Limbo goes afk at the expense of "Co-op"

dyewithasmile

Limbo's 4th ability is a sever detriment to this game, from still removing my ability to activate elevators, to the Main issue being its played 90+% of the time by AFK farmers that interfere with my game... everyday i play kuva (the only game mode that keeps me coming back at this point) and inevitably there is a limbo saying go do mission while standing stock still inside his bubble not playing my favorite part of the game encouraging me not to play either!!! This Needs to be addressed. i cant even say how many posts ive made like this that get removed i will just add this to the list eh? #best devs

• Like 2

Its not just you that get irritated with it, i too. I get suspicious every time i join a mission with a Limbo in the squad and keep a close eye if they are actually playing the game or not. They are a bad team experience when used by incompetent players.

One of the things that gets me very angry is doing m-defense missions where the Limbo activates his Cataclysm and Stasis then just idles on top of the objective until its done. When argued with they give the most stupidest of answers "You dont have to kill anything, you just have to defend the objective" and i have had many missions fail, specially in Sorties due to this kind of Limbo player.

I have two friends who today were doing Fissure missions and they had this issue with a Limbo player that would remain in the rift and idle at some corner wile my friends would go on killing everything, the limbo would return every few seconds just to grab the reactants and move closer to my friend, he made zero % damage and zero kills in the mission.

• Like 2

Limbo doesn't, players do. Don't blame the tool, blame the players abusing it. Hopefully, with the advent of OV and DE seeming to go into high-priority enemies that can deal with hard CC like stasis, such a brain-dead playstyle will go the way of the Dodo.

I, personally, as a Limbo main, do my very best to sabotage any attempt to do this. Sitting in the rift? My friend, it's my alternate-reality apartment too and you're not paying rent, so you're outta here. Sitting in a bubble thinking I'm going to keep up stasis? I don't need to, certainly not for long enough to deposit some enemies into your side of the space-time continuum and have you come back to a corpse.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Its not just you that get irritated with it, i too. I get suspicious every time i join a mission with a Limbo in the squad and keep a close eye if they are actually playing the game or not. They are a bad team experience when used by incompetent players.

One of the things that gets me very angry is doing m-defense missions where the Limbo activates his Cataclysm and Stasis then just idles on top of the objective until its done. When argued with they give the most stupidest of answers "You dont have to kill anything, you just have to defend the objective" and i have had many missions fail, specially in Sorties due to this kind of Limbo player.

I have two friends who today were doing Fissure missions and they had this issue with a Limbo player that would remain in the rift and idle at some corner wile my friends would go on killing everything, the limbo would return every few seconds just to grab the reactants and move closer to my friend, he made zero % damage and zero kills in the mission.

While i agree you should be active in Fissure missions..you do not have to kill anything in classic or Sortie Mobile def. That is the fact.

I personally use Limbo for mobile missions Sorties but my Cataclysm is just big enough to cover the objective and nothing else. I do this to not interfere with other players intention to do killing. While i kill enemies stuck in my tiny rift and rez other players. I never failed single mission like this. 

Honesty.. I don't see this as much as a big deal. 

I've only see this a few times and it's always for defense points and kuva survivals. And normally there's a AOE dps frame involved. So it's like. What will the do? I could see some more effort put I guess. But "trying" to kill some thing with a nuke frame is kinda.. difficult at times unless your running some the AOE weapons.

Personally I don't care. But if we don't have a nuke frame I'd kinda want to see some effort on killing some thing..

But then again there's a chat bar.. just gotta ask or tell them lol. Or just stop doing what your doing and go sit with them annoy them lol usually gets them going haha.

Meanwhile, with a build for the 3 augment, I'm map-nuking Hydron with  Limbo. Seriously, it's actually kinda disgusting. Once Cataclysm gets outscaled, I start using Phantasma with 500% bonus damage to continue to get kills.

And yes, I've been stuck trying to figure out what corner an enemy I hit with Rift Torrent is in, this is why I mapnuke with Cataclysm. Gets 'em out of the Rift. Eventually...

14 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I , personally, as a Limbo main,

As a Limbo main you should understand first hand how ridiculous it is to have a Warframe who completely nullifies the effectiveness of an entire faction. 

This isn't like other Warframes who kill fast or have high damage reduction, because they still remain under the threat of taking damage. Limbo makes the Grineer completely obselete.

Isn't making an entire faction obselete the reason why we had Mag nerfed DE with polarize long ago? Please don't be hypocritical and address Limbo as well. These "stand here and do nothing" mobile defense missions take the cake for most braindead, unfun, and lazy interactions there are in the game to date.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

As a Limbo main you should understand first hand how ridiculous it is to have a Warframe who completely nullifies the effectiveness of an entire faction. 

This isn't like other Warframes who kill fast or have high damage reduction, because they still remain under the threat of taking damage. Limbo makes the Grineer completely obselete.

