Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clans, Whats the Point?

(PSN)Hallowed_Shrine

Question

I've got a serious question. What is the point of starting a clan or having clans at all; if the only reason folks join is for the research, and then they're gone?

I've been playing for about three years and have started a clan of my own after two, but it seems no one sticks around. How is it that the 1000 plus members just keep growing and all the small one stay small. 

It seems to me like there are not very many leaders in our community and yet so many who still want to be a chief. Is there really a point to belonging to one- if you have all they can offer. and how do you guys keep people around other than offering up our hard earned plat lol?

Edited by (PS4)Hallowed_Shrine

12 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Hallowed_Shrine said:

I've got a serious question. What is the point of starting a clan or having clans at all; if the only reason folks join is for the research, and then they're gone?

I've been playing for about three years and have started a clan of my own after two, but it seems no one sticks around. How is it that the 1000 plus members just keep growing and all the small one stay small. 

It seems to me like there are not very many leaders in our community and yet so many who still want to be a chief. Is there really a point to belonging to one if you have all they can offer. and how do you guys keep people around other than offering up our hard earned plat lol?

Warframe doesn't require that kind of tightness in groups. Fights need close to no communication if you have a little awareness (or a godmode frame). Maybe trials offered something different, but current content is meant to be pub'd.

I think the idea is to make friends, and after you've played with them a while, gotten to know them and assured yourself that they aren't just going to loot and scoot, then you offer clan membership. S'just a guess on my part. But in fairness, I'm in a clan with two other Tenno, and we played together almost every night for nearly two years. But in the last year our RL lives have taken different courses, DE has made some choices they didn't agree with, and we rarely play WF together anymore. It happens.

If you're offering clan membership as an inducement to become friends, as one smart-aleck put it, "Well THERE'S ya prablum!!"  I'd counsel getting to know them first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)Hallowed_Shrine said:

It seems to me like there are not very many leaders in our community and yet so many who still want to be a chief. Is there really a point to belonging to one- if you have all they can offer. and how do you guys keep people around other than offering up our hard earned plat lol?

Our clan has goals, like statues in events, remaining active and so on, we are constantly disposing of the players we don't need and replacing them with others so they can show what they can do.

However and this is important, we only give a chance to players that do not blantantly ask for research as that is an instant disqualification, same reason why we don't link clan in chat, those that ask for a link are also disqualified.

Takes a while to find a suitable candidate and around 3 or so months to check out if the player will remain in the future to come.

I do my best with recruiting (that includes heavy filtering) and to try and provide a nice relaxed enviroment with active players, without actually demading something unreasonable and anoying, obviously other clan leaders will make other decisions, for better or for worse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Having the ability to create my own Clan Emblem for Fashion Frame.  😄  You asked, and that's one of my reasons.   Cheers.  

So, is it possible to create a ghost clan of just yourself, do the custom emblem thing, then go join some other clan (disband yours i guess?) and keep wearing your custom emblem?

7 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

So, is it possible to create a ghost clan of just yourself

Yes.

do the custom emblem thing

Yes.

then go join some other clan (disband yours i guess?) and keep wearing your custom emblem?

No. 

Edit:  You can join in an Alliance with another clan.  This allows you to still keep your ghost clan and emblem while also having the benefit of a larger clan of sorts through the Alliance.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

1 minute ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Huh, so to keep your fashion frame custom... you're forever locked out of joining any other clan, it dissapears if you do?

The emblem stays with the clan.  As Warlord you can't leave the clan without either dissolving it or making someone else the warlord.  Either way the emblem stays with the clan or gets dissolved with the clan.  

Only way to do both is by doing as I posted in the edit to my earlier post.  

• Like 1

I've had a small clan (30 people) for about 5 years now.
I guess you could divide the clan into two groups really. The "core" which is my group of friends that have mostly been in the clan for years (10 people). Then there's the others (about 20) which change often, due to people leaving the game, etc.
That's just what you have to deal with as a clan leader. I wish everyone would just stay (active) but that's just an unrealistic expectation unfortunately.

• Like 1

I have a solo clan just so I could get blueprints and have a place for trading. I have no other need for clan and I don't want anyone to join my clan. I guess I'm not the only one who just need clan research and trading hub, some others just join random clan instead of making solo clan themselves. I also guess that people leave as soon as they are asked to contribute in some way or participate in some kind of "events" and I actually fully understand them - they just needed blueprints and thus find another random clan.