Playing Bounties

LordPantaloonsthe3rd

14 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

Queuing up for a bounty is for playing and completing bounties, not for farming wisps, gems/ore or fish.

that's where you are wrong, kiddo. you can get all the rewards of others completing bounties while getting your wisps, gems/ore and/or fish. people act on incentives. it's really that simple.

2 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

Noted, also neither will staying quiet about it.

Meta complaints on how others play the game is not productive and won't change anything. If you cannot carry a bounty without the help of others, you should be forming a premade squad. Is it annoying when people don't do a bounty? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No. Report leeches and move on.

23 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Meta complaints on how others play the game is not productive and won't change anything. If you cannot carry a bounty without the help of others, you should be forming a premade squad. Is it annoying when people don't do a bounty? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No. Report leeches and move on.

What an awesome S#&$ty bandaid solution, got a better one. Why not remove pubs entirely? That way you never have to deal with queuing up to a bounty and having your completely reasonable expectation that everyone that deliberately signed up to a bounty would actually do the bounty be crushed. It would also be so much easier to find people to make squads for bounties if everyone is forced to do it.

Complaints do get things fixed(looking at you repeller systems) but you know what actually isnt productive and wont change anything? Complaining about people complaining about problems.

DE could could remove the ability to use spears and miners during an active bounty unless the bounty requires it(thanks 4tuna), then after the stage that requires the spear/miner ends remove access to it. That wouldnt stop leeching in its entirety but it would lessen the benefit of doing it as leeches wouldnt get fish/ore etc on top of standing. Then DE could make it so players dont get standing if they arent within a certain range of the objectives, which would make it so leeches actually have to go along with the mission and hell if youre already there you might as well play. Of course they could still just stay within whatever mission range and still do nothing which could be fixed by having an actual in game report option for leeching rather than having players who want to report them have to go through the process of making a ticket to do so.

Even if a there is a whole forum post made by DE themselfs about bounty rules there will always be people who just dont care and would do things they want because they feel like it. I hate leechers and we cant report them and even if we do we dont know if that person has been punished. I recently been doing solo runs on bounties cause of these leechers and rarely go pub.

And even if there is a report option on leeching in bounties I dont see how DE would know if the person did indeed leech, only way for them to know that is if they have logs of every action the players do from steps to interactions and gunfire. if they have logs of what the player is exactaly doing then a leecher can be found. A report option for leeching can be abused by trollers (2 friends go in pub bounties and report the other members which says half the squad suggest the other half is leeching or even worse if 3 friends go pub and report that other person for leeching or somewhat else and that person did nothing wrong but the squad members suggest they did do something wrong).

As of now the only punishments I see are chat bans/kicks on region/trade/recruit. But that doesnt mean there are no others just cause Im not aware of the rest. I just think that bounty leeching is something that would be difficult to confirm from DE's side as sometimes even player reports can be invalid due to trolling.

Edited by AwkwardLazarow

8 minutes ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

Even if a there is a whole forum post made by DE themselfs about bounty rules there will always be people who just dont care and would do things they want because they feel like it. I hate leechers and we cant report them and even if we do we dont know if that person has been punished. I recently been doing solo runs on bounties cause of these leechers and rarely go pub.

And even if there is a report option on leeching in bounties I dont see how DE would know if the person did indeed leech, only way for them to know that is if they have logs of every action the players do from steps to interactions and gunfire. if they have logs of what the player is exactaly doing then a leecher can be found. A report option for leeching can be abused by trollers (2 friends go in pub bounties and report the other members which says half the squad suggest the other half is leeching or even worse if 3 friends go pub and report that other person for leeching or somewhat else and that person did nothing wrong but the squad members suggest they did do something wrong).

As of now the only punishments I see are chat bans/kicks on region/trade/recruit. But that doesnt mean there are no others just cause Im not aware of the rest. I just think that bounty leeching is something that would be difficult to confirm from DE's side as sometimes even player reports can be invalid due to trolling.

