, but drop off quite quickly. And the second is that the Blind when it bursts (which you can do manually to get the timing right) is line-of-sight, so if you don't position it right, you were probably better off using her 2. Do note, however, the damage is doubled when you're in the Light, and it only costs 50 energy to compensate for it being weaker than most frames' 4th.

If you know these are the limitations, the glitter ball is actually very functional. You can up your DPS with it, which is always useful, and as long as you position it above enemies in a large enough space to hit all of them, you can burst it to blind a huge area of enemies. As we know from Excalibur, a radial blind is a very useful thing.

So all-in-all, you've got a frame that's both survivable and damage boosting, with access to radial blinds and the ability to turn enemy traps against them. She's brilliant as long as you know her weaknesses and where to compensate for them.

Have fun with her!

She's been somewhat pigeon holed into a Damage build but she does that very well.

She's one of two frames who can boost their status output, she's fast and makes a good run-through mission frame but she does RNG die so be ready for that. Since the lighting changes her light / dark mechanic hasn't quite worked right. Her 4th is a death trap casting time mostly, even with Natural talent. Her 2nd still isn't good either.

I use her still and used to have 3 different builds. Now I just have one. It's unfortunate.

il y a 56 minutes, Xzorn a dit :

She's one of two frames who can boost their status output

Wait who is the second? I can't find it by memory 😧

Mirage is still fun, only the old CC build is dead, and the light/dark mechanic is wonky at best. She can still play cannon mode and she does some pretty incredible stuff with weapons, but she's a lot like Chroma - upkeep your 2 buffs and forget you have a kit. 

Still at least she's more interesting than poor Chroma. Scourge, a multishot riven and mirage with peach energy makes for some hilarious eye rape ❤️

4 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Wait who is the second? I can't find it by memory 😧

Mirage is still fun, only the old CC build is dead, and the light/dark mechanic is wonky at best. She can still play cannon mode and she does some pretty incredible stuff with weapons, but she's a lot like Chroma - upkeep your 2 buffs and forget you have a kit. 

Still at least she's more interesting than poor Chroma. Scourge, a multishot riven and mirage with peach energy makes for some hilarious eye rape ❤️

It's Octavia, though small she gives the group a multishot buff.

Yea, Mirage tends to do most of her CC through her weapons now but I miss my CC build and my Hybrid builds.

4 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Her 3 is simple and fun when you know exactly where Light and Dark are. In the dark it's straight-up damage reduction. Don't listen to the description saying that she's 'harder to hit' enemies will still hit you, but for up to 95% reduced damage, it's pretty good. And in the Light it turns into damage boosting for you, which is also functionally amazing as it's Multiplicative, not Additive, to the weapon's total damage. A weapon that deals around 250 damage per shot will deal 900 with just an Intensify equipped, and the bonus can easily get you over 4x damage boosting on your modded weapon. 

Best of all, while Eclipse is active you can actually tell whether you're in the Light or the Dark; Mirage visually changes if you're in one or the other. In the Light she glows and in the Dark she becomes smoky and partially see-through. Mirage Prime is even better, because she has additional effects that happen in the Light or the Dark. Keep it up as much as you can, because Eclipse plus Hall of Mirrors is a heck of a lot of survivability and a heck of a lot of damage, just not at the same time ^^

This is a common misunderstanding unless they recently changed her.

The Dark buff of Eclipse is both scaled and capped by the level of shadow she is standing in, this means it usually requires far more than just an intensify to achieve 95% reduction (if its even possible in the shadow she is standing in) and in most shadows she is capped at a far lower number, possibly as low as 5% reduction.  As it always displays '95%' reduction the only way to find the actual damage reduction would be to actually get hit and calculate it based on the damage taken, which is made even more impractical with how wildly it changes with even a few steps.

Similar mechanics apply to her Light Eclipse buff, it is scaled to light levels and was very difficult to get it past even 1/3 its displayed value in my tests.  The most extreme disparity between displayed and actual buff was in PoE at night where a 746% displayed damage bonus only gave a 26% actual bonus.

