Violently Slow Fortuna-to-Orb Vallis Load Times

Ezilyn

Question

Loading in from Fortuna to Orb Vallis can take me up to 3-4 MINUTES minimum, and at one point, took nearly 15. It's kind of an utter wreck on getting bounties!

While loading from my Orbiter to Orb Vallis can take give or take 30 sec - 1 minute. Any idea how I could speed this up?

It was not this slow when Fortuna came out.

Attempted:

- Verifying + Optimizing Cache

- Restarting Game (repeatedly)

- Changing from 32 to 64bit

- Defrag'd Computer (via system + Norton)

- Optimized (via system + Norton)

Specs

Spoiler

RAM: 12gb

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2592 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX / Intel(R) HD Graphics 520

Microsoft Windows 10 Home

49.2 Mbps download // 4.80Mbps upload

Laptop is an ASUS Q534UX

Edited by Ezilyn

15 answers to this question

Are you doing the bounties public, friends only or solo?

Have you tried updating your drivers? I've had some wacky issues since fortuna came out, until I updated my drivers.

I haven't tried doing any bounties public since the driver update, but general performance has been on the rise.

I did have similar problems of loading in taking long enough for the others to do two stages before I even leave the elevator! So hopefully, it's something as little, yet tedious as that.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Sunai_Moonswing

Just now, Sunai_Moonswing said:

Are you doing the bounties public, friends only or solo?

Have you tried updating your drivers? I've had some wacky issues since fortuna came out, until I updated my drivers.

I haven't tried doing any bounties public since the driver update, but general performance has been on the rise.

I did have similar problems of loading in taking long enough for the others to do two stages before I even leave the elevator! So hopefully, it's something as little, yet tedious as that.

Hope that helps!

I have been playing on all three! All of them take the extremely long time, while if I load from my Orbiter to Orb Vallis (public, solo, or friends) it's a minuscule waiting time. It's like it's only while loading from Fortuna over :c I'll go attempt updating my drivers!

4 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

I forget to ask, cuz I see that u have good PC, are u running the game on high settings?

Not at all. A majority of my settings are set medium to low, or even completely off (bloom, godrays, local reflections). I have attempted FULL low settings, and it changed nothing.

Edited by Ezilyn

Were you in busy fortuna instances?

Are you another victim of the random 100% disk usage bug on Microsoft systems? 

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/100-disk-usage-windows-10-fixed/

Don't download their driver software, it's a useless cash grab, don't let them fix it for you, in fact, only the tips on that page are useful lol

6 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Lemme guess, u are probably chose Custom default offer from the game (High, Medium, Low) am I right?
You didnt change by your wishes anything?

I started with Low then edited my way up to what I liked 😄
This is my full graphical settings:

Spoiler

33ae975f552376b024af73e05ca1a32b.png

d87d191c638c25cf71f9ac1a7f68287d.png

5f28608782b347f0d8dc648cad59d71d.png

55c4ab1d6f66bb6bf09e42ab79c571f6.png

8 minutes ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

Were you in busy fortuna instances?

Are you another victim of the random 100% disk usage bug on Microsoft systems? 

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/100-disk-usage-windows-10-fixed/

Don't download their driver software, it's a useless cash grab, don't let them fix it for you, in fact, only the tips on that page are useful lol

I generally avoid going to any Busy instance (except to occasionally do my civil duty at Fortuna 69)

And fortunately I am not a victim of the 100% disk usage. Sometimes (although rarely) it'll jump to 100%, but usually stays around 40-50%

12 minutes ago, Ezilyn said:

I started with Low then edited my way up to what I liked 😄
This is my full graphical settings:

Try this, and maybe u will be able to load Orb Vallis faster, cuz that settings still makes a big problem!

Turn off everything exept:

• High Dinamical Range;
  • Geometric Detail put on Low, also depends of your wished u can keep it on medium, is on you.
  • Anti-Aliasing (TAA 8x)
  • TAA Sharpen 20%
  • Color correction

Confirm an check how is going!

Updated my graphics driver. No changes.

6 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Try this, and maybe u will be able to load Orb Vallis faster, cuz that settings still makes a big problem!

Turn off everything exept:

• High Dinamical Range;
  • Geometric Detail put on Low, also depends of your wished u can keep it on medium, is on you.
  • Anti-Aliasing (TAA 8x)
  • TAA Sharpen 20%
  • Color correction

Confirm an check how is going!

Still took nearly 5 minutes to load in :c

2 minutes ago, Ezilyn said:

Still took nearly 5 minutes to load in

Check your connection, u have little better internet speed then I have, maybe can be issue from your ISP, if u have modem and router then share your connection with other peeps in your home, then try to directly plug cable in your modem without router and check it will be better.

19 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Check your connection, u have little better internet speed then I have, maybe can be issue from your ISP, if u have modem and router then share your connection with other peeps in your home, then try to directly plug cable in your modem without router and check it will be better.

Ended up not really being my connection, thankfully. The load time has dropped to roughly 1-2 minutes, which is far better than 5-15. Thank you for your help!

18 hours ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

Try hard-drive and network, those were the ones I updated

This seemed to have helped by a massive amount (primarily updating my harddrive + firmware.) Hopefully it'll be a permanent solution :c