Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Up Issues

ChiefRoarus

So I have been attempting the Mastery Rank 7 rank up mission now for a few days, and that is where my problems begin.

My first issue, is that this rank up mission can only be attempted once every 24 hours, not all of us can spend hours playing these games, and when something like this shows up it really frustrates me, it is a huge waste of time and I really don't understand why you now have to wait to level up, even though you have just spent the time filling your XP bar. If you achieve 100/100 xp needed to level up, that technically means you have achieved that next level and earned it.

That leads to my next issue, I am very capable of completing this mission, but due to the SPAWN RATE of the enemies and the TIME given to defeat them, it just begins to become tedious and boring and really does turn you off the game. To explain further, My weapons and abilities can 1-shot these enemies, even without missing and going as fast as possible am unable to kill enough enemies quick enough due to how many enemies are being spawned at a time. 

And when I would like to try again because i missed it by a second or two.... oh no you have to wait until tomorrow (turns off game).
What is the point in playing a game, that literally will not let you progress.
Now I love this game, I have been playing for 4 years (on and off) and I really do enjoy playing it, but things like this are what destroy a game for me, its such a big turn off that it ruins the whole experience.

I truly believe that allowing players to attempt their rank up as many times as they need until its done will not have any negative effect on the game, if someone wants to spend the time on your game, why hinder their experience?

49 minutes ago, ChiefRoarus said:

So I have been attempting the Mastery Rank 7 rank up mission now for a few days, and that is where my problems begin.

My first issue, is that this rank up mission can only be attempted once every 24 hours, not all of us can spend hours playing these games, and when something like this shows up it really frustrates me, it is a huge waste of time and I really don't understand why you now have to wait to level up, even though you have just spent the time filling your XP bar. If you achieve 100/100 xp needed to level up, that technically means you have achieved that next level and earned it.

That leads to my next issue, I am very capable of completing this mission, but due to the SPAWN RATE of the enemies and the TIME given to defeat them, it just begins to become tedious and boring and really does turn you off the game. To explain further, My weapons and abilities can 1-shot these enemies, even without missing and going as fast as possible am unable to kill enough enemies quick enough due to how many enemies are being spawned at a time. 

And when I would like to try again because i missed it by a second or two.... oh no you have to wait until tomorrow (turns off game).
What is the point in playing a game, that literally will not let you progress.
Now I love this game, I have been playing for 4 years (on and off) and I really do enjoy playing it, but things like this are what destroy a game for me, its such a big turn off that it ruins the whole experience.

I truly believe that allowing players to attempt their rank up as many times as they need until its done will not have any negative effect on the game, if someone wants to spend the time on your game, why hinder their experience?

I guess DE wants to make sure that a higher level Mastery rank player has certain skills compared to a low level player.

You have to use certain skills to be able to complete the Mastery tests - some of tests are easier than others - but they mostly focus on specific skills.

You can "practice" the Mastery test in the relay on Mercury, at Cephalon Simaris as much as you want - and when you feel ready to take the real test - you just choose "qualify" instead. 👍

The Mastery rank tests are up the stairs on your right when entering the Sanctuary at the relay on Mercury.

Thanks for the info, I still feel that its a bit unnecessarily time consuming, but i suppose its better than nothing. I really just feel like gaming companies nowadays just force these things into their game to force people to play more, spend more time on their product meanwhile they are just pushing people away. And i understand the whole thing of them wanting higher level players to have those certain skills, but that being said they dont tell you what those skills are.. And still, I really dont see the point in putting in the time barrier, it really is just a huge time waster and turn off. Im not going to waste any other time in my day playing a game that wont let me rank up even though im able to. And maybe if they said what 'skill' I should be practicing then i would, but im not going to waste even more of my time..

7 hours ago, ChiefRoarus said:

Thanks for the info, I still feel that its a bit unnecessarily time consuming, but i suppose its better than nothing. I really just feel like gaming companies nowadays just force these things into their game to force people to play more, spend more time on their product meanwhile they are just pushing people away. And i understand the whole thing of them wanting higher level players to have those certain skills, but that being said they dont tell you what those skills are.. And still, I really dont see the point in putting in the time barrier, it really is just a huge time waster and turn off. Im not going to waste any other time in my day playing a game that wont let me rank up even though im able to. And maybe if they said what 'skill' I should be practicing then i would, but im not going to waste even more of my time..

If you have trouble with the timer running out before you have killed enough badies by a few seconds even though you can one shot them all.

I would suggest looking at your mods on your weapon to speed up the process - increase your fire rate or reload time or magazine capacity etc. - you only have to gain a few more seconds to win. 

Or try using different weapons or warframes - with different mods - that you rank up with endo. 👍