nyx's rework has a few problem.

Inium

After nyx's rework, now nyx can disperse aggro by using Chaos, control one man by Mind Control, and Break enemy's armor or shield by using Psychic Bolts.
But a few problem exist that i found.

To increase the damage of mind-controlled mobs, you have to choose a weapon that can put a huge damage. 
if i have that weapon, just killing enemy by that weapon is more easier and simply than using Mind Control.

And even in the case of Psychic Bolts, it can debuff up to 6 monsters at random among the monsters in your field of view, so if you do not get the debuff to your desired monster, you must turn off it again and reuse the skill. This is really uncomfortable. It must be changed like Chaos.

Absorb is good, but even if the monster level exceeds 50 to 60, the damage is almost insignificant. In addition, most of the monsters damage is Physical Type, and that does not provoke Status, so it is not a good way to expect damage and use it.
Of course, you can make it possible to attack or move through using Assimilate mode. But after the reworking, Because of the basic energy consumption of Absorb has increased, It is impossible to operated for a long time As before. Even if you are using two of the Arcane Energize, if you are surrounded by monsters, you energy Run out in just 10 seconds.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Inium:

To increase the damage of mind-controlled mobs, you have to choose a weapon that can put a huge damage. 
if i have that weapon, just killing enemy by that weapon is more easier and simply than using Mind Control.

You are missing the point of using mind control (not just in Warframe, but mindcontrol in EVERY game).

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Inium:

And even in the case of Psychic Bolts, it can debuff up to 6 monsters at random among the monsters in your field of view, so if you do not get the debuff to your desired monster, you must turn off it again and reuse the skill. This is really uncomfortable. It must be changed like Chaos.

PB is not meant to debuff lagre groups of cannon fodder. You kill the weak enemies first, then debuff the few remaining strong enemies.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Inium:

Absorb is good, but even if the monster level exceeds 50 to 60, the damage is almost insignificant. In addition, most of the monsters damage is Physical Type, and that does not provoke Status, so it is not a good way to expect damage and use it.

Absorb is a defensive ability first and a damaging ability second. You are not understanding the ability, again.

3 hours ago, Walkampf said:

You are missing the point of using mind control (not just in Warframe, but mindcontrol in EVERY game).

What I wrote here was about the problems of Nyx's rework.
DE hoped to reinforce one monster with Mind Control. And I was talking about the inconvenience of the method. but now you are saying about Mind Controll's concept.

PB is not meant to debuff lagre groups of cannon fodder. You kill the weak enemies first, then debuff the few remaining strong enemies.

The problem with the bolt is that it is inconvenient to use. 
When the you must stop to turn off Toxic Acient monster's poison Aura in lots of number of monster, Maybe Psychic Bolt don't flying to a monster that you want to debuff up. 
Your HP is falling, but you are still killing a weak monsters to use Psychic Bolt.. How dangerous situation is. In this case, Chaos can't help you this.

Absorb is a defensive ability first and a damaging ability second. You are not understanding the ability, again.

As you said, Absorb is a defense skill. And I said, Absorb is not good way to expect to damage.
But does this normally work after Nyx's rework? I don't think so. Because of energy consumption.
I do not think you understand what is Absorb skill. Not me.
Finally, if you want to rebut, Do logically.

Edited by Inium

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Inium:

The problem with the bolt is that it is inconvenient to use. 
When the you must stop to turn off Toxic Acient monster's poison Aura in lots of number of monster, Maybe Psychic Bolt don't flying to a monster that you want to debuff up. 
Your HP is falling, but you are still killing a weak monsters to use Psychic Bolt.. How dangerous situation is. In this case, Chaos can't help you this.

I think it's for balancing reasons. PB is freckishly strong at this moment. It NEEDS serious tradeoffs.

As for the specific example of the Toxic Ancient, just stay out of the auras range.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (XB1)GearsMatrix301:

If it’s purpose isnt to Damage then why does it to begin with?

For the same reason why Snowglobe deals damage, Electric Shield grants electric damage, Energy Vampire deals damage and so on. Added highly situational boni which break up a single effect monotony and encourage players thinking out of the box.

• Like 1