Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to build mesa prime for solo MOT?

Marakai

Question

Finally farmed my Mesa Prime, I wonder how to build her for solo MOT:

For Aura I was thinking; Corrosive Projection.

For MODs: I think Adaptation, Fleeting Expertise, Narrow Minded, Primed Flow and either Quick Thinking or Umbral Vitality

I heard it's not worth to invest too much in STR as it doesn't scale that well with Regulators.

For Exilus: Mesa Waltz?

25 answers to this question

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

QT gets you more eHP I think (too lazy to do math rn)

And for Mot I suggest some range for CC.

120% strength is enough for her 3 to get max DR (95%)

So no point going over 120% strength for Regulators, correct?

Also - Arcane Aegis will work better I assume than Arcane Grace?

12 minutes ago, Nephalem said:

Mesa dosen't do well in survivals. Her survivability depends a lot on the weapons you bring with you. If you want to do solo MOT i sudgest using a tanky frame or something with more surv.

Well, if I really want to push I just take Nidus, but Mesa can do 2h I think with adaptation, arcane aegis, pox and regulators with primed mods.

Sure she won't push like top surv frames, but she is till very tank for DPS frame.

YkyBXaP.jpg

https://imgur.com/YkyBXaP

If you intend to get anywhere on MOT with Mesa you should be prepared to park next to an Ancient Healer Specter. In addition you'll need to stay away from walls and jump little as possible otherwise you're going to get hit with rocket AoE by either not deflecting them or deflecting them into the ground / wall next to you.

This is a general build. For primarily Puncture enemies like MoT swap Vitality for Redirection, run Shield Charger on your Sentinel and use Aegis instead of Grace. You probably also won't need Mesa's Waltz as you're forced to play turret mode stacking mitigation against enemies rather than active dodging but it might be partially useful for occasional slight movement to cause misses long as you don't get close to any of the aforementioned things that will cause rocket AoE to kill her instantly.

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

YkyBXaP.jpg

https://imgur.com/YkyBXaP

If you intend to get anywhere on MOT with Mesa you should be prepared to park next to an Ancient Healer Specter. In addition you'll need to stay away from walls and jump little as possible otherwise you're going to get hit with rocket AoE by either not deflecting them or deflecting them into the ground / wall next to you.

This is a general build. For primarily Puncture enemies like MoT swap Vitality for Redirection, run Shield Charger on your Sentinel and use Aegis instead of Grace. You probably also won't need Mesa's Waltz as you're forced to play turret mode stacking mitigation against enemies rather than active dodging but it might be partially useful for occasional slight movement to cause misses long as you don't get close to any of the aforementioned things that will cause rocket AoE to kill her instantly.

Thanks. Interesting you use Primed Vigor here. Wouldn't some Umbrals be better? Or it's not worth wasting slots?

If I don't have Primed Vigor- should maybe use instead redirection and run both Grace 3 and Aegis 3?

6 minutes ago, Marakai said:

Thanks. Interesting you use Primed Vigor here. Wouldn't some Umbrals be better? Or it's not worth wasting slots?

If I don't have Primed Vigor- should maybe use instead redirection and run both Grace 3 and Aegis 3?

Umbra Intensify on it's own might work without limited you from a Power Range build which is useful against Grineer as many of their attacks bypass her Shatter Shield. I haven't tried to fit it yet as compensating for Power Strength using Overextended is hard enough without making run for an Umbra mod.

You may have energy problem without energize. Another options is to run QT + Hunter's + Aegis + Grace though this type of setup requires you to take a good amount of damage. Prolly lvl 80 on MoT and lvl 200 in normal missions. I had a build like that planned using Guardian x2 but never got around to making it. It would by far be her highest eHP possible but energy management would make it a lil pointless of a build outside endurance runs.

8 hours ago, Nephalem said:

Mesa dosen't do well in survivals. Her survivability depends a lot on the weapons you bring with you. If you want to do solo MOT i sudgest using a tanky frame or something with more surv.

????

Borderline immune to bullets, can stun everyone in melee range, and has a toggle room wipe nuke.

When people talk about tanky frames to solo content with, Mesa has always been a decent candidate.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

4 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Umbra Intensify on it's own might work without limited you from a Power Range build which is useful against Grineer as many of their attacks bypass her Shatter Shield. I haven't tried to fit it yet as compensating for Power Strength using Overextended is hard enough without making run for an Umbra mod.

You may have energy problem without energize. Another options is to run QT + Hunter's + Aegis + Grace though this type of setup requires you to take a good amount of damage. Prolly lvl 80 on MoT and lvl 200 in normal missions. I had a build like that planned using Guardian x2 but never got around to making it. It would by far be her highest eHP possible but energy management would make it a lil pointless of a build outside endurance runs.