Edited by Ailyene
Minor Typo
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Ailyene said:

This is a common misunderstanding unless they recently changed her.

Actually, no, in the entire time since her release, I've never seen a patch note that says anything about this. And believe me, I read them all.

Unless this is a secret nerf, Mirage has always been polarised, either in the dark or in the light.

Could you show me your testing, please? Because there is absolutely nothing, ever, in her patches to suggest this is the case.

34 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Actually, no, in the entire time since her release, I've never seen a patch note that says anything about this. And believe me, I read them all.

Unless this is a secret nerf, Mirage has always been polarised, either in the dark or in the light.

Could you show me your testing, please? Because there is absolutely nothing, ever, in her patches to suggest this is the case.

Well, here's the numbers I recorded from poking a turret in PoE last year.  Its not like its new information that it scales to lighting\darkness since its been on the wiki page on it for years now.

Spoiler

Using Mk1 Braton w/Serration vs. Lvl.16 Turret with 746% displayed bonus:
38 damage unmodified damage against turret (No Buffs)

48 damage - Standing in Floodlight at night/morning (26% damage bonus)
48 damage - 75m of day left  (26% damage bonus vs. 746% displayed bonus) [Standing in Floodlight]
50 damage - 70m of day left (32% damage bonus)
129 damage - 65m of day left (240% damage bonus)
175 damage - 60m of day left (360% damage bonus)
222 damage - 55m of day left (484% damage bonus)
246 damage - 50m of day left (547% damage bonus)
256 damage - 47m of day left (573% damage bonus)
260 damage - 45m of day left (584% damage bonus) [Perfectly Midday]
240 damage - 40m of day left (532% damage bonus)
232 damage - 35m of day left (510% damage bonus)
208 damage - 30m of day left (447% damage bonus)
150 damage - 25m of day left (295% damage bonus)
 70 damage - 20m of day left (84% damage bonus)
 90 damage - 15m of day left (137% damage bonus) [Standing in Floodlights from now on, too dark for damage buff normally now]
 60 damage - 10m of day left (58% damage bonus)
 48 damage - 05m of day left (26% damage bonus)

Edit:

I couldn't find all the numbers I wrote down for damage reduction but the numbers I found should still be enough to show that its not a static 95%

Spoiler

308% Power Strength, Level 31 Grineer Scorpion in Hydron, Overhead Swing attack only :

Test 1:

1056 > 855 (199 damage) <- Unbuffed (0% DR)
1056 > 965 (91 damage) (60%) <- Random location.
1056 > 955 (101 damage) (50%) <- Random location.
1056 > 936 (120 damage) (40%) <- 1 meter off from 95% reduction location.
1056 > 1046  (10 damage) (95%) <- 'Darkest' parts of map, found a few more pockets.  They did not always make sense, some are clearly light sources rather than shadow.

Test 2: (New Instance)  All points are within a 5m area of a 95% damage reduction shadow to test how fast it can change.

330 > 129 (201 damage) <- Unbuffed (0% DR) Different numbers but just going to assume 200 damage.
330 > 320 (10 Damage) (95%) <- Actually a source of light but game counted it as shadow
330 > 285 (45 damage) (77.5%) <- 1m away from that.
330 > 265 (65 damage) (67.5%) <- 1m off from the 95% reduction zone, in another direction
330 > 240 (90 damage) (55%) <- Random data sampling.
330 > 230 (100 damage) (50%) <- Random data sampling.
330 > 223 (107 damage) (46.5%) <- Notable that this is the only non-neat number.
330 > 190 (140 damage) (30%) <- Lowest reduction within 5m of a 95% reduction zone.

Edited by Ailyene
  • Like 1

Before I start, please believe me when I say I'm genuinely not being a nay-sayer for no reason, I'm genuinely confused and trying to take this on good faith.