Isn't making an entire faction obselete the reason why we had Mag nerfed DE with polarize long ago? Please don't be hypocritical and address Limbo as well. These "stand here and do nothing" mobile defense missions take the cake for most braindead, unfun, and lazy interactions there are in the game to date.

14 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Hopefully, with the advent of OV and DE seeming to go into high-priority enemies that can deal with hard CC like stasis, such a brain-dead playstyle will go the way of the Dodo.

Literally the next sentence from the part you quoted.

28 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Literally the next sentence from the part you quoted.

Ok, perhaps I let my disdain of Limbo get the best of me in my comment but I agree with your sentiment that rift chilling is disgusting. However, I take it a step further insisting that rift mechanics themselves need an overhaul. Not just to combat afk and the likes but to address cheese and the outright stupidity of time stop.

Let it be limited to power str and limited to energy drain per second. Give it a capacity limit. Do something DE.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

If a Limbo isn't killing people after he Cata + Stasis to regain some energy so he will have enough to drop another Cata + Stasis, I really don't know what to say, other than a player obviously watching too many youtube videos and following blindly.

A Limbo that runs out of energy and needs to wait for it to regen passively already shows their lack of knowledge on how to use Limbo, to say the least.

It is not a problem with Limbos, the problem is Metaslaves who think they can cheese when not playing is actually not as useful as shooting. DE allowed players to shoot when Stasis is up now so I don't know what is the problem of those stupid AFK Limbos other than the players behind them Ofc if there is a Saryn or Mesa there's nothing left to shoot..

15 hours ago, dyewithasmile said:

Limbo's 4th ability is a sever detriment to this game, from still removing my ability to activate elevators, to the Main issue being its played 90+% of the time by AFK farmers that interfere with my game... everyday i play kuva (the only game mode that keeps me coming back at this point) and inevitably there is a limbo saying go do mission while standing stock still inside his bubble not playing my favorite part of the game encouraging me not to play either!!! This Needs to be addressed. i cant even say how many posts ive made like this that get removed i will just add this to the list eh? #best devs

The point of Mobile Defense is of course to protect the objective, so Limbo is helping you complete the mission. The annoying part is probably when Cata drops and all the unkilled enemies start moving again.

Other than that, you are just whining about Player X not playing the game the way you want. That is not an excuse to change Limbo. If you are playing pubs, not everyone will have the same mindset as you. Some people just find say, Sortie, a chore and want to get it done ASAP. 

Also, you can use the operator to activate elevators and hack so I don't know what pot you are smoking.

15 hours ago, Mover-NeRo said:

You do not have to kill anything in classic or Sortie Mobile def. That is the fact.

Problem is, you are in a game about killing hoards of enemies and collecting loot. If you want to play with that thought in mind, its best you play solo instead of joining an open group and expecting everyone to just idle like your self. I have had Limbo players complaining that i was killing the mobs instead of just letting them pile up at the edge of the rift instead of just idling with them.

Just now, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Ok, perhaps I let my disdain of Limbo get the best of me in my comment but I agree with your sentiment that rift chilling is disgusting. However, I take it a step further insisting that rift mechanics themselves need an overhaul. Not just to combat afk and the likes but to address cheese and the outright stupidity of time stop.

Let it be limited to power str and limited to energy drain per second. Give it a capacity limit. Do something DE.

Indeed. I don't think anything can really be practically done about AFK (Let's face it, people will AFK no matter what tools you give them. If it's not the rift, they'll be AFK'ing with Inaros or Rhino.) outside of fighting fire with fire like I do, but stasis has been gnawing on my mind for a while. I don't want to remove it because, frankly, it's one of the most unique tools in the game when combined with the rift and a big part of Limbo's charm but it does have the option to be one of the least interesting abilities in the game. That said, honestly, I think that just the route that DE went down with Fortuna (having a few choice units be able to ignore it) might be the best solution.

Catastasis spam is practically the definition of a first order optimal strategy so even some relatively light nudging like that would be a pretty effective countermeasure as it'd make it stop working and force players to plumb Limbo's depth, in turn encouraging them to follow up on the options he has for more interesting play. Kind of like Banshee and Soundquake. To demonstrate, here's a thread where somebody vehemently complained that Limbo couldn't do endgame content because Limbo supposedly needed Catastasis. More than a few people, including yours truly, pointed out otherwise. 

15 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Since I solo MD with him expressly to drink my morning coffee, I just have to wonder how a it can fail. The answer is not stupid, having a mission fail is.

Stil, I wonder how it can fail anyway. The rest of the squad can simply kill enemies. Abilities are uneffected by rift, other than that just get in or out of it to damage enemies in or out of the rift.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Since I solo MD with him expressly to drink my morning coffee, I just have to wonder how a it can fail. The answer is not stupid, having a mission fail is.

Stil, I wonder how it can fail anyway. The rest of the squad can simply kill enemies. Abilities are uneffected by rift, other than that just get in or out of it to damage enemies in or out of the rift.

