Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement

tigerstorm74

1st of all , Merry Christmas !!

Now, this topic might have been touched before, or maybe I'm the first to explain what is happening, but I'll try explain in a funny way.

I think you guys should seriously pump the brakes on mobs that can blind / push / slow / pull .. It's very nice to give them ways to defend themselves, and they aren't a issue to people who can all one-shot them but.. Some people like to explore, go slower, don't have quite high weaponry yet, or try solo or even just duo some stuff.

I'm just about to start keeping tabs on how many survivals I failed or times I simply aborted a mission in rage quit because I was stuck in a corner / tunnel with 2 chargers pushing, a ancient healer pulling, a disruptor pushing, a Moa blinding or aoe pushing or a smog from those flying things.. I'm not saying to tone it down a tad, I'm fine with a challenge, but please, maybe not add more, lol ?

Even in Orb Vallis, it can become a issue very fast with the Embolists / Trenchers / Shockwave Moa's ( as said by others )

The main reason of this post is just to say this game is well known for being "Space Ninjas" and insane mobility. But, the more you add mobs that take away the control from the player, the slower and more "sluggish" the game gets, which kinda contradicts it...

Hope I didn't sound harsh 🙂

6 minutes ago, tigerstorm74 said:

I'm not saying to tone it down a tad, I'm fine with a challenge, but please, maybe not add more, lol ?🙂

Just sounds to me like you aren't up for a challenge.
Maybe you should avoid these missions, if they are too difficult for you. Maybe rank your gear up, and when you are stronger, try again.

If this many players are fine with the difficulty, then maybe it's not the game. Maybe it's you.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

sounds like a new player problem exclusively.

It could be. Or fact I'm just hard headed and try solo most I can. But "new", not that much. I'm gonna log my 100th day tonight and have over 1k hours played in that 3 month time. Of course, some play since 2013, maybe when it's gonna be 5-6 years I'll play, I won't even notice.

Actually, you are right, I think I see it as a issue that could be off putting for newcomers. Just thought I'd express how I felt about it and maybe find a soulmate  or someone who thought similar, lol

I don't believe you need "5-6" years to overcome this issue, but the mindset you put into the game.

I'm a 40-day login player and I played solo a lot as well. Had my set of issues in the beginning, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one, but I spend some time on wiki to understand game mechanics and once I learned how to customize frames, weapons with my available mods things got much easier. I then could focus on gameplay, learn which enemies to kill first, what kind of damage they are dealing, their animations etc. in order to dodge, counter them and so on. It's also important to know your own damage output which allows you to stay "still" for certain amount of time before you get surrounded and you have to move again. 

Hope this helps. Merry Xmas

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Day 100 is still fairly new. When I reached that milestone I had barely scratched the surface of all the content.

Days logged in means nothing, you could be a person who plays nonstop for 1k hours and you can hit day 100 but be very very far in the game.

I think the title you're looking for OP is "tone-down on enemies crowd controlling frames" or something along those lines.

Tbh I do think that this is an issue, not a huge one but big enough that people specifically list defensive abilities that prevent these CC's as good defensive abilities (rhino ironskin, inaros scarab swarm augment, nidus parasitic link etc)

I think some ways to fix this would be to make the base recovery speed of knockdowns faster since atm it is very slow, and pulls from ancients and those grineer with the grapple shouldn't trigger a full stun knockdown, but a new knockdown where you are still able to use your weapons. This would let you shoot them as they pull you as a way to counter it if they do hit you.

Atm there is no way to counter the grapples other than CC immune abilities or just bullet jumping constantly so the enemy can't hit you, but other CC that enemies throw at you can be countered or avoided. MOA shockwaves can be jumped, grineer fire waves can be rolled into to bypass the knockdown etc etc.

Edited by birdobash

27 minutes ago, birdobash said:

Days logged in means nothing, you could be a person who plays nonstop for 1k hours and you can hit day 100 but be very very far in the game.

Progress through quests and starchart doesn’t not directly correlate with power increase of the player or expansion of the knowledge. I have alliance members who’ve reached Mithra and yet still don’t know what tf they’re doing. One of them didn’t even know that the simulacrum existed.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Progress through quests and starchart doesn’t not directly correlate with power increase of the player or expansion of the knowledge. I have alliance members who’ve reached Mithra and yet still don’t know what tf they’re doing. One of them didn’t even know that the simulacrum existed.

I agree

I read all your comments and some are very good and useful ( well..most actually..)

As my "completion" of game in that 1k hours, I'm only missing 2 nodes to unlock arbitrations, I've yet to down a Eidolon by myself and stuck at Phase 2 of Profit-taker quest. Also getting very close to MR17 barely ever running Sanctuary.

As I say tho, it was all done 95% of the time solo, so I do give myself a tap on the back for that.

I did read wiki, I do trades on warframemarket, I try not miss Baro, scan targets for Cephalon, etc.. My "issue" is probably like birdobash and others said, the knockdown and knockdown recovery and not rolling enough. I'll work on that this week and will use mods to help, till I get more used to those little twerps. I been playing online games since 1997-1998 ( and I was already a adult at that time ). The "enemies doing all they can to prevent you from moving freely " just felt overall "worse" than any other games I played 🙂

Thank you for all the help and sorry for the small ( or not so small ) rant.