Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do we need some kinda arcanes for Prime Weapons? anti-sentient passive via arcane?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Do Prime weapons need some sort of Arcane to compete with Kit guns and Zaws?  "What Im actually suggesting is adding anti-Sentient passives to Prime weapons...just via the mechanism of Arcanes. "

Curious to read what you guys think..

Thank you

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
To be clearer of my intention a edit was necessary

43 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

I've never really gotten into Zaws or Kit guns. And I hear alot that Zaws and Kit guns are vary powerful, especially with Arcanes. Is there truth behind this? 

Do Prime weapons need some sort of Arcane to compete with Kit guns and Zaws? 

Thank you

they are already strong without arcanes. and I don't think prime arcanes are a good idea (it kind of take away the uniqueness of weapon arcanes)

57 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

I've never really gotten into Zaws or Kit guns.

Thats a huge mistake... I would even say that kitguns and especially zaws are the best secondary/melee weapons in the game even without arcanes.

Edited by DerGreif2

1 hour ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

I've never really gotten into Zaws or Kit guns. And I hear alot that Zaws and Kit guns are vary powerful, especially with Arcanes. Is there truth behind this? 

Thank you

Well....you’re kinda making a weird statement there.

“I hear that Zaws and Kitguns have a cool unique system which makes them good, but I haven’t really bothered to pick them up and try them out, so maybe their unique cool system can be put on the weapons I like?”

Kinda defeats the point a bit. 

Also, more recent Primes have started coming with interesting systemic twists and passives anyway, such as the Pyrana Prime and Ballistica Prime.

1 hour ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

've never really gotten into Zaws or Kit guns.

you should. if you can deal with the lack of fashionability, they are extremely strong once gilded, even without their arcanes, those are just the Icing on the cake. only speaking from Zaw experience, but I'm in the process of building my first Kitgun, a Catchmoon. having arcanes just for prime weapons is just adding more powercreep, and would further render the vanilla versions obsolete. I'd rather see an actual buff, or for DE to retroactively add new abilities to old prime weapons like Latron and Boar Prime. 

you have been using the AkVasto Prime right? they aren't top tier but even they are good enough to not need an arcane, there's only a few Primed weapons that are a bit underpowered (mainly Fang Prime and Reaper Prime).

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I hear that Zaws and Kitguns have a cool unique system which makes them good, but I haven’t really bothered to pick them up and try them out, so maybe their unique cool system can be put on the weapons I like?”

So I see, you think that putting a unique arcane system for Prime's would some how marginalize the unique arcane system for modular weapons? Would it though? 

I have built the nikana zaw, and epidemic arcane and I  cant help but want something similar for Nikana Prime.

For example: instead of double jump slam attack activation the Orokin/Prime arcane would  be a bullet jumping activation that can also damage sentients or wipe the status effects they have adapted too. Some kinda side grade to the arcanes we have for Operators, amps, kits and Zaws? No? 

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you have been using the AkVasto Prime right? they aren't top tier but even they are good enough to not need an arcane

Granted. But then I see these cool arcanes with these really neat special effects and can't help but to want one for my favorite Prime weapon(s). Do you feel the same way? A side grade? 

Example: and Orokin/Prime arcane for Redeemer Prime would on slam attack and if the sentient was in range of said slam attack, wipe the status effects a sentient as adapted too? Or for AKavasto Prime 12 consecutive landed shots would wipe the status the sentient has adapted too with neat special effects? I know that Operators can do the same with less effort.. but still want some kinda side grade arcane for my favorite Prime's. I don't think that would make Kit/Zaws any less unique if done right? 

7 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Thank you

They are called Rivens...?  The honest answer is that they need a balance revisit...which won’t happen until powercreep has stopped influencing demand...which is...

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

On 2018-12-25 at 7:59 PM, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

So I see, you think that putting a unique arcane system for Prime's would some how marginalize the unique arcane system for modular weapons? Would it though? 

I have built the nikana zaw, and epidemic arcane and I  cant help but want something similar for Nikana Prime.

For example: instead of double jump slam attack activation the Orokin/Prime arcane would  be a bullet jumping activation that can also damage sentients or wipe the status effects they have adapted too. Some kinda side grade to the arcanes we have for Operators, amps, kits and Zaws? No? 

Granted. But then I see these cool arcanes with these really neat special effects and can't help but to want one for my favorite Prime weapon(s). Do you feel the same way? A side grade? 

Example: and Orokin/Prime arcane for Redeemer Prime would on slam attack and if the sentient was in range of said slam attack, wipe the status effects a sentient as adapted too? Or for AKavasto Prime 12 consecutive landed shots would wipe the status the sentient has adapted too with neat special effects? I know that Operators can do the same with less effort.. but still want some kinda side grade arcane for my favorite Prime's. I don't think that would make Kit/Zaws any less unique if done right? 

See, that’s actually a different proposition than what you were originally presenting. You originally said ‘Hey, I don’t use Zaws, so I think it’d be cool to put Exodias on Prime weapons too,’ but what you’re actually suggesting is adding anti-Sentient passives to Prime weapons...just via the mechanism of Arcanes. 

No?

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

but what you’re actually suggesting is adding anti-Sentient passives to Prime weapons...just via the mechanism of Arcanes. 

My apologies. I can see how what I said can be confusing. What I was proposing made sense in my head. Just hard for me to express my thoughts into words sometimes so others can understand them. This is the idea. Thoughts? 

No.

1. Not everyone can get Prime Weapons.

This is due to the Vault System. So for a new player or rising in progression player, things will become absurdly expensive.

IE: A Tigris Prime (Vaulted atm) would cost an absurd amount of plat due to it being vaulted. And it being able to use arcanes would make it "required" for late game.

2. Player enforced Requirements

Essentially this would create a system where you use a Prime Weapon or you are not wanted. Just look at the Metas that have formed & are brutally enforced around Eidolons, Orbs, & Endurance runs.

3. Zaws/Kitguns

The Arcane aspect of the modular weapon system is part of what makes them standout.

4. Anti-Sentient

We already have an anti-sentient weapon. It's much more effective than needing to slam the ground, land shots, land a crit, & etc.

If more people stepped up to the plate & leveled this weapon they wouldn't hate it so much.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

On 2018-12-25 at 11:46 AM, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Do Prime weapons need some sort of Arcane to compete with Kit guns and Zaws?  "What Im actually suggesting is adding anti-Sentient passives to Prime weapons...just via the mechanism of Arcanes. "

Thank you

This would be actually a massively great idea, there's already no reason to touch the originals when you have the primes, and this would make there be more incentive to get them as well. Maybe make it so that when you do a derelect vault you can do an additional objective to "purify" the mod and transform it into an arcane? Would be a great idea to make the derelect more important than an occasional ayatan run for sure!