Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If we ever get scalable rewards, it should be Kuva

birdobash

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Scaling rewards just invite players to find exploits. Then you have players who use those exploits (not playing the way the devs intend) being rewarded more than players that just want to play the game for fun. 

that's already the case everywhere. we shouldn't stop the progression and improvement of the game for a few people that will anyway lose their sweet sweet exploit once patched.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mikakor said:

that's already the case everywhere. we shouldn't stop the progression and improvement of the game for a few people that will anyway lose their sweet sweet exploit once patched.

But that's not an improvement. It just encourages a meta and pressures others to follow or be left behind. 

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

But that's not an improvement. It just encourages a meta and pressures others to follow or be left behind. 

that's an improvement to the awful ways to gather Kuva. and it doesn't pressure anyone. doing a survival can be done with a lot of frames, even extended one, so the META would be extremely wide. and yes, those who don't do extended survival ( as this would be the point of a scalling kuva reward ) would be left behind for a moment, as for them, getting kuva may not be as necessary as for other people. and they can still do the other Kuva missions, if they only need a small amount of them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mikakor said:

that's an improvement to the awful ways to gather Kuva. and it doesn't pressure anyone. doing a survival can be done with a lot of frames, even extended one, so the META would be extremely wide. and yes, those who don't do extended survival ( as this would be the point of a scalling kuva reward ) would be left behind for a moment, as for them, getting kuva may not be as necessary as for other people. and they can still do the other Kuva missions, if they only need a small amount of them.

There's no way they can scales it without making it ape every other way of getting Kuva. 

Either they give too much and it becomes the main way to get Kuva, they keep it even and people complain. 

I doubt they care enough to keep tweaking it to find a sweet spot. There's so much more important things on the agenda

• Like 1

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

There's no way they can scales it without making it ape every other way of getting Kuva. 

Either they give too much and it becomes the main way to get Kuva, they keep it even and people complain. 

I doubt they care enough to keep tweaking it to find a sweet spot. There's so much more important things on the agenda

like fixing rivens to not make it necessary to grind an ungodly amount of Kuva, which would fix the problem by itself after ivens are less of a pure RNG/lootbox bullcrap?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikakor said:

like fixing rivens to not make it necessary to grind an ungodly amount of Kuva, which would fix the problem by itself after ivens are less of a pure RNG/lootbox bullcrap?

Is that actually a real problem to solve or a problem created from people expecting to be able to do 100 rolls in a day?

11 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

Is that actually a real problem to solve or a problem created from people expecting to be able to do 100 rolls in a day?

I have 80 awesome rivens and none of them required an ungodly amount of kuva grinding. 

That's a big enough sample size for me to say that most complaints about Kuva grinding is more about unrealistic expectations than anything. Even my low disposition Rivens are still good, I don't even know why the community was clamoring for the disposition change so much. My meta rivens stayed awesome overall, not much has changed.

16 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Uhm... that's the point. Since kuva siphons/floods tend to get repetitive real quick, people would rather play kuva survival. Problem is, it's not rewarding enough let alone incite players to go any longer than needed since lvl 2000 enemies give the same rewards as lvl 40 enemies.

No. The point is that new players can play against lvl 40 mobs (kuva survival) and vets can go straight to lvl 100 (kuva flood). You just want more rewards for an easier mode which in turn would make a harder mode useless because all vets and new players would stick to kuva survival.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Black_Adder_ said:

You just want more rewards for an easier mode

Mind elaborating how survivaling and defending kuva capsules against lvl 100+ enemies is easier than picking inaros and mindlessly waiting for kuva clouds to appear in a kuva flood?

Edited by IceColdHawk
  • Like 2

I'm lucky with RNG and got 80 nice rivens, so system is ok.

I win in the lottery, so anyone can, so system is ok.

You farm for 1 hours and get enough kuva for like 3 rolls with all the boosters up and hopes that 1/71827182712781 chance to get a good roll come, so system is ok.

You can roll 100 times and get something good, you can also get nothing. System is OK.

No failsafe, system ok.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, MPonder said:

Most of them have tons of them, and they usually get them with maximum of 16 rolls.

Just to show:
https://riven.market/profile/Iwaj
https://riven.market/profile/StrainForce
https://riven.market/profile/pinke1024
https://riven.market/profile/Smurfdaddy

What are the probability of one person get so many of them, and just with 16 rolls usually. Don't tell me those were bought, always #*!%ing 16 rolls maximums, that is coming from one person only with the same pattern. Think these guys are wasting their luck in Warframe while they could be rich by going to a lottery.

There are people who play the game, and there are people who play the market. The players with Primed Chamber, 90/90 Rivens, 100k+ plat, etc. are in most cases sitting on third party websites and trade chat for hours and scoop up these mods. They are also frequently lower-ish mastery rank. Rolling Riven Mods for the time/platinum ratio is much worse than just "sharking" and flipping.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎28 at 1:08 PM, IceColdHawk said:

Mind elaborating how survivaling and defending kuva capsules against lvl 100+ enemies is easier than picking inaros and mindlessly waiting for kuva clouds to appear in a kuva flood?

I don't know. For me after an hour of kuva survival the biggest problem is me being too slow travelling from one siphon to another siphon. I actually usually do 20-30 min because I run out of life support unless I actually do activate some life support modules in between syphons.

On kuva survival my biggest problem is literally survival. I can't do sh!t in there. And the idea of some people here is "make better rewards for much easier mode than kuva flood". I mean, I would be very happy if I could get twice thw kuva from kuva survival but I would never even try to do kuva flood then.