Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Additions and QOL Updates

LeopoldObelix

While I am very satisfied with what we have currently received in terms of dojo and clan updates, I feel that it would be even nicer if a few things were in place:

Primarly, and most importantly, dojo assignment.

This is the largest part of my discussion, and I would like to keep this a center point of the discussion. Allowing only select members to build across all of the dojo is rather silly. Rather, I think it would be much better if we were given the option to assign/allow permissions to singular rooms. This would allow us clan leaders to essentially give rooms and creative freedom to individuals of the clan without worry of newer or unfamiliar members messing with our decorations. 

A constant fear, even from the friends I've had for many years, is that some people will come in and begin greifing sections of the dojo that I have spent literally hours on, sectioning segments and placing things with the new decoration system only to log in the next day to see everything skewed or deleted due to an angry or mischevous player. Rather, allowing us to assign a room to one or more individual players essentially keeps it as their extended room, and allows us to give creative freedom to players who otherwise would not be able to decorate or partake in decorating in a larger clan. I would greatly appreciate the ability to gift rooms to my new members and begin to have the Clan Dojo become a home, rather than a trading hub and nothing more.

Secondly, I believe the next step for clans would be adding a Foundry, Navigation, and Arsenal placeable items, so some players would be able to stay in the dojo at all times if they so desired. Some people spend an absolute great amount of time in the dojos decorating, only to rarely come into it unless you decide to trade that day, and new players could easily call a dojo their home if they had a room to place and customize using only resources and not Noggles, Glyphs, and more. This is not a problem for an old player like myself, but newer players have a barren Orbiter, and often feel more at home in the nicely decorated clan home instead.

Adding a Foundry for the individual would allow the Dojo to finally become a home, but more than that if things were placable it would create even more customizable possibilities, furthered with the idea that this "free-to-play" decoration hub can allow players to finally feel invested without having spent years or a great amount of plat to get a single decoration or two.

I love the effort needed to gather decorations, be it quest, event, or otherwise. However, I have played from the start, and I never invite new players to my Orbiter in fear of making them feel inferior or like they could never reach where I am. Instead, inviting them to the dojo and showing them what I have built, and what they could build, would be far more inviting.

This is fairly small scale, much easier to implement than a brand new clan-quest system and leaderboards, and much less time consuming. I would like to see this implemented sooner, rather than later, to give clans that extra edge that they so desperately need to bring in new players and create the next level of community.

Secondly, I believe the next step for clans would be adding a Foundry, Navigation, and Arsenal placeable items,

2 of them can be found back in the observatory room 

Navigation and Arsenal .. yes its there 

-- you could make an teleporter to that room --

still hoping that devs will make that room an main spawn point to enter

But i agree with you around the idea to improve dojo's

17 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

Secondly, I believe the next step for clans would be adding a Foundry, Navigation, and Arsenal placeable items,

2 of them can be found back in the observatory room 

Navigation and Arsenal .. yes its there 

-- you could make an teleporter to that room --

still hoping that devs will make that room an main spawn point to enter

But i agree with you around the idea to improve dojo's

You can simply select Navigation by pressing Escape and it takes you to the Observatory. I simply mean having that in your room, otherwise whenever you access them it takes you to the obeservatory and you then have to walk or teleport back to where you are. Thus a small quality of life improvement.