Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe specific weapon builds?

TheXennon

Question

I am wondering if it's possible to have a separate weapon build on different warframes without the need to constantly switch mods around when changing warframe?

eg:  When I play Ivara, I often have a silence mod in a slot, but when I play Rhino with the same weapon I don't need the silence mod and usually swap it out for something else.  The problem is the config I use on each frame is not remembered - the weapon retains its last mod config.

It seems I need to have as many weapons built as I want configs.  So in the example above, I need 2 of the same weapon so each frame has their own build.

I have no issue with doubling up on weapons, but it would be nice if the warframe build/loadout would stick as a total config.  The problem with having multiple weapons of the same type is you can't distinguish between them in the selection screen - they all look the same and are named the same too.

13 answers to this question

3 hours ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

You can use the loadout slots to do what you want, I'm pretty sure those remember which config is selected.

No, it doesn't.  Loadouts only remember the equipment you have assigned - not the individual changes made to each component.  I just tested it to be sure - I opened my Rhino loadout, equipped a secondary, modified it to suit Rhino then opened up another loadout which uses Ivara and the same secondary weapon.  When inspecting the secondary, it is configured exactly as I changed it for Rhino.  ie:  The Rhino config for that weapon overwrote the existing config I had on the separate Ivara loadout.

The only solution appears to be multiple copies of the weapon, all individually configured and THEN assigned to a specific loadout - but that leaves the issue of recognising which weapon config is which when selecting from the arsenal list (It would help if the game auto-renamed duplicates with a (2) or something after the name so we can distinguish them).

Edited by TheXennon
typo

8 minutes ago, TheXennon said:

No, it doesn't.  Loadouts only remember the equipment you have assigned - not the individual changes made to each component.

Did I miss understand something? Do you mean you have more than 3 builds per weapon? Because I could've sworn loadout slots remember which config (A/B/C) was selected.
I get it when it's Warframes and you have more builds than can fit and that makes you have multiple Warframes due to the many formas (I have multiple Warframes multiple times for this exact reason), but with weapons it seems like pointless overkill to do so imo.

Edited by -AxHx-Vile

8 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

In the mod tab top bar there are 3 configs you can rename to suit your needs. 

I use those to config the item for each faction A=Grineer, B=Corpus, C=Infested and only apply to the weapon and not to the loadout they are used in. (If that makes sense).

10 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Did I miss understand something? Do you mean you have more than 3 builds per weapon? Because I could've sworn loadout slots remember which config (A/B/C) was selected.
I get it when it's Warframes and you have more builds than can fit and that makes you have multiple Warframes due to the many formas (I have multiple Warframes multiple times for this exact reason), but with weapons it seems like pointless overkill to do so imo.

It seems I may have described the problem badly - let me try again.

# - I have 1 "loadout" i use for Rhino
# - I have 1 (other) "loadout" i use for Ivara
# - My Rhino loadout has a secondary all modded up for his use using the 3 mod configs A/B/C for Grineer/Corpus/Infested

# - My Ivara loadout uses the SAME secondary but one of the mod slots is changed to accommodate a silence mod in all 3 mod configs A/B/C for Grineer/Corpus/Infested

The problem is:  The secondary weapon (common to both loadouts), only remembers the last mod config I made (regardless of which loadout uses it) - consequently the weapon's config is the SAME in both loadouts

What I want is for the weapon to "remember" the mods I assigned when in my Rhino specific loadout and likewise "remember" the mods I assigned when in my Ivara specific loadout.

I hope that makes more sense - I'm not sure I know how to explain it differently.

Anyway - given the responses, (1) I must be the only one who wants this and (2) It's not something that's currently possible and (3) Is most likely not something DE would consider implementing.

The reason for doing this (from my PoV), is to allow for loadouts that can take advantage of any particular synergies (or compensate for any lack of synergy) between warframes and particular weapons and tweak for those synergies when mixing/matching weapons to frames.

il y a une heure, TheXennon a dit :

I use those to config the item for each faction A=Grineer, B=Corpus, C=Infested and only apply to the weapon and not to the loadout they are used in. (If that makes sense).

