Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

90% of deaths in Warframe are instant, unexplained, and infuriating

Xriborg

The new boss fight is a prime example of this.

You are very rarely given any feedback or ability to figure out WTF happened to you. Most of the time, I have to end up, yet again, going to the wiki to study the enemies attacks and figure out what's happening. Paying attention to enemies to learn their attacks is extremely difficult due to everything else spamming garbage at you (goes double for the corpus). This isn't challenge. This is "bring a tanky broken frame that can be made virtually invincible".

There was a brief period of time where the devs were focusing on "toning down the cheese". But unfortunately, they got distracted and moved their efforts elsewhere, leaving the job barely started. We need this to make a balanced game. It would take a major effort, but if left unchecked I think it's just going to get worse and worse and worse until this isn't even a game anymore.

I want to be able to use skill to overcome challenges. As it stands now, builds > skill. A good build can be fun to create, but this is an action game. It doesn't need to be like the souls games where you can beat the entire thing naked and lvl 1, but skill should be a much larger factor than it is.

Edited by Xriah
Same ideas, better wording
  • Like 1

There was only one time in Fortuna where i got killed and i didn’t know what killed me but i know there’s a enemy who would OS me there quicker than the other enemies and that’s the Elite Overtaker (i wonder what build he’s using in his Convectrix because his damage is brutal). But most of my Instant Deaths is where i reached a level in a Survival where the enemy’s damage goes through the Roof and i make a Mistake (like the Mot, Ani Void, and Selkie runs) but rarely happens against Sortie Bosses. But infurating, that’s more about how the enemy kills you because you know, the cheapness is still there in this Game.

• Like 1

What frame do you normally use and how much toroid farming do you do?

Regular enemies are a joke, as always. This trains us to not pay attention to them and their attacks. But as you said, the scaling is insane. It's like a freakin' lightswitch. During a farm, my entire team went from destroying everything to dropping like flies, despite enemies being CCd. We couldn't tell what it was that was killing us. We just ended up leaving. It would have been nice to see what was doing it and try to handle it, but with hordes literally appearing from everywhere, what are you supposed to do?

It's bullet hell with tunnel vision, a sprite-sized hitbox, and 300% bullet speed.

It's not necessary, either. It just pigeonholes players toward the damage avoidance cheese like Op mode and Limbo. Sadly, the former seems to be the point half the time...

EDIT: Cancel the Limbo part. AoE attacks will instant-down through the Rift.

Edited by Tyreaus