Make enemy eximus leeches more visible

Energy leeches look EXACTLY like their normal counterparts, there is 0 sound cue when they leech you, 0 visuals other than your energy bar going down (which can easily be mistaken for channeling an ability) and a large percentage of the time they're stuck behind a wall or underneath a staircase because of their stupid enemy AI pathing.

Make it so energy leeches have a distinct sound cue whenever they start leeching energy, and give them some sort of light beam that connects them to you whenever they actually start draining energy, that way we can pinpoint their location instead of running around trying to find the annoying arse osprey or butcher blending into the crowd or chilling in a corner.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, birdobash said:

Energy leeches look EXACTLY like their normal counterparts, there is 0 sound cue when they leech you, 0 visuals other than your energy bar going down (which can easily be mistaken for channeling an ability) and a large percentage of the time they're stuck behind a wall or underneath a staircase because of their stupid enemy AI pathing.

Make it so energy leeches have a distinct sound cue whenever they start leeching energy, and give them some sort of light beam that connects them to you whenever they actually start draining energy, that way we can pinpoint their location instead of running around trying to find the annoying arse osprey or butcher blending into the crowd or chilling in a corner.

I agree.  Leeches are only the PITA they appear to be because you can't tell when they appear.

49 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Don't they already have an orange glow?

Though a line/sound would be nice...or annoying if there's too many...

Usually I only notice them when my energy is dropping.

Not that noticeable, still require a trademark of its leeching aura

2 hours ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Don't they already have an orange glow?

Though a line/sound would be nice...or annoying if there's too many...

Usually I only notice them when my energy is dropping.

As shown in one of triburos's 20 sins of warframe videos (he has 2 of them) it is literally next to impossible to find the leech in a group of similar looking enemies, you would have to hover over their nametags, but then that kind of defeats the point.

A "moa shockwave" like sphere of influence marker would be a nice addition, make it blue and suck inwards and we can tell by an eyeshot its an energy leech aura.

Either that or an blue/electrical overlay to signify you're in range, I think my energy being stolen from me is something I want advertised immediatly.

On top of all else energy leachers need a visual electrical storm around them we'll get the gist from that.

I'd Like to see visual effects on every enemy either causing or being affected by auras. I want to see my foes in range of a healer surrounded by a noticable green energy instead of me blasting away at them like a goof wondering "How did these guys get all this h e a l t h ?"

Edited by MemeCataclysm
  • Like 1

On the bright side energy leaches are only available to the infested. Choose your mission type..  And they really only become a major issue  when there are 2 or more and healers are there making them more invincible, and then you got disrupted directly hitting you sapping your entire energy pool. 

No issues, min maxing your weapons against infested is important long term. 

47 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

To be fair, making them more visible would be marginally useful, they leech from the other end of the map sometimes.

Which is bloody ridiculous IMO. No enemies should have that kind of range.

But something like having your health bar turn a different colour or start flashing, plus an audible warning alarm would at least alert you to the problem.

10 hours ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

On the bright side energy leaches are only available to the infested. Choose your mission type..  And they really only become a major issue  when there are 2 or more and healers are there making them more invincible, and then you got disrupted directly hitting you sapping your entire energy pool. 

No issues, min maxing your weapons against infested is important long term. 

No that's untrue. Eximus energy leeches are possible in all factions. What you're thinking of is the infested ancients that do practically the same thing as energy leeches, but those are specific enemies.

But I'd understand how you could make that mistake as energy leeches don't pop up for other factions until later scaling starts to ramp up

10 hours ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

On the bright side energy leaches are only available to the infested. 

This is definitely false.

8 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

To be fair, making them more visible would be marginally useful, they leech from the other end of the map sometimes.

Yes, but having them stand out would make them much easier to prioritize and deal with in what could be a desperate situation.

15 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Adding line of sight check for enemy auras would be a welcome addition too.

This should be mandatory considering that in this game if you look at an enemy wrong it gets stuck in the wall/ceiling where you cant kill it (it can still shoot you tho cus screw the player right)

I'd prefer just having an aura attached to the player avatar directly with particle clouds showing where the energy is flowing too..

Energy leeches range, aura LOS, and their generally sly behavior seem to be consistent among them all so I doubt it isn't intended or would be changed.

But putting an aura on my frame and a flowing particle cloud showing where the energy is flowing too would a reasonable request given that it's reasonable to surmise that the devs want you to venture into the throng and go kill it anyway.  

4 hours ago, birdobash said:

No that's untrue. Eximus energy leeches are possible in all factions. What you're thinking of is the infested ancients that do practically the same thing as energy leeches, but those are specific enemies.

But I'd understand how you could make that mistake as energy leeches don't pop up for other factions until later scaling starts to ramp up

3 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

This is definitely false.

It would seem I'm wrong, after a quick wiki search. However the units capable of being energy leeches/parasitic, are all melee within Grineer with the exception of shield lancer, Corpus with exception of mine Osprays, as for the infested a larger portion are capable of being parasitic, including infested MOA's which weren't always capable of ranged attacks and might be a bit of an oversight. 

Oh right, only corrupted butchers and disrupters of this factor can energy leech. 

My mistake, but avoiding the melee would seem to be the ideal situation long term then. 

I personally feel these in your face elite units keeping their rogue like leeching to remain this way. At least until we remove nuking the map. 

Stop using Vacuum is pretty much all I need to say. Control your energy pick ups. If your an endurance runner your likely not in need of materials anyway. 

energy leeches are a pain, it's like nullifiers: how would factions that aren't the Orokin, who have no understanding of Void energy or how it works, know how to sap a warframe's energy? it's just something to try and balance the game, but I'd argue that they are outdated and that Magnetic proc does a far better job of preventing us from using our powers. 

14 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Not true, they are limited to 15m. They can leech from the other side of a wall (an argument you could use for your side of the debate), but not the other end of the map

5 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Not true, they are limited to 15m. They can leech from the other side of a wall (an argument you could use for your side of the debate), but not the other end of the map

A rather easy mistake to make, considering it does seem like an enemy not nearby when they're hiding out of your view.

They may not be more visible but I do think any debuff coming from Eximus units should be shown in upper right corner like buffs would do so we can tell when and what kind of Eximus enemies are coming.

Edited by Marvelous_A
55 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

They may not be more visible but I do think any debuff coming from Eximus units should be shown in upper right corner like buffs would do so we can tell when and what kind of Eximus enemies are coming.

That might still not be enough considering the amount of buff icons that can appear in a game like warframe, especially if you have an Octavia in squad.

Still, it would be better than nothing. Although if DE only implemented this I am 100% certain people would voice their concerns about it not being enough, or just a lazy fix.