Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Ability Change

Lyro

If we're honest, anyone who plays Mesa typically doesn't use her first ability, "Ballistic Battery" at all. Having to activate, then deactivate to use it, then re-activate if you want to use it again is just a lot for no real gain. An extra 1600 damage max is nothing against high level enemies, it only works once, not a timed amount say for the next couple seconds only just one shot. And if you're using a shotgun, it only counts for one pellet, not all. It just isn't very good, and too much effort for no real gain. 

Now, what I would recommend is to make it take at least twice as long to store up the amount needed, maybe even three times as long. Then let it activate automatically once it's stored up, maybe even throw in having it be activated for 1 second to get extra shots rather than just the one pellet. This way once it's activated, similar to desecrate on Nekros you really don't have to worry about it, but you still get a benefit and it still feels useful. Right now it just doesn't feel worth it, which is sad since it's a whole ability that I just never use. Her four is amazing, two and three are good, her one just feels useless to even pay attention to. Now of course for balance changes would need to be made, but I would love to see it actually be useful and feel more fulfilled actually using the ability, so it would be nice to have it tweaked a bit. And I mean maybe I'm wrong, if so please someone comment on how it's useful and I'll take it back, but after forma'ing my Mesa, and using it quite a bit, and now Mesa Prime just came out, the first ability just feels so lack luster and not needed or useful at all, it just seems like a waste of time to even try and use it when anything, everything, else is just a better use of your time. 

Edit: This is someone else's video that explains what I'm talking about, it's at timestamp 3:12

Edited by Lyro

I like the idea of having more than one shot.

And I for one, NEVER use this ability at all.

Part of it is because it´s so weak, like you said. But mostly because of the cast animation.

Mesa´s skills root her in place and that annoys the S#&$ out of me.

Also, I don´t like the idea of her one activating automatically once it´s stored up. It´s best we choose when to use it.

Iv'e seen plenty of suggestions for her 1 and the one I am personally most comfortable with is an ability that has a duration.  You pop it on and do damage for x period of time.  then after such time has passed you get a buff to your weapons crit chance/status chance for x period of time based off of the damage you were doing with your gun for a set period of time.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Iv'e seen plenty of suggestions for her 1 and the one I am personally most comfortable with is an ability that has a duration.  You pop it on and do damage for x period of time.  then after such time has passed you get a buff to your weapons crit chance/status chance for x period of time based off of the damage you were doing with your gun for a set period of time.

I like the way it is. The only thing it needs is more damage, like, WAY more.

Exactly, how it stands now, no one uses it, it's far more effective to just use her 4. If you are taking damage the other two have some use, but the first one just does nothing. I'd love to see it get changed to at least be useful, like the extra damage on weapons would be nice, just anything more than how it is now. I could even see it be like a toggle, it uses energy to have it on but you do more damage with it, like armor piercing rounds. 

12 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Would kind of be pointless.  I could just pop my 4 to kill things far more quickly.  Making it a buff for weapons would at least encourage use of her weapons and not always flipping on her 4.

Well, like i said in a previous post, if DE got rid of the root casting animations and amped up the damage on her 1 like a LOT, I´d use it for sure.

The casting animtions is what bothers me.