There has never been any mention of this, and I say this after spending the hours before replying to you reading through patch notes.

54 minutes ago, Ailyene said:

Its not like its new information that it scales to lighting\darkness since its been on the wiki page on it for years now.

First off, I'm absolutely shocked, because where:

Spoiler

Main ability description:

Mirage adapts to the lighting conditions of her surroundings, gaining a maximum of 115% / 125% / 150% / 200% weapon damage while bathed in light, or reducing incoming damage by a maximum of 25% / 40% / 60% / 75% and reducing enemy accuracy while in the shadows. The effect lasts for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds.

• Maximum damage bonus and damage reduction are affected by Ability Strength, and the damage reduction cannot exceed 95% under any circumstances.
  • The damage buff grants a multiplicative bonus that's applied to a weapon's total damage (e.g., with a maxed Intensify and a weapon that inflicts 250 total damage, a rank-3 Eclipse will increase the weapon's total damage to a maximum of 250 × (1 + 2 × 1.3) = 900).
  • The damage reduction is not affected by Toxin b Toxin damage.
  • Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
  • Mirage is encased in a white reflective surface while in light. Her body partially fades away and emits smoke while in shadows.
  • Holograms from Hall of Mirrors do not gain Eclipse's damage bonus.
  • The damage bonus from Eclipse does not apply to any damage bonus from elemental augments like Shock Trooper; both will be applied separately.
  • Has a casting delay of 1 second.
    • Mirage can resist knockdown during the casting delay.
  • Can be recast while active to refresh the duration.
  • Companions are not affected by Eclipse.

And patch notes:

Spoiler

Update 23.5

• Fixed wonky FX when casting Mirage’s Eclipse on certain Armor Attachments.

Hotfix 23.3.2

• Fixed Mirage's Eclipse ability causing some Syandanas (eg. Repala, Vasa, etc.) to change colour to match her Warframe Energy.

Hotfix 23.0.2

• Fixed Mirage’s Hall of Mirrors clones not displaying any of your equipped weapons.

Update 23.0

• Fixed Mirage’s Hall of Mirror clones applying Melee Stealth bonus 100% of the time.

Update 22.20

• Fixed kills made by Mirage's Hall of Mirror clones not contributing towards Onslaught Efficiency.
  • Fixed rare cases of Mirage’s Hall of Mirrors creating a permanently firing Opticor.

Hotfix 22.18.5

• Fixed an issue with Mirage's Hall of Mirror clone kills not counting towards anything.

Hotfix 22.16.4

• Fixed a script error relating to Mirage.

Update 22.14

• Fixed Mirage not gaining Warframe Affinity when getting kills with her Hall of Mirrors clones

Hotfix 22.12.3

• Fixed Mirage Prime's materials looking muddy during Eclipse in the dark.
  • Fixed a script error when casting Mirage Prime’s Hall of Mirrors.

Update 22.12

• Mirage's Eclipse Duration has been buffed and now matches Hall of Mirrors at Max Rank (so you can better coordinate the upkeep).

Update 22.8

• Mirage's Hall of Mirrors casting animation has been changed to match the style of the Mirage Prime trailer!

Update 22.4 Mirage Sleight of Hand Changes: In addition to booby trapping nearby objects, Mirage’s Sleight of Hand now spawns a jewel that attracts near by enemies! If Sleight of Hand is used with Hall of Mirrors, each of her clones will also place a smaller jewel with a smaller enemy attraction. The jewel Damage, Blind Duration, and Range increases with the level of Sleight of Hand.

• If the jewel is placed in the light, it will deliver a radial explosion to nearby enemies.
  • If the jewel is placed in the dark, it will deliver a radial blind to nearby enemies.
  • Jewels will be auto-destroyed if they go unused after 20 seconds.
AladVPortrait d
“Ah, have you come to make a donation to my newest 'enterprise'...?”
Patch history is needed. Click here for instructions.