What Grineer attacks bypass shatter shield?

Even bombard rockets get deflected, the faction that can ignore shattershield is Corpus, with their various lasers/ explosives.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

????

Borderline immune to bullets, can stun everyone in melee range, and has a toggle room wipe nuke.

When people talk about tanky frames to solo content with, Mesa has always been a decent candidate.

Actually, unless I'm misinterpreting the Wiki, she's not able to stun everyone in melee range. Shooting Gallery only hits 3 enemies, and doesn't prioritize melee targets. Too many targets will quickly cause her to become overwhelmed, and if a melee enemy gets past Shooting Gallery, she's toast if she doesn't manage to kill them. Sure, she has great damage output, but when I see her kit, i see a glaring weakness to melee. Given that Survival specializes in throwing lots of enemies at you very fast, and Mot's 4x damage modifier, it seems like she'd be a poor choice for endurance runs on that node.

5 hours ago, (XB1)D34thst41ker said:

Actually, unless I'm misinterpreting the Wiki, she's not able to stun everyone in melee range. Shooting Gallery only hits 3 enemies, and doesn't prioritize melee targets. Too many targets will quickly cause her to become overwhelmed, and if a melee enemy gets past Shooting Gallery, she's toast if she doesn't manage to kill them. Sure, she has great damage output, but when I see her kit, i see a glaring weakness to melee. Given that Survival specializes in throwing lots of enemies at you very fast, and Mot's 4x damage modifier, it seems like she'd be a poor choice for endurance runs on that node.

She stuns 3 every 1.5 seconds and they stay stunned around 5s. It stacks up pretty nice and if you're in a team both yourself and the member with the buff will be doing it at the same time but melee isn't really a problem for Mesa.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

What Grineer attacks bypass shatter shield?

Even bombard rockets get deflected, the faction that can ignore shattershield is Corpus, with their various lasers/ explosives.

Yea as mentioned Napalms but also Hyeka Master Fire Bombs, Jet pack barrages, Nox, Bleed procs, Manics.

The major enemy Mesa has to worry about for Corpus outside Fortuna are Bursa but they only scale real high on Defense missions. Sorties Bursa aren't usually a problem or shouldn't be because you know when they're coming.

16 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

She stuns 3 every 1.5 seconds and they stay stunned around 5s. It stacks up pretty nice and if you're in a team both yourself and the member with the buff will be doing it at the same time but melee isn't really a problem for Mesa.

Yea as mentioned Napalms but also Hyeka Master Fire Bombs, Jet pack barrages, Nox, Bleed procs, Manics.

The major enemy Mesa has to worry about for Corpus outside Fortuna are Bursa but they only scale real high on Defense missions. Sorties Bursa aren't usually a problem or shouldn't be because you know when they're coming.

Most of the grineer units you mentioned, mainly the flame ones have pretty abysmal range, which sure can be an issue. Nox is a bit of an issue, and actually made me run with the resist toxic arcane for a while xD

Its never really the grineer I have issues with, it’s Sortie level corpus dudes and Index. Although, my Mesa is entirely geared around killing as many people as possible with 4 before touching the ground. Pretty hard to hit.

Thats the only time I ever really get blown up through shatter shield.

I’ve had a rank 2 arcane guardian on for a while now while I build better arcanes, so I haven’t gotten popped in a few weeks.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

il y a 4 minutes, (PS4)Mono-Pop a dit :

I’ve had a rank 2 arcane guardian on for a while now while I build better arcanes, so I haven’t gotten popped in a few weeks.

That's most probably the issue, since mesa has no armour to speak of she relies heavily on guardians to buff up her eHP to proper tanking levels, with 2x Guardians at max rank giving her nearly 5 times as much eHP as without it. 

I long since switched from guardian+grace to double guardian and double elevate on my operator and never looked back. 

3 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

That's most probably the issue, since mesa has no armour to speak of she relies heavily on guardians to buff up her eHP to proper tanking levels, with 2x Guardians at max rank giving her nearly 5 times as much eHP as without it. 

I long since switched from guardian+grace to double guardian and double elevate on my operator and never looked back. 

My plan was to slowly grind out a rank 3 arcane velocity, and until swapping to guardian I was probably going to stay with toxic resistance.

I guess I might just keep guardian around 🙂

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Most of the grineer units you mentioned, mainly the flame ones have pretty abysmal range, which sure can be an issue.

Its never really the grineer I have issues with, it’s Sortie level corpus dudes and Index.

Thats the only time I ever really get blown up through shatter shield.

