I just love the Heist Update!

G-I-D

Hello fellow Tenno,

With the Introduction of the Plains of Eidolon, we've got Quill Onkko.
And to increase your Standing with him. You needed to defeat the "mighty Eidolons"! A fun boss fight, which let's you learn their patterns and adapt to them! Giving you a sense of accomplishment when you Ultra Instinct through their attacks as they attempt to stop you from murdering them and just makes you feel great! Plus you get a chance of getting some of the strongest/useful Arcanes in the game, which will make you only stronger than before!

With Fortuna: The Seconing, we've got Little D.
And to increase your Standing with her. You need collect Toroids by either defeating the "overpowered" Orbmother, by disabling her shields and making her vulnerable to your attacks over multiple phases building up to the Show-down... or just grab 3 of your friends (or just use recruit if you don't have any like i do), grab a booster and go either of the 3 places depending what Toroid you need and you got an abundance of Toroids in a matter of minutes do it for an hour for each of the 3 and your set for life. Which makes the Toroid you get from the Mother pointless.

Not to mention, the Show-down in itself is a CC-fest and there are just a stupid amount of fodder units spanking you from all sides while you try to do your job of applying different kinds of bugspray, depending on what brand the Mother prefers for the next 10 seconds. And after you finally beaten her, you get... nothing. Well you get something, but since require "Old Mate" to even take part in the Heist you don't really need bonds anymore, especially since Conservation is way more efficient. You don't get anything special aside from a 1% chance of getting the Bloodshed Sigil (thanks, i bought the Garuda Bundle since i thought the Sigil was a exclusive) and the Articular, no Arcanes, no Special Rewards, nothing worth it.

Plus the Fight is just obnoxious and annoying, can't understand why people think it's fun. But different people, different opinions, try explaining that to some people on the Internet.

But let's get to the actual Issue at hand. You heard right, my biggest problem with this update is not the Heist in itself, but the 3 Things you need from those rewards. At first it seemed innocent and harmless, but if you're as rng-plagued as i am. You start to get a little ticked off...

20181225082708_1.jpg

I just LOVE the fact that i have to replay the 2nd phase of the Heist over and over again so i can get another chance every 2 1/2 minutes, hopefully getting the Systems that i need, to progress my rank with Vox Solaris! But as you can see in the picture, that is just not happening.

Thanks [DE], it is rare that i get seriously angry, but This? This is not ok. I'm pissed off, all this update has done for me thus far was pissing me off and pushing me to play something else. I don't know who had the brilliant idea to let the Mother drop bonds, instead of those systems. Even tho the systems would've made more sense

Plus i don't know who had the brilliant idea to basically force you to play a mission over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!

I hope RNG finds you well, Tenno. ('cause all it's done for me at this point is giving me 5 across my a$$)

• Like 1

Dude, I agree.

Too much Knockdown during Profit taker fight....  And crappy Reward distribution.

I think

Mission 1 -  Gyromag 

Mission 2 should not have any Systems in "end of mission drop table".  Instead, each Director should have a chance to drop 2 Systems (separate from mods)

Mission 3 - Atmo

Mission 4 - Repeller

Or something like this.

The first thing that i found quite strange was to have to do first phases again. I don't understand why they did that, i don't mind any introduction to any event but why the hell doing it again and again. I'm pretty sure that most players would have prefered repeating the Profit taker mission only the same way we're hunting Eidolons.

They did something really wrong here, and i don't even talk about the rewards - Profit takers should have dropped all of this crafting parts, locking them behind boring missions and RNG is a bit awkward. Spawning enemies should drop toroids more easily too, THIS is the place where we should find these in the first place.

Edited by 000l000

Ill expressed my feelings about the Heists already, but yeah, this system doesnt make a lot of sense to me too.

Biggest problem is this imo:

• no real feeling of progression/climax (we either grind the first 3 phases for ressources or do the fight seperatly after the first time)

combined with:

• boring tasks that dont fit the theme of a heist that leads to a massive boss-fight (fishing in a Heist?)

What i would do is:

• make it 1 mission only that takes 20 to 30 minutes
  • you play the whole heist each time
  • rework the missions and tasks you do that they are actually fun to do and the whole thing feels like a big "Heist" Mission

If you wanna read my whole suggestion, check the last post in this topic in the spoiler and ofc feel free to add ideas or critize me 😛

Spoiler

Am 25.12.2018 um 13:53 schrieb DreisterDino:

What i would do is:

• make it 1 mission only that takes 20 to 30 minutes

I think that would be a bit overkill, to be honest.

Instead, how about chaining the Phases together into one? So you don't have to go back to fortuna each time between the phases. But you still can leave at any given time, so if you only wanted the redo the 2nd phase, after completion the 3rd would start, but you still could just leave and do it again.

So the entire Heist would appear a bit more fluid

vor 4 Stunden schrieb GameOrDerp:

I think that would be a bit overkill, to be honest.

Instead, how about chaining the Phases together into one? So you don't have to go back to fortuna each time between the phases. But you still can leave at any given time, so if you only wanted the redo the 2nd phase, after completion the 3rd would start, but you still could just leave and do it again.

So the entire Heist would appear a bit more fluid

Are you sure it would be too much?

I mean, people are trying to fit as many Eidolon runs into one night-cycle (50 minutes) as possible,

so there are many people that play even longer already anyway (and if the rewards are scaled up, it doesnt make a difference if you do 1 run in 25 minutes or 2).

In Arbitrations, it takes 10 minutes to even get to Rotation A for example in a Defense (pretty much the same for all other gamemodes).

So if you are going for Rotation C you are also playing 30 minutes.

ESO, the same, for Rotation C you have to play 20 minutes.

Ah, and Bounty Stage 4/5 takes 20+ minutes aswell depending on the missions that are in there.

So in my opinion, playing 20-30 minutes is totally fine. Afterall, this is supposed to be a Heist, not a quick Capture or exterminate.

Edit: Btw, since in my suggestion the mission would consist of 3 Stages (just like Bounties have multiple stages), if you really have to leave after the 1st or 2nd stage, you can do that and keep those rewards. Check the topic i linked in the spoiler, there i went into detail more.

Edited by DreisterDino