Sorties missions, limbo afking after casting Cataclysm and Stasis, less experienced teammates downed and me alone trying to fend off a horde of mobs with damage/resistance enhancements that the limbo insisted on letting pile up at the edge of the rift. This would happen very often before [DE] reworked Stasis to no longer affect teammate`s weapons.

Just now, (PS4)teacup775 said:

With rolling guard, nah.

Ah yes.

Something you need to consciously activate with at least somewhat good timing and doesn't actually stop or kill any enemies that are immune to stasis is absolutely the saviour of going AFK.

What does this even mean? How does rolling guard make it so you can just AFK through Hyenas and Raknoids?

Just now, BiancaRoughfin said:

Sorties missions, limbo afking after casting Cataclysm and Stasis, less experienced teammates downed and me alone trying to fend off a horde of mobs with damage/resistance enhancements that the limbo insisted on letting pile up at the edge of the rift. This would happen very often before [DE] reworked Stasis to no longer affect teammate`s weapons.

Yeh, I can see that, but stasis has been upgraded. Frankly, I never let enemies pile up while sitting in cataclysm. It tends to glitch and I get killed, so I camp in rift outside it, which does not have that problem, and casually pick off enemies. Nullifiers are a moment of work. They get hit with tenno attacks to pop their bubble.

His bubble is still best at smaller sizes with insane duration.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Ah yes.

Something you need to consciously activate with at least somewhat good timing and doesn't actually stop or kill any enemies that are immune to stasis is absolutely the saviour of going AFK.

What does this even mean? How does rolling guard make it so you can just AFK through Hyenas and Raknoids?

No it means Limbo can pop out and deal with a nullifiers. I don’t care about afk limbo, i do care about a squishy frame like him having a counter to mass nullifiers.

Just now, (PS4)teacup775 said:

No it means Limbo can pop out and deal with a nullifiers. I don’t care about afk limbo, i do care about a squishy frame like him having a counter to mass nullifiers.

Well...

The whole point of this thread is discussing AFK Limbo, not active gameplay Limbo. You seem to be missing that.

This is so gross. You all are the reason I dont play limbo. Such a good frame, wasted because no body wants to work with him. It is possible that you dont understand how limbo nor do you want to. You rather stand their and cry about it. Prehaps if you asked your limbo player instead of judging and thinking negatively maybe they would be more flexable. I shouldn't have to feel bad for playing a frame I love that makes teh game easier for everyone. The problem isnt limbo or limbo players. The problem is you being quick to judge instead of communicating to each other. 

1 minute ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

This is so gross. You all are the reason I dont play limbo. Such a good frame, wasted because no body wants to work with him. It is possible that you dont understand how limbo nor do you want to. You rather stand their and cry about it. Prehaps if you asked your limbo player instead of judging and thinking negatively maybe they would be more flexable. I shouldn't have to feel bad for playing a frame I love that makes teh game easier for everyone. The problem isnt limbo or limbo players. The problem is you being quick to judge instead of communicating to each other. 

Let's face it, AFK players are... AFK. They're not going to respond.

Poor or new players I'm more than willing to offer advice to, but I personally have a zero-tolerance policy on AFK, unless communicated to the team as an extenuating circumstance (for example, a phone call)

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Problem is, you are in a game about killing hoards of enemies and collecting loot. If you want to play with that thought in mind, its best you play solo instead of joining an open group and expecting everyone to just idle like your self. I have had Limbo players complaining that i was killing the mobs instead of just letting them pile up at the edge of the rift instead of just idling with them.

Not everything in this game is about killing hoards. Spy missions, Rescue missions, even Interception... Fishing, Conservation, Mining.

Then again, mine rift is too small to be in way of anyone killing spree or stack enemies on edges. All it does is protect the objective and provide small safe spot when you need to. The fact i do not actively seek enemies outside of the objective is not your problem.

EDIT: Just to make this clear..i am not AFK when defending objective. But i am not seeking enemies outside of def point.

Edited by Mover-NeRo

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Well...

The whole point of this thread is discussing AFK Limbo, not active gameplay Limbo. You seem to be missing that.

Yeh if neglect my other comments. There is no mobile defense in Vallis, so your comment could be labeled as off topic too.

Vallis isn’t going to effect kuva survival, MD or sortie defense.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Yeh if neglect my other comments. There is no mobile defense in Vallis, so your comment could be labeled as off topic too.

Vallis isn’t going to effect kuva survival, MD or sortie defense.

All of your posts deal with how you play Limbo, which as far as I can tell is an active playstyle. So, yes, none of them are relevant to this thread, which is specifically about Limbo as a tool for AFK, non-active gameplay. 

And yes. I know that Vallis enemies don't affect tileset gameplay. Hence why my first point was in future tense. As in, indicating hope that DE will rework enemy structure to this higher standard. Also indicated by my other comment on the subject where I suggested such a change as a 'route' to fix the problem.