My take on Baruuk

MonkeyKV

Greetings, hope everyone had a awsome christmas.

Sorry for typos, English is not my first language.

The way i see Baruuk is a cc/tanky/support frame that gets to a point and snaps, turning into an offensive machine for a limited time until he recomposes himself. This concept i find amazing, but could be better represented in my opinion on the frame with some changes/QoL. I enjoy frames that have synergy in their abilities and not contradict themselves, for instance i am not a fan of being forced to build a frame a certain way and only 2 skills being usefull, i think the builds should highlight certain skills but never make part of the kit useless. The way i see Baruuk as a support/cc frame he should be focused on range/duration, while power strength highlights his offense/tankyness

Ellude: Perfectly fine as it is, this is not his survivability tool, as it only works while not attacking. Will highlight its use with the other skills below

Lull: I think it only needs some QoL changes to be honest. My proposed change would be to keep slowing/resetting the sleep timer on an enemy (the light that goes up to enemies head) as long as they are standing on the lull lingering area. The way it is right now its useless in any uncoordinated group (basically every pub) since everyone is guns blazing everywhere, and any tick of damage renders the cast useless. Will differ from equinoxes since she has a instant/threshold one, while this one if u let it run its course is a sleep with instant waking, or u keep shooting for a massive slow area for a few seconds. Slow amount can be scaled by power strength for some build variety, while area and sleep duration as it is by range/duration

Desolate Hands: This is where i think the biggest oportunnity for the theme of the frame to come alive is and where i think we could work on the most. Some changes i would suggest/propose:

1- Daggers fly out at twice the speed (0.5s) prioritizing allies first always, and disarming enemies second. Damage reduction is way more important then single disarms.

2- Daggers ONLY fly out while elude is active. Also now it has a duration on cast

3- Remove the silly AoE dmg from the thing ffs

This makes Baruuk have 2 modes: Elude is ON and he is NOT attacking and hes buffing his teamates with DR and CCing enemies with disarm and Lull or Elude is OFF and his only making himself tanky (daggers are not flying out) and not disarming anyone (loses on CC).

This will make his support side stand out and his protector nature, while making his gameplay more controlable and enjoyable in my opinion, while not hampering his tankyness and solo play.

Serene Storm: They killed your dog, you're not playing games anymore. You snaped. People will get hurt now. This needs to be a timed window, restraint wont erode while this is on (builds up faster as daggers fly out at twice speed in a controled way), no elude while this is on, no daggers are flying out, you are not supporting anyone at this time.

Needs to be able to scale to higher enemies, by making combo counter viable and/or messing with the status chance imo. Ragdolling needs to be toned down, its fun to a certain extent, then it only hampers gameplay

These changes would elicit 3 types of gameplay the way i see it:

Passive supporting with DR buffing and CC by disarm and Lull

Normal run and gun with self tankyness and Slow working Lull

Punching stuff to death

This is it lads, would love to hear what you all think. 

Merry Christmas all

13 hours ago, Qamelion said:

To be honest.. he only needs a status buff to his 4, so he is capable of deal with high lvl enemy armor.
Otherwise he is a perfect Warframe in my opinion.

I agree with you, hes a perfect warframe outside his 4. The control over the DR/daggers flying out and lull being more usefull in the chaotic guns blazing enviroment would be QoL changes to me honestly. I love the frame anyways, been waiting since launch for a Monk style frame. Like the above poster said maybe those can come with augument mods. Hopefully his 4 wont be "fixed" with an augment mod.

14 hours ago, Elyndr said:

I do not like your ideas. The only change he needs is to his 4th, to let it scale slightly better. His other abilities are fine, and any changes to how they work should be an augment mod. 

None of my ideas change any of the skills drastically, they are mostly QoL but i agree, something like that could come with augments. Right there with you on his 4, it needs to scale better. I'm hoping at least some toning down on the ragdolling though.

