Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shut up Lotus, ya told me this already!

MarcGeralt

There should be a way to either mute the Lotus, quiet her, or at least tune her dialog down. She's even worse than Bradford in XCom 2!  I don't want to turn down or disable All transmissions..  Just the Lotus'.

If anything, her nagging has gotten even more annoying as a simulation after she turned traitor.  Especially in infested survival missions.  Hearing "Spore Saturation is nearing critical mass. "After that point no amount of life support can save you!" or being told "You need to get out of there" 10 times in a row when picking up dropped air capsules is more than annoying.    And hearing her gripe about some bit of trouble she found in Plains of Eidolon when I'm trying to mine or fish, then hearing her nag cause I didn't want to play with the grineer just makes me want to feed myself to the Eidolon.  There really is such a thing as over-communication!

• Like 1

This is the main reason why I have in game sounds pretty low and just music playing on the other monitor. I would mute Lotus like I have with Ordis if it was in the settings, if only the option to mute Lotus would stop her Ghoul Purge messages also.

• Like 1

The nagging is part of the charm - there's a reason why Lotus is called Space Mum after all 😉

And yes, Warframe really has an issue with fire-and-forget events.
It seems like sound bits like Vor & Lotus are just triggered and then played out no matter what like when you already killed Vor (which is hilarious the first time, and then quickly rather annoying).

But those are just UX problems, it gonna take a few years to get those acknowledged and fixed, trust me 🙂

En 26/12/2018 a las 17:11, MarcFitzhugh dijo:

And hearing her gripe about some bit of trouble she found in Plains of Eidolon when I'm trying to mine or fish, then hearing her nag cause I didn't want to play with the grineer just makes me want to feed myself to the Eidolon.  

Yeah her lines when you ignore her and go fishing do get kinda passive-aggressive... That's not the proper way to talk to your demon-children, mom. 

That aside, I feel like the fake-lotus joke has gone on for too long, I'd rather have her replaced by Ordis, Teshin, the operator or anyone who isn't a half-baked simulation. I almost cried when I realized Eudico was the one giving the mission commands in the Vallis. It felt really refreshing. 

Before The Sacrifice, The Lotus commanded respect but now, knowing it isn't really her and having left us, the simulation is just annoying. 

Personally my preference would be replacing all her prompts by really over the top crazy Ordis suggesting (as opposed to ordering) us to do the missions. Something like: "Operator! Would you like to >tear all those suckers to pieces and bathe in their blood< liberate this location?" 

18 hours ago, Amhiel said:

That aside, I feel like the fake-lotus joke has gone on for too long, I'd rather have her replaced by Ordis, Teshin, the operator or anyone who isn't a half-baked simulation.

Announcer packs was an april fools joke a while back, kinda hope they do something real with the idea because I agree.