Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Memory leak? Losing FPS until returned to Orbit.

sam686

After going through Fortuna, Orb Vallis, Fortuna, Orb Vallis, and so on, each with different Profit Taker missions, my FPS that was at 70 FPS, gone down to 45 FPS after about 12 missions.

After lots of missions without ship flying loading screen, this video shows a low 45 FPS. Go to orbit and load back into Fortuna, and it recovers to 72 FPS.

The more missions I do without ship flying loading screen, FPS drops some more.

AMD Ryzen 2400g, 32 GB RAM

AMD RX 550 4GB

Windows 10 64 bit, with 64 bit Warframe, using Steam software.

Happened again. Poor 48 FPS. And now this memory leak, and/or bad state breaks bounties.

Only after returning to Orbit and load Fortuna (buzy session), it goes back to 72 FPS and those bugs does not happen until after a while.

It's happening to me too. After half a dozen Profit Taker fights in a row, I've gone from 50fps to 15fps, and RAM use doubled. Exiting to orbiter and back fixes it. 4th gen i5 laptop, IGP, 8GB RAM, SSD, W8.1 x64, Steam, x64 Warframe, DX10/11, windowed borderless..

The same goes on my rig. going from 144 (locked at that framerate in option) to 70-60 FPS.

I7 4790k / X2 Asus strix 970GTX SLI / 16Gb ram / Win 10 X64 / game and windows both on 2 SSD Samsug evo 860 / steam platform.

Sometime 2 runs in orb vallis are enought to drop performances.

Yeah, I'm experiencing this as well. Don't remember having any issues with leaks prior to Fortuna part 2 update.

Warframe eats a lot (A LOT) of VRAM -  during the very first Orb run Warframe eats 3.5Gb and stops at ~4.2Gb after some more runs. 

Edited by ngrazer

Well I put on paper my FPS drops on each run while chaining them without leaving fortuna to orbiter.
Result seems to be pretty consistents.

144fps > 130 FPS > 110 FPS > 100 FPS > 85 FPS > 63 FPS > 50 FPS > cannot go farther as it turn totally messy with freezes and increadible stutter in framrate.

Thoses are averages results,  but it can be reproduced very closely as many time as "needed". Just run phase 4, go back in fortuna, run phase 4, returne in fortuna ... repeat.

Edited by N2h2