Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe launcher and main game cause slow internet speeds

Grittham

Hello, support team,

I have been experiencing extreme slowdowns in general internet download and upload speeds, on the machine running Warframe while running, since the second content update for Fortuna. The slowdowns are only on the machine running the game or launcher and not on the general local network. The game and launcher itself runs flawlessly and downloads patches very speedily but every other internet-seeking application is slowed to a crawl. I have never had this issue before on any machine running Warframe and it seems like a particularly strange issue.

Due to the specificity of the issue I haven't had much luck diagnosing it. Reinstalling the game has not fixed it.

My specs are: Windows 10 1803, Lenovo Y72015IKB. Internet is optical from wall plug to ISP, so extremely fast.

On 2018-12-25 at 12:00 PM, Grittham said:

The game and launcher itself runs flawlessly and downloads patches very speedily but every other internet-seeking application is slowed to a crawl.

care to be more specific on speeds?

I know Windows has an inbuilt packet management features that throttle other applications. This can be disabled or adjusted however i dont know how severe these performance drops are or the nature of the interference. It might also be heat or power management features of the laptop at certain temperatures.

Edited by CarrotSalad