Update 16.3

• Sleight of Hand - Explosive Legerdemain: Pickups are turned into proximity mines that deal damage with proc chance.
  • Fixed visual issue with the Edo Prime Chest Piece when equipped to a Mirage using Eclipse.

Update 16.2

• Fixed Mirage’s clones from Hall of Mirrors sometimes shooting in the wrong direction.
  • Fixed Mirage’s Winter Skin disappearing when Eclipse is activated.

Update 15.16

• Fixed enemies aiming at Hall of Mirrors aiming behind themselves, instead of at Mirage’s image.

Update 15.13

• Fixed Mirage’s HUD Eclipse Buff showing as going above 255% damage.

Hotfix 15.11.1

• Mirage is now able to gain energy from Team Energy Restore items while her Prism Ability is toggled on.

Update 15.11

• Fixed visual effects on Mirage’s Hall of Mirrors clones when using the Panthera.

Hotfix 15.10.1

• Mirage’s Hall of Malevolence Augment has been buffed to give each of Mirage’s clones a damage increase of 5% per enemy killed, up to a total of 50% max clone damage. Previously this damage increase was based on unmodded weapon damage.
  • Mirage’s Hall of Malevolence buff will now show as a % damage increase in the UI.

Update 15.10

• Fixed Mirage’s Prism occasionally not be destroyed at the end of the cast.

Update 15.9

• Fixed Kohm creating particle effects on Mirage’s clones when particle settings are not set to High in system settings.

Hotfix 15.7.2

• Fixed Mirage’s Eclipse Augment effects not working correctly when applied to other Warframes.
  • Fixed Silva and Aegis losing texture when used by Mirage during Hall of Mirrors.
  • Fixed Mirage’s Prism never going away when cast outside of a Nullifier Crewman’s bubble, just before stepping into the bubble before the throw animation is complete.
  • Fixed issue occasionally caused by Mirage’s Hall of Mirrors.

Update 15.6

• Mirage: Eclipse: Total Eclipse: The effect applies to nearby allies within a 3/3/4/5 meter radius for 25%/50%/75%/100% effect.

Hotfix 15.5.9

• Fixed crash that would occur when Mirage used Hall of Mirrors with a Torrid equipped as a client.

Hotfix 15.5.7

• Fixed Mirage’s Eclipse removing her festive holiday skin.

Update 15.1

• Fixed Mirage’s Hall of Mirrors clones not animating if you are using a different frames Animation Stance.

Hotfix 15.0.6

• Fixed issues with Mirage’s Eclipse ability not correctly working with the Edo Chest armor.

Hotfix 15.0.5

• Tweaked the arrow position for Mirage's Agile stance.
  • Limited the number of augment damage stacks that can be applied to Mirage’s Hall of Mirror clones to 10.

Update 15.0

• Mirage: Hall of Mirrors: Hall of Malevolence: The damage of your doppelgängers is increased by %, every time you kill an enemy.
  • Fixed issues with the way the Foundry displays certain builds-in-progress, as seen with Mirage’s Harlequin helmet.
  • Fixed Mirage’s Hall of Mirror clones not throwing Glaives if you're the Client.
  • Fixed Mirage’s Hall of Mirror clones turning and throwing the Glaive in the wrong direction when you have it equipped as the host.
  • Fixed an issue where players may not receive the first Inbox message for the Mirage Quest.

Update 14.10

• Fixed an issue with the Harlequin Mirage Helmet Blueprint incorrectly appearing as the Arcane Scorpion *Ash Helmet Blueprint. Please note that we will be re-running a functioning Harlequin Helmet alert at a similar time as the broken one, but with a doubled duration.

Update 14.9

• Fixed Mirage’s Prism lasers not targeting Orokin Drones.
  • Fixed Mirage’s Prism saying it used 100 power to activate when it only uses 50.
  • Fixed cases of Mirage’s Prism lasting forever/not using any energy, and being able to launch a second Prism.
  • Fixed Mirage’s Prism prematurely detonating if it hits a defense target.
  • Fixed Corpus security cameras sometimes being blind to a Mirage with Eclipse active.
  • Fixed issues with the Mirage Codex/Quest diorama having the wrong or conflicting Warframe presented.