I think it would be pretty simple to have the post game stats linked to a report made about a particular player in a particular game, with that DE would obviously be able to see what reports are fake and which are real. I mean they have stats from what frames, weapons, focus schools are used and what items built in the foundry to what enemies are killed so its not really much of a stretch to have post game stats attached to a player report.

while OP is not entirely wrong, he has fallen into the same trap as so many others: he doesn't understand that PUG games are a roll of the dice, a gamble, a risk. when you go PUG, you're just asking for 3 other people, regardless of what you get. you should never expect PUGs to run smoothly, and always be prepared on the off chance you get a leecher. the only way to be leech-proof is to not go public.

hope you're all having a merry Christmas anyway!

9 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

while OP is not entirely wrong, he has fallen into the same trap as so many others: he doesn't understand that PUG games are a roll of the dice, a gamble, a risk. when you go PUG, you're just asking for 3 other people, regardless of what you get. you should never expect PUGs to run smoothly, and always be prepared on the off chance you get a leecher. the only way to be leech-proof is to not go public.

hope you're all having a merry Christmas anyway!

I know full well that public games means you'll get the whole gamut of player types. I like most people I assume, solo rad sorties and spy missions to avoid the bumpy rides those missions entail. However none of the people I'm avoiding when I solo spy and rad sorties are deliberately signing up to leech off of other players for their own benefit, thats the problem.

4 hours ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

DE could could remove the ability to use spears and miners during an active bounty unless the bounty requires it(thanks 4tuna), then after the stage that requires the spear/miner ends remove access to it. That wouldnt stop leeching in its entirety but it would lessen the benefit of doing it as leeches wouldnt get fish/ore etc on top of standing. Then DE could make it so players dont get standing if they arent within a certain range of the objectives, which would make it so leeches actually have to go along with the mission and hell if youre already there you might as well play. Of course they could still just stay within whatever mission range and still do nothing which could be fixed by having an actual in game report option for leeching rather than having players who want to report them have to go through the process of making a ticket to do so.

The solution you're proposing wouldn't fix the issue and would create even more issues.

Sure disabling tools during a bounty would stop people from gathering said resources during it but it won't stop them from leeching and doing nothing regardless and they would still get to spend the time where people are going back to the gates to gather.

It would also make things more difficult for groups who don't care what other people are doing (going into pubs expecting to solo the bounty) and groups who agree to other people gathering things.

Plus the restriction of forcing people to be within range of a bounty would ruin the system entirely for a lot of people. Anyone who wanted to get to a bounty via their K-Drive would be left behind if even one person used an Archwing and any players early enough to not have an Archwing would never have a chance. Hek even between players using an Archwing anyone not using an Itzal could still get left behind. Plus if someone wanted to still leech with this system they would still be able to sit at the height limit in their Archwing or just sit there invisible with an Itzal.

And having to go though a "process" to make a ticket is a far better system then having it in-game. If you're encountering something you want to report but can't be bothered to go to the support page then is it even worth reporting in the first place.

3 hours ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

I think it would be pretty simple to have the post game stats linked to a report made about a particular player in a particular game, with that DE would obviously be able to see what reports are fake and which are real. I mean they have stats from what frames, weapons, focus schools are used and what items built in the foundry to what enemies are killed so its not really much of a stretch to have post game stats attached to a player report.

The only in-game stats are good at displaying is who "carried" the hardest. You could easily go into a bounty as a frame like Trinity and never get a single kill if your squad has other frames like Mesa or just using weapons like the Ignis. As well as any players who went in to rank equipment or newer players who are too slow or too weak to keep up with others. Also it can't differentiate between a player killing enemies in a bounty and players who cleared a camp or two to get to a fishing/mining spot.

It would require a system that tracked exactly where and when a player killed what enemies and what objectives where active at what times which would be a pointless amount of overkill for a issue as minor as leeching.