Problem with math and Hornet Strike

Tijedikeri

Question

Greetings everyone 🙂
Today I decided to do some math, and faced with some problem.

Pyrana Prime without mods give 240 total damage (Slash 201,6; Puncture 19,2; Impact 19,2). I set in Hornet strike with 0 rank (what must give +20 % damage) and...
where start interesting.
240 damage is 100 %, and we must found how much damage do we have in 120%
(240*120)/100=288 total damage. But game says, what we have 280 total damage (Slash 235,2; Puncture 22,4; Impact 22,4).

Where's my remaining 8 dmg? 😞
Or maybe a wrong with my formula? 😞
P.S. Sorry for my bad english 😞

9 answers to this question

That is very weird indeed. It might be a bug, and no the formula you used is correct.

Even when calculating each element individually and adding the total you still miss that 8.

I even check if whether decimals would effect it but regardless of whether you round them or completely ignore them you end up with a number greater than what we get.

So, yeah, I have no idea why this is happening.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BladeRambler said:

Wow, ok must be a bug with shotgun pellet-like secondaries? Do you see the same inconsistency with other sidearms? Very interesting indeed, I need to start checking the math on my required damage mods I guess...

Both Sicarus Prime and Detron show correct math with a base Hornet Strike.

• Like 1

22 минуты назад, BladeRambler сказал:

Wow, ok must be a bug with shotgun pellet-like secondaries? Do you see the same inconsistency with other sidearms? Very interesting indeed, I need to start checking the math on my required damage mods I guess...

Maybe, not shotgun pellet-like secondaries don't have inconsistency.

But I don't have some other shotgun pellet-like sidearms, so i can't check this theory 😞

UPD: I think maybe there's another formula for pellet-like weapons? Tigris Prime have inconsistency in 1,6 dmg🤔

Edited by Tijedikeri