Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the current best kitgun set up?

AugmentedJustice

Question

7 answers to this question

AS Duavey said, its subjective - different enemies/situations require different tools.

I specifically always aim to make the weapon able to kill Corrupted heavy gunners. If it can be crit, its a go-to weapon.

Against Corrupted heavy gunners lv 160, with the these mods(ignore the weapon) and landing only headshots i get the following best results for each chamber:

-Rattleguts:

Gibbere/Splat

Average kill time: 2.78 seconds

Average Shots: 49

Note: due to its low damage it doesn't exactly go well with Pax Seeker, as it has low damage per shot.

-Gaze:

Haymaker/Splat

Avarage kill time: 2.55

Avarage damage ticks: 49

Note: the ramp up mechanic and relatively low range for me at least makes it less worth it vs groups of enemies, also has the same problem as rattleguts.

-Tombfinger:

Haymaker/Splat

Average kill time: 2.59 seconds

Average Shots: 9
Note: It has an annoying guaranteed impact proc, lowering one's effective dps in a mission due to making headshots harder to land. The ramble/splat has good range, but the kill time jumps to 2.76 secs.

-Catchmoon:

Ramble/Splat

Average kill time: 2.59 seconds

Average Shots: 9

Note: Due to its large projectile its much harder to hit headshots - lowering its effective dps in a mission.

Bottom line: The damage numbers and results are roughly the same and their usage is by preference. Rattle might be weakest, but it has good accuracy and it can land perfect headshots on demand. The others have better performance, but have a lot of disadvantages.

Only kitgun that is currently relatively weak is the gaze,

And the "best" is subjective.

With that being said certain mechanics and stats work better for certain guns.

Tombfinger: semi auto pistol , relatively low fire rate , high per shot damage :

suggested build: Full crit / hybrid leaning on crit. Pax seeker works really well.

Catchmoon: Most fun to use , innate punchthrough is excellent for trash mob clearance , not too good for heavies due to lack of headshot multiplier.

Suggested build: Hybrid with more Crit , Pax seeker or Charge are both viable , the Seeker damage is slightly low due to lack of headshot multiplier.

Rattlegut : The most versatile gun in my opinion. Can be built either way (is you use the right parts) and it will not dissapoint.

Suggested build: Any , Crit / Hybrid / Status all work well , If crit go for full damage low fire rate , if hybrid go medium magazine and fire rate , if status go for highest fire rate. Pax seeker for high crit builds , charge for status builds.

Gaze: its ok for a beam weapon , but i wouldnt use it over my other guns anytime soon,

Suggested build: Crit hybrid. having anthing else would be not suggested due to how beam weapons work.

The Reload speed and magazine size is a personal preference.

Once again this is all relative.

the chart links given by @Duavey  will help you narrow down.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

It's actually both subjective and objective. It's handling depends on taste while parse depends what you're shooting.

...and don't use Heavy Gunners to parse. Use Alloy armor. Napalms or Manic Bombards.

Some of the weapons favor certain builds either due to their attack type or the guns we already have available. Catchmoon is not going to be a very good status weapon no matter what you do with it. Gaze can be the highest damage beam secondary weapon weapon but not great and we already have plenty of status beam weapons. Tombfinger depends heavily on what you're shooting. Splat will work fine up  to lvl 150 armor after that you might want Sparkfire or Bashrack. Rattlegutts is a similar situation though it has accuracy problems no matter how you build it and I find that puts it next to Gaze as the "meh" kitguns. A shortage of reasonable good auto pistols is the reason to use it. Your other choices are Akstiletto Prime and Twink Grakatas and that's about it so the ability to use Pax Charge is what helps keep it appealing.

agreed with 0_The_F00I for each chamber best setup

for better understanding you can see these chambers like this

Catchmoon: Arca plasmor

Tombfinger: Lex prime ,Lato Vandel

Rattleguts: akstiletto prime

Gaze: Synoid Gammacor(without syndicate proc)

right now I got Rattleguts riven with 215 damage 131.2 cc 81.9 electric with -38.2 reload speed

result in 148 crit chance,140k dps with great value of corrosive and 2.1 reload on max build with killstream and love tap which is acceptable reload speed (wish there are max reload with max crit value out there other than killstream to lower that reload speed but there are no loader like that exist)

wish I can build it right away but I still need to farm Standing to get killstream.

• Like 1

For me:

Catchmoon - projectile aoe weapon. Frustrating to use in tight spaces.  Damagewise higher than plasmor IF you can hit. Around 40m range. Not auto.

Tombfinger - projectile weapon. fast flightspeed, unlimited range, good damage, Not auto.

Rattlegatz - one handed machine gun. Way better than azima, stubba or whatnot. Accuracy problems, so close-midrange. 0-20m for headshots (with -recoil riven, else way less).  Auto. 

Gaze - beam weapon like synoid gammacor, if you go shortrange beam, higher damage, if you increase to synoid levels (40m), nearly same output (slightly more with riven). Pinpoint accurate.

Im using catch if open word, synoid(gaze) versus grineer (nox) or if I want to strip/kill single targets and rattlegatz if using a glaive or a something like this, so pretty seldom. Tombfinger is a bit strange, I need to test it more.

Edited by Fiewel