Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff passive focus generation

birdobash

The amount of focus you obtain from running normal missions is atrociously low, you don't even get a quarter of your daily cap for focus if you don't do any of the well known focus farms.

Why should we need to cheese the stealth melee multiplier on Adaro on Sedna to gain even a decent fraction of our daily cap? Or hunt eidolons to get those focus shards? Focus should be a part of the game you can passively gain at a somewhat decent rate without paying too much attention to it.

Players shouldn't require an equinox or savage silence banshee to stealth cheese a grineer exterminate (ik there are other frames that can but these are the most popular 2) You know how RNG equinoxes parts drops are? They are very random.

Players also shouldn't require playing a bossfight out at night in cetus to be able to gain substantial amounts of focus either, some people in the warframe community just don't like hunting eidolons. They shouldn't have to be forced to fight these things many times over.

Outside of these two farming options, there aren't many ways to actually farm enough focus in a decent amount of time to actually be worth doing.

First of all, the passive conversion rate of affinity to focus is atrocious, even when you grab a focus orb it's still really bad. The focus orb itself is already a bad design (why should I need to go out of my way to grab a floaty yellow orb that spawns across the map?)

The focus orb should be removed, and in its place passive focus generation needs to be multiplied by at least x5 (this is how much a focus orb multiplies your focus gain).

Operators themselves should also generate focus for the school they are currently equipping, it doesn't make sense that I can equip the madurai focus school, but if none of my gear is madurai I don't get focus, and it also doesn't make sense that I can USE madurai skills with my operator and I STILL don't generate focus for the madurai school.

An idea is that when you pop into operator mode, the operators have their own affinity/focus gauge as well (just like all other gear), this is not their AMP, it is the operators themselves. The focus they recieve would be tied to whatever school the operator has equipped, and you would gain substantially more focus for that tree than focus lenses for equipment IF you pop into operator form (example: zenurik school chosen, when in warframe focus gain for operator is the same as lenses, but when popping into operator form focus gain for the operator multiplies by x10).

This would give incentive to use your operator mode other than dashing yourself for energy, dashing yourself for heals, or just because you're the kind of person that likes playing as the operator, because when you use the operator you don't gain any benefits affinity-wise compared to your warframe, when logically it seems like it would make sense that fighting with the operator directly instead of the warframe would help the operator learn/gain focus much faster.

Edited by birdobash
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dopekoke said:

ESO?

I forgot about that😂

Still, that's going for a specific mission, focus should be viably obtained at a decent rate doing everyday things in warframe. 

I'd say if you play 2-3 hours of the game, you should be able to at LEAST get 1/3rd of your daily focus.

Edited by birdobash

1 hour ago, birdobash said:

I forgot about that😂

Still, that's going for a specific mission, focus should be viably obtained at a decent rate doing everyday things in warframe. 

I'd say if you play 2-3 hours of the game, you should be able to at LEAST get 1/3rd of your daily focus.

DE specifically made ESO to farm focus. Scott even said he was thinking of decreasing Focus gain everywhere else.