Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did the combo get nerfed?

(NSW)JacobTheDragon8

Question

3 answers to this question

I wouldn't say it's overpowered. Hirudo has no reach and no real status chance, so it can only hit 1 enemy at a time and its crazy crit damage falls off hard and fast. Even with the life steal passive, you'd be overwhelmed surprisingly quickly even compared to other small melee weapons. Partially because there is so far no such thing as a good stance for the Sparring weapon type, while many other single-target melee weapons, such as Rapiers and Daggers and even Fists, have very strong stance offerings.

Compare that to the actual problem weapons like whips and polearms, which are the reason melee attacks can't hit through terrain any more, because people were clearing entire rooms in 1 or 2 hits with slide attack builds that made use of Maiming Strike and Primed Reach.

However, any and all advice and opinions regarding melee comes with the caveat that Melee 3.0 is "coming soon," and will render all such information obsolete.

9 hours ago, (NSW)JacobTheDragon8 said:

I heard a lot of things about the valkyr and hirudo over powered combo a while ago, is it still good or did they nerf it recently

It's ok, but a little pointless IMHO. Valkyr's 4 has much stronger life steal - 5s is usually enough to get your health back to max. I find she works best with something long range, and she can make heavies work really well because Warcry boosts speed. 

If you do go for Hirudo make sure you select melee most of the time (or don't take a primary/secondary) as the one-handed attacks all suck. You need the sparring stance to get the jumps and kicks in.

• Like 1