Update 14.8

• Added in missing idle animations for Loki, Mirage, and Nova (noble). When inactive for a few seconds, each of these frames will now have idles!

Hotfix 14.7.3

• Fixed issue with enemy AI freezing when trying to 'pull' a Mirage Hall of Mirror clone.

Update 14.7

• Further improved the aiming of Mirage's Prism projectile.
  • Improved the performance of Mirage's Prism and Nova's Wormhole ability.
  • Fixed Mirage's Prism not being properly castable by AI.

Update 14.6

• Improved the aiming direction of Mirage's Prism ability.

Hotfix 14.5.1

• Changed Mirage Alt Helm to be untradable.

Hotfix 14.5.0.2

• Fixed Mirage’s Eclipse lasting forever when cast.

Update 14.5

• Changed FX of Laser Doors when affected by Mirage’s abilities to better indicate you’re safe to run through.
  • Fixed Mirage’s Hall of Mirrors not being affected by some mods (Heavy Caliber).

Update 14.2

• Fixed an issue with Mirage’s Eclipse damage bonus not applying to all damage types (like Penta explosion).
  • Fixed a number of animation issues seen with Mirage's agile and noble idle animations.

Update 14.1

• Fixed issue with progression on the Mirage ‘Hidden Messages’ quest if you already crafted the Chassis or already own a completed Mirage.

Hotfix 14.0.9

• Fixed an issue with the Mirage’s Prism visuals persisting in the game world if the ability was casted repeatedly (spammed).

Hotfix 14.0.6

• Fixed an issue with the Illiac Chest piece clipping into Ember, Nyx, and Mirage frames.

Hotfix 14.0.5

• Included a max number of instances for explosions available with Mirage’s Sleight of Hand ability.
  • Improved the performance of Mirage’s Prism ability on lower end computers.
  • Performance Improvements for Mirage + Hall of Mirrors and Angstrum, Ogris, Penta, and Mutalist Quanta, and Stug.
  • Improved performance on Mirage’s Prism when Particle Quality is set to low.
  • Fixed Mirage Hall of Mirror ‘illusions’ doing friendly damage in dojo duels, and possibly other places as well.
  • Fixed cases of Mirage’s Hall of Mirrors Friendly Fire caused by temporary radiation induced faction change.

Hotfix 14.0.4

• Fixed Mirage quest mid-point not sending transmissions to continue finding the parts.

Hotfix 14.0.1

• Altered the range of the visual effect of Mirage's Sleight of Hand ability.
  • Reduced the amount of projectile visual effects seen when using specific weapons in conjunction with Mirage's Hall of Mirror clones.
  • Fixed a number of power in use and loss of functionality issues related to Mirage's Sleight of Hand ability.

Update 14.0

• Introduced via Hidden Messages quest.

I literally double-checked my points before I replied to you, this is nowhere on the wiki at all, and is nowhere else on Reddit or the Warframe official sites either.

And second:

56 minutes ago, Ailyene said:

Well, here's the numbers I recorded from poking a turret in PoE last year.

I'm going to have to double-check you on this, because written numbers are not screenshot numbers. Unfortunate, but true, and I'm not saying this because I'm being difficult. I have to be empirical here, and anecdotal notation is not evidence.

Thanks for making me go back to this, making me doubt is the best way to make me double-check the workings, but I do not have any reason to believe you so far.

I'll have to get back to you after the holidays, because this... is strange and if it's true I'll be sure to spread it around to newer players. Until then, all situations I've observed so far, including up to running Mirage Prime for three months after her release (and then dropping her because I love my Zephyr...) is that her abilities are polarised to either/or, not qualitative.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Before I start, please believe me when I say I'm genuinely not being a nay-sayer for no reason, I'm genuinely confused and trying to take this on good faith.