Oh ok, it does make sense. Well tbh it is probably easier to swap the mods for the factions than it is to swap around silencers etc. Then again it depends on whether you use only different elements, also faction damage mods or entirely different builds. 

Also remember that the loadout saves which config you are using and keeps that one regardless of what you do with the same weapon in other loadouts. 

So if you have loadout 1 with a pistol and select config A, then go to loadout 2 with the same pistol and select config B for the pistol, loadout 1 still uses config A, and loadout 2 uses config B. Hope i have been clear. 

4 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Oh ok, it does make sense. Well tbh it is probably easier to swap the mods for the factions than it is to swap around silencers etc. Then again it depends on whether you use only different elements, also faction damage mods or entirely different builds. 

Also remember that the loadout saves which config you are using and keeps that one regardless of what you do with the same weapon in other loadouts. 

So if you have loadout 1 with a pistol and select config A, then go to loadout 2 with the same pistol and select config B for the pistol, loadout 1 still uses config A, and loadout 2 uses config B. Hope i have been clear. 

Yes, I understand that's how it currently works - I want it to be different.  I want loadout 1, config A to be different for loadout 2, config A for the same weapon so I don't have to keep re-modding with every loadout swap.

1 minute ago, Autongnosis said:

I understand your pain. Uh, i think that could be nice if a bit confusing at first. Tho ye, it definitely would be helpful if you're into proper optimisation. 

I'm not into optimising all that much, but i do swap to and from Ivara a LOT and with her, she needs a silence mod on nearly every weapon I like using but the other frames don't so it gets to be a bit of a PITA having to re-mod every time I swap into/out of Ivara.  I think I might just try building a 2nd copy of the weapons she uses most and equip them on her and be done with it.  Seems like the easiest solution atm.

1 hour ago, TheXennon said:

It seems I may have described the problem badly - let me try again.

<snip>

Ok, so I misunderstood initially, fully understand what you mean now.
So as you noticed, there's no way to do so atm. Who know if it'll ever be possible. But now the only way to do it would be to get that weapon again, mods it for Ivara and use that for the Ivara loadout(s).
A bit awkward perhaps, but maybe not too big of a deal depending on the weapons you're using.
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to explain it in more detail and good luck with the builds.

il y a 4 minutes, -AxHx-Vile a dit :

But now the only way to do it would be to get that weapon again, mods it for Ivara and use that for the Ivara loadout(s).
A bit awkward perhaps, but maybe not too big of a deal depending on the weapons you're using.

The big problem with that is that to do it you need to rename your weapon with plat to recognise which is which, otherwise it's as slow as just manually swapping the mods, which is a bit of a bummer and pretty costly (2/3 renames for each weapon that is shared across loadouts can get out of hand pretty fast). 

Tho ye, it currently is the only solution. 

2 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

The big problem with that is that to do it you need to rename your weapon with plat to recognise which is which, otherwise it's as slow as just manually swapping the mods, which is a bit of a bummer and pretty costly (2/3 renames for each weapon that is shared across loadouts can get out of hand pretty fast). 

Tho ye, it currently is the only solution. 

I didn't know you could "pay" to rename your weapons (not that I'd do it) - I think the game should auto-rename dupes like weapons, frames and such by simply adding a numeric suffix to their name so they CAN be identified in your inventory.

il y a 11 minutes, TheXennon a dit :

I didn't know you could "pay" to rename your weapons (not that I'd do it) - I think the game should auto-rename dupes like weapons, frames and such by simply adding a numeric suffix to their name so they CAN be identified in your inventory.

That would be a start ye. I had your exact problem while trying to fit both my orb hunting, eidolon hunting and standard build on the rubico prime. 

I had to resort to using a non maxed element in the standard build and it triggers me so hard :S