I don't know about combo counter given the ability can be triggered a certain way, but def add like what, 35% status his Exalted? Atlas 1 spam and channeled 4 abilities like Excalibur and Wukong Exalted that benefit from combo counter works well rather than the way Baruuks kit work. They probably will have an augment similar to Excalibur with like 50% increase status giving him 100%, think that is what Excalibur has? That would be cool, but I would prefer it be done soon so we are able to test, the augment if that is what they had planned for Baruuk. I like the AoE from the daggers and I think it does well with synergy, so not much should have to change to his kit, like many others said, but his 4th. Maybe have a status chance with his 3rd ability benefiting to his melee elemental combination, probably, or not and just leave it alone. Also, I'm not sure if you get 90 damage reduction per dagger or all together. I think it should say so, or I'm missing something. His kit is a lot of fun and to be honest, he is probably, to me, the most fun Frame I ever played. 

I hope his ult isn't fixed with an augment, otherwise it will become a mandatory mod for a basic functioning of the skill. I'd rather have the mod do something different or enhance a already usable skill. His 3 gives 10% DR per dagger up to a cap of 90%, so Everytime a dagger flies off to disarm one enemy u lose 10%DR, not a good trade-off i would say. I'd rather be able to make that choice, hence my suggestion to only have it fly off with elude on. I don't like the aoe dmg because it's too low and wakes enemies from sleep and messes up stealth gameplay, it brings nothing positive imo. Anyways curious to see if DE will even touch him anyways

5 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I'd be curious to see them actually do it, if only to see how long it takes for the threads to pop up saying "this didn't help". :crylaugh:

It will definitely help. His fists are quite fast, specially with only berserker equiped. A status build can be done with CO, a slash+viral, or even an armor stripping corrosive since it's AOE and fast. Will definitely make it usefull in my ipinion

Just now, MonkeyKV said:

His fists are quite fast, specially with only berserker equiped.

Are we using the same weapon? :crylaugh:

Plus, it repeatedly knocks enemies out of reach, reducing the ability to rapidly attack and get multiple procs off. Those that it doesn't knock out of reach but still ragdolls become almost impossible to hit temporarily.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Are we using the same weapon? :crylaugh:

Plus, it repeatedly knocks enemies out of reach, reducing the ability to rapidly attack and get multiple procs off. Those that it doesn't knock out of reach but still ragdolls become almost impossible to hit temporarily.

Haha 100% agree. Ragdolling is fun to a point, they seem to like it as CC, but I find it highly annoying and counter productive. I'd like to see it gone and just have a stagger effect on the waves but I don't think it will happen, all I can wish for is a tone down on the ragdolling. The fists are fast though and high crit with berserker is enought speed I think. Cheers

23 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I'd be curious to see them actually do it, if only to see how long it takes for the threads to pop up saying "this didn't help". :crylaugh:

Hey its a start to seeing if this would be helpful. I think Excalibur augment works well in scaling with status, right? I don't play him much to test.

6 minutes ago, Mardomus said:

Hey its a start to seeing if this would be helpful. I think Excalibur augment works well in scaling with status, right? I don't play him much to test.

Yes the augment you refer to is Chromatic Blade, but his exalted weapon is perfectly useable without the augment, which I hope happens to Baruuk. Not keen on being forced to use and augment so I have a reason to press 4. As it is his restraint meter gives 50% DR at Max, not worth losing that so I can slap enemies for low dmg and ragdoll them like mad at high levels.

1 minute ago, MonkeyKV said:

Yes the augment you refer to is Chromatic Blade, but his exalted weapon is perfectly useable without the augment, which I hope happens to Baruuk. Not keen on being forced to use and augment so I have a reason to press 4. As it is his restraint meter gives 50% DR at Max, not worth losing that so I can slap enemies for low dmg and ragdoll them like mad at high levels.

O really? Interesting. So Excalibur 4th scales well like Mesa and Nidus without the augment? I agree I don't want to add an augment for Baruuk for this to work, but who knows what they have planned. 