I have a lvl 400 Corpus Solo video with her so I'm not sure what that's about. Index I totally get though.

Her weakest match up in terms of scaling is Grineer. Though many of those units are mid range she starts taking longer to burn through armor and they can easily get close enough to give her problems because she's pushing full Peacemaker ramp so she has a small reticle making her aim. A Power Range build making Laso stun enemies is very helpful against Grineer. I wouldn't say she really needs the Laso stun against any other faction.

3 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

My plan was to slowly grind out a rank 3 arcane velocity, and until swapping to guardian I was probably going to stay with toxic resistance.

I guess I might just keep guardian around 🙂

54 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I have a lvl 400 Corpus Solo video with her so I'm not sure what that's about. Index I totally get though.

Her weakest match up in terms of scaling is Grineer. Though many of those units are mid range she starts taking longer to burn through armor and they can easily get close enough to give her problems because she's pushing full Peacemaker ramp so she has a small reticle making her aim. A Power Range build making Laso stun enemies is very helpful against Grineer. I wouldn't say she really needs the Laso stun against any other faction.

The only other time I find myself using the stun portion of shooting gallery is for infected.

But infected really don’t bother Mesa, I leave corrosive on my regulators all the time and it rips flesh apart just fine.

3 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Wouldn't Grace 3 + Guardian 3 + Adaptation be better considering her Dmg reduction and Adaptation also applies to shields?

il y a une heure, Marakai a dit :

Wouldn't Grace 3 + Guardian 3 + Adaptation be better considering her Dmg reduction and Adaptation also applies to shields?

Yes and no. For instance, i used to have grace+guardian too, but you lose about 40% of your eHP and i also liked double Elevate r3 on the tenno more than Grace on the frame as far as sustain went. It also helps my kitty stay alive far longer, which is also another passive sustain source. 

I fit adaptation too in there but I'm a crazy person that runs an umbral + adaptation and neg efficiency setup on her. It is so tough you don't even have to cast for sortie and below enemies. Even in mot. And when S#&$ hits the fan it can take a ludicrous amount of punishment. 

I also tend to run zenurik with maxed singularity, temporal blast voltaic blast and the unairu waybound for void blast which allows me to, in emergencies, pull everything within 20m together, stun it with an electric proc and slow it by 80% for 20s allowing for very safe repositioning options and or an easy soirce of breathing room to relieve pressure off me. 

Edited by Autongnosis

20 hours ago, Marakai said:

Well, if I really want to push I just take Nidus, but Mesa can do 2h I think with adaptation, arcane aegis, pox and regulators with primed mods.

Why do people love Adaptation so much if that's a mod that just increase resistance to something while the Rapid Resilience gives instant - status duration? I have Rapid resilience on almost every frame and can literally walk through fire and toxin and whatever even with weakest frames so I do sell Adaptation whenever I can get it to someone who has read somewhere about how Adaptation is superior. Like why people think it's better to, for example, take less proc damage for 8 sec rather than take normal amount of proc damage for 2 sec?

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Black_Adder_ said:

Why do people love Adaptation so much if that's a mod that just increase resistance to something while the Rapid Resilience gives instant - status duration? I have Rapid resilience on almost every frame and can literally walk through fire and toxin and whatever even with weakest frames so I do sell Adaptation whenever I can get it to someone who has read somewhere about how Adaptation is superior. Like why people think it's better to, for example, take less proc damage for 8 sec rather than take normal amount of proc damage for 2 sec?

Statuses is only half a thing. Adaptation also reduces direct damage from all sources. At some level of enemies they deal enough damage to one/two-shot most frames. It is especially frustrating vs Grineers with their hit scan weapon and bombards. Adaptation cuts that dmg by 90%, If we add to it tanky frames like Chroma Prime, Inaros, Mesa, Nidus who can already take shots to their HP/Shields - it allows you to push yourself much more.

Statuses are only half of a problem in game. The higher level the more direct damage is going to be a problem. Status can always be countered with Operator. One-shot from enemies can't.

Edited by Marakai

Adaptation pretty much never gives 90% DR but Rapid Resilience is helpful for Mesa against Bleeds which mostly involves Eviscerators.

Reducing Fire / Toxic status doesn't really help her because most of those attack types will bypass Shatter Shield DR anyways and kill her.

Also, the mitigation granted by dodge will work on DoT damage so Mesa's Waltz can be very handy as an active method of reducing incoming DoT damage that would otherwise be deadly. Literally the best thing about that augment. Between dodging and spamming Elevate you can counter a heavy Bleed proc without taking up a main mod slot but make no mistake. high level Bleed damage will kill Mesa in 2 seconds flat if you're not on top of it.