There has never been any mention of this, and I say this after spending the hours before replying to you reading through patch notes.

First off, I'm absolutely shocked, because where:

Hide contents

Main ability description:

Mirage adapts to the lighting conditions of her surroundings, gaining a maximum of 115% / 125% / 150% / 200% weapon damage while bathed in light, or reducing incoming damage by a maximum of 25% / 40% / 60% / 75% and reducing enemy accuracy while in the shadows. The effect lasts for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds.

• Maximum damage bonus and damage reduction are affected by Ability Strength, and the damage reduction cannot exceed 95% under any circumstances.
  • The damage buff grants a multiplicative bonus that's applied to a weapon's total damage (e.g., with a maxed Intensify and a weapon that inflicts 250 total damage, a rank-3 Eclipse will increase the weapon's total damage to a maximum of 250 × (1 + 2 × 1.3) = 900).
  • The damage reduction is not affected by Toxin b Toxin damage.
  • Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
  • Mirage is encased in a white reflective surface while in light. Her body partially fades away and emits smoke while in shadows.
  • Holograms from Hall of Mirrors do not gain Eclipse's damage bonus.
  • The damage bonus from Eclipse does not apply to any damage bonus from elemental augments like Shock Trooper; both will be applied separately.
  • Has a casting delay of 1 second.
    • Mirage can resist knockdown during the casting delay.
  • Can be recast while active to refresh the duration.
  • Companions are not affected by Eclipse.

I literally double-checked my points before I replied to you, this is nowhere on the wiki at all, and is nowhere else on Reddit or the Warframe official sites either.

And second:

I'm going to have to double-check you on this, because written numbers are not screenshot numbers. Unfortunate, but true, and I'm not saying this because I'm being difficult. I have to be empirical here, and anecdotal notation is not evidence.

Thanks for making me go back to this, making me doubt is the best way to make me double-check the workings, but I do not have any reason to believe you so far.

I'll have to get back to you after the holidays, because this... is strange and if it's true I'll be sure to spread it around to newer players. Until then, all situations I've observed so far, including up to running Mirage Prime for three months after her release (and then dropping her because I love my Zephyr...) is that her abilities are polarised to either/or, not qualitative.

Oh, looks like it was just removed by user "Fragile Codes" on October 30th this year.

The line "Damage bonus or resistance is determined by environmental lighting at Mirage's current position." was part of the article ever since it was created by "USouLz" on October 11, 2014 until then.

And yeah, its understandable to have doubts and no offense is taken.  I wholeheartedly support retesting Eclipse and think skepticism is healthy.

If you just have like 5 minutes though, that's just about all it takes to load up Warframe and see the numbers are nowhere near what they say they are and change depending on where you stand.

Edit:
Anyways, it looks like another wiki user just reverted the other user's change so its back in the Warframe Wiki page again.

If you want a post specifically from Reddit on the issue back from 2016:

Edit 2:

There are actually an enormous number of threads on this in the forums here its just that they get archived so they don't show up in normal searches anymore like these:

Also a bunch of people not knowing that it scales to lighting and reporting it as a bug:

Edited by Ailyene
  • Like 2

I've tested the Mirage Eclipse buff myself. It's been a problem ever since the lighting changes they did like back in The War Within.

At best I've gotten about 80% of the rated buff value in damage but never tested the mitigation. Don't feel it matters really since it's so random.

Let me know if this has changed but I tested when Chroma got nerfed as ammo to use against the reasoning additive damage is in-line with the norm.

...it's not obviously. Mirage, Rhino and Ivara use multiplicative damage buffs.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ailyene said:

If you want a post specifically from Reddit on the issue back from 2016

I'm absolutely stunned that I've missed all this... that's pretty crazy.

No, I've not had time to double check in game, but I'm a little speechless that this has just kind of... sunk beneath the surface here, to the point where somebody that actively browses through the forums on the daily can be completely unaware of it.

• Like 1