14 minutes ago, Mardomus said:

O really? Interesting. So Excalibur 4th scales well like Mesa and Nidus without the augment? I agree I don't want to add an augment for Baruuk for this to work, but who knows what they have planned. 

Exalted blade unlike Baruuk fist is 70% slash based, and slash procs bypass armor, so it's able to scale well into lategame. I don't know if it's a bug or not but I only seem to get impact procs out of Baruuk fist even if the description says it's an even distribution in IPS

24 minutes ago, MonkeyKV said:

Exalted blade unlike Baruuk fist is 70% slash based, and slash procs bypass armor, so it's able to scale well into lategame. I don't know if it's a bug or not but I only seem to get impact procs out of Baruuk fist even if the description says it's an even distribution in IPS

Eblade scales due to stealth modifier from Excals 2, not slash procs. Tho as said other times, if baruuks fists got crit and slide reduced to excal levels his 2 could get the ivara sleep arrow treatment of always lasting for its full duration instead of being woken up by hits to also give him that/stealth damage modifier scaling.

1 hour ago, MonkeyKV said:

You've got the restrain passive backwards my friend, it's 50% once your restraint is fully eroded. Using his 4 gives you another 40% as well, and it isn't hard to stay permanently below basically 30% if you keep using his 2 and 3

Edited by Sovereign991

7 hours ago, Sovereign991 said:

You've got the restrain passive backwards my friend, it's 50% once your restraint is fully eroded. Using his 4 gives you another 40% as well, and it isn't hard to stay permanently below basically 30% if you keep using his 2 and 3

Yes I worded it wrong, it's 50% once fully eroded, hence why I don't bother actually bringing the fists up. If I need DR without killing anything I just use the 1 😂

8 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Eblade scales due to stealth modifier from Excals 2, not slash procs. Tho as said other times, if baruuks fists got crit and slide reduced to excal levels his 2 could get the ivara sleep arrow treatment of always lasting for its full duration instead of being woken up by hits to also give him that/stealth damage modifier scaling.

His 2 brings his eblade to even higher lvls, both Chromatic and non Chromatic builds, but both are useable even without it. With his 2 his an insane DPS machine which I don't think Baruuk needs to be. Excals eblade can handle sortie enemies at acceptable killing speeds without it and that is because slash bypasses armor. Baruuk literally just ragdolls stuff after a point since impact is absolute crap compared to slash. Melee 3.0 should be around the corner, but until then his fist could use a status chance increase for a hybrid build, as it is one of the 2 viable ways of dealing with armor.

His 2 lasting for full duration would be absurdly overpowered 😂. Hence why I suggested only the slow timer resetting until the sleep field is gone, this way at worst you get the slow on enemies and if they are not dead you get a sleep for a single stealth multiplier hit (instant awaking)

Edited by MonkeyKV

on the topic of his firsts my gf bought me baruuk she had to deal with me using skyrim theme song for a hour as i would only punch things under the joke of im duel wielding the dragonborn 

though i did have the thought why not make it so the push pull Bastille moves of his fists disarm also since it does it on direct hits you only get to punch one guy before the rest of his friends forget what standing is as a concept of thought

38 minutes ago, MonkeyKV said:

His 2 brings his eblade to even higher lvls, both Chromatic and non Chromatic builds, but both are useable even without it. With his 2 his an insane DPS machine which I don't think Baruuk needs to be. Excals eblade can handle sortie enemies at acceptable killing speeds without it and that is because slash bypasses armor. Baruuk literally just ragdolls stuff after a point since impact is absolute crap compared to slash. Melee 3.0 should be around the corner, but until then his fist could use a status chance increase for a hybrid build, as it is one of the 2 viable ways of dealing with armor.

