Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

False reports

P4sserby

Question

So I just got reported, or rather the guy claimed to have reported me, for using excalibur umbra's passive in the index. 

Does anyone know if people abusing the report system to spam report whoever they don't agree with, get punished for it?

While I do get that not everyone might enjoy said strategy in index, it is a feature the frame provides and honestly a similiar result can be achieved with octavia, whom I used exclusively prior to excal umbra.

The guy himself was using a mesa btw, who plays out eerily similiar to excal umbra strategy in the index. 

5 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, P4sserby said:

So I just got reported, or rather the guy claimed to have reported me, for using excalibur umbra's passive in the index. 

Does anyone know if people abusing the report system to spam report whoever they don't agree with, get punished for it?

While I do get that not everyone might enjoy said strategy in index, it is a feature the frame provides and honestly a similiar result can be achieved with octavia, whom I used exclusively prior to excal umbra.

The guy himself was using a mesa btw, who plays out eerily similiar to excal umbra strategy in the index. 

Honestly I don't even know where the in game report button is. Even if I did, I couldn't find a reason to ever use it anyway.  

Some people out there are just spiteful.  Way of the internet.

4 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

People who abuse the report system do get punished for it, whether it's in-game reports or forum reports.

Every time something is reported in-game, DE staff investigate the matter to determine if any action is necessary.

Thank you for the clarification.

The new mechanic implemented in game just gave players the power of griefing, this new mechanic just made this game more toxic.

Sometimes it takes time to load in fortuna or the plains, especially if the one hosting has a slower connection, so i recently got reported for being afk because i was currently still loading in game, i've sent a ticket to DE asking why i was reported and if they had proof of it, but no, all they said is that i've got warned to not do that again or i could risk account suspension.

Never happened to me to get reported in 4 years, ive been playing this game a LOT, and i've never seen the community changing so much in the past few months then i did in the past 4 years, all because of this new ''easy report'' mechanic.

All it did is create fear in the game, fear of being reported for stupid things, giving the power of griefing to all players, and speeding up the toxicity in the community, which once was one of the most chill and friendly community i've ever known.

DE made the first step in destroying the harmony that this game could brag about over many other games.

You can't report AFK/leeching via in-game report system it only has a few options such as harrassment, griefing harsh language. Btw how long did it take you to load in that people thought you were afk/leeching? Anyway to report an AFK player people have to send screenshot of results and ideally multiple screenshots of the person actually staying AFK throughout the mission/bounty.