Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Miter Should Not Be Classed To Use Sniper Ammo

Pendragon1951

To class a weapon as a Sniper Rifle it must 1) Kill at a great distance 2)Have a telescopic sight 3)Based on your world very high damage. The Miter does not fill these three requirements and any weapon that uses sniper ammo and does not fill these requirements should not be using sniper ammo. Even a un-modded Snipertron does more damage at a distance than the Miter also un-modded. If you could please change the ammo type for this weapon that would be great thank you. 

Orgris is broken, and has been repeatedly asked to be changed. It suffers the same problem as the Miter would. It just deals too much damage per shot to be balanced. You can spam rockets all day without care, and never have ammo issues.

Just have it use 10-25 rifle ammo per shot.

If sniper ammunition was renamed to "special" ammunition, would anyone still be having this argument?

Each weapon should have it's own shot limit rather than using the baseline for the weapon category (Rifle, Shotgun, Sniper, Sidearm, etc.).  This method can hide any conversion formula used when picking up new ammo or firing shots, while players get to see how many actual shots they have remaining rather than having to subtract 12 or 20 or 24 per shot on the fly.

Also, I agree that the Ogris should use this ammo type.

Edited by Reithur

Personally, I would prefer if the Miter used shotgun ammo so it total shot capacity on full ammo was closer to a hind(has 121 burst with full ammo). The miter effective range is short to medium so it fits better with shotguns anyway(not that anything fits with blades and arrows).

Edited by LazyKnight

Personally, I would prefer if the Miter used shotgun ammo so it total shot capacity on full ammo was closer to a hind(has 121 burst with full ammo). The miter effective range is short to medium so it fits better with shotguns anyway(not that anything fits with blades and arrows).

Shotguns have a bigger ammo pool than snipers, but less than rifles. They could be used as an inbetween solution...

The Miter's blade should also have a bigger hitbox. Sometimes, my blades go through the legs of enemies and doesn't do S#&$.

Orgris is broken, and has been repeatedly asked to be changed. It suffers the same problem as the Miter would. It just deals too much damage per shot to be balanced. You can spam rockets all day without care, and never have ammo issues.

well. at least currently Torpid and Orgis ARE the only weapons that are capable of killing yourself.~

I'd be fine with it having a shotgun ammo pool, but it's technically not a shotgun. Perhaps have the sniper ammo pool extended to 80 instead of 72?

Oh, here's another thing: use Rifle Ammo Mutation on the Miter if you have it, you'll never run out.

i dont exactly think the ammo mutation suggestion works very well unless the person is planning to potato their miter

4-7 mod caps is steep just to refill a tiny bit of ammo if you are the kind of person who loves to spam blades