His 2 lasting for full duration would be absurdly overpowered 😂. Hence why I suggested only the slow timer resetting until the sleep field is gone, this way at worst you get the slow on enemies and if they are not dead you get a sleep for a single stealth multiplier hit (instant awaking)

Slash damage itself doesnt bypass armor, procs do but those are at the same 10% base proc chance as Baruuks attacks. Also ragdoll is due to inherent effect of the fists being cc if not used for slide, block, slam attacks (block slams technically; all those still being cc but not that sends enemies away).

Also Ivara (full duration sleep), Excal (full blind), Gara (blind taunt and most of all damage boost status freeze), Frost (2 status freezes), Rhino (ultimate time bending stomp slow), Nova (less time bending super slow), Hydroid, Zephyr and Khora (hard cc damage spreads) disagree on the "cc that boosts damage lasting for full duration being op" part.

1 hour ago, Andele3025 said:

Slash damage itself doesnt bypass armor, procs do but those are at the same 10% base proc chance as Baruuks attacks. Also ragdoll is due to inherent effect of the fists being cc if not used for slide, block, slam attacks (block slams technically; all those still being cc but not that sends enemies away).

Also Ivara (full duration sleep), Excal (full blind), Gara (blind taunt and most of all damage boost status freeze), Frost (2 status freezes), Rhino (ultimate time bending stomp slow), Nova (less time bending super slow), Hydroid, Zephyr and Khora (hard cc damage spreads) disagree on the "cc that boosts damage lasting for full duration being op" part.

Yes I understand how slash and procs works. The 10% status chance on eblade is enough to be usefull for the reason that slash is a usefull proc unlike the impact. 1/4 of your hits proccing slash bypassing armor and going straight to HP (which have a far lower scaling then armor) is usefull, even more if you get a viral proc along with it.

Baruuks Lull have a huge range and I still think it can't have a full duration sleep regardless of dmg, just because other frames have OP mechanics doesn't mean he should. The power creep has already gotten to the point where we have nothing challenging to test our weapons/frames against. Him pressing 2 and sleeping enemies for 50s+ on a 50m+ range and u can freely shoot without waking is not a gameplay I look forward to

IMO, Baruuk is the Warframe equivalent of a Magic the Gathering "Control Deck." However, that may just be how I play him. 

OP, you mentioned Augment ideas. 

Augment Concepts:

1: " Shifting Mirage ": Counter After each Evade / x seconds. 

2: " Sunstroke ": Lull errodes Shields & Armor; unprotected enemies awake with radiation procs. 

3: " Sand Dancer ":   Plumes of sand erupt with each mark struck by daggers, leaving foes blindly fumbling. 

4: " ??? " : I don't have any good ideas for this. 

9 minutes ago, Ekemeister said:

IMO, Baruuk is the Warframe equivalent of a Magic the Gathering "Control Deck." However, that may just be how I play him. 

OP, you mentioned Augment ideas. 

Augment Concepts:

1: " Shifting Mirage ": Counter After each Evade / x seconds. 

2: " Sunstroke ": Lull errodes Shields & Armor; unprotected enemies awake with radiation procs. 

3: " Sand Dancer ":   Plumes of sand erupt with each mark struck by daggers, leaving foes blindly fumbling. 

4: " ??? " : I don't have any good ideas for this. 

Interesting ideas, not sure how the counter would work though, seems a bit cheesy and boring to just stand there not pressing anything and auto shooting things back.

Really like the Lull augment idea, would be incredibly usefull.

How about chain dagger for the 3rd? chain disarming seems interesting and less of a bad tradeoff for the DR lost.

good stuff

1 minute ago, MonkeyKV said:

Interesting ideas, not sure how the counter would work though, seems a bit cheesy and boring to just stand there not pressing anything and auto shooting things back.

Really like the Lull augment idea, would be incredibly usefull.

How about chain dagger for the 3rd? chain disarming seems interesting and less of a bad tradeoff for the DR lost.

good stuff

Like the "Dancing Dagger" ability from GW2? That'd be funny. I'd like to see that.