Vauban - Rework - DE - Please o_o.

-Sentient-

Title sounds strange,but what I mean is that baruuk can not only CC,But also Deal damage and Damage Reduction

Vauban has no survability kit  at all, all of its abiliites are pure CC which makes him squishy unless you sacrifice Duration/Range mods for Health an Armor

And about his abilities...

Tesla : The fact that to have a 100% proc you need to slowly charge  and consume a lot of energy to have something worse than bastille is pretty awful,and uncharged is just a Meme in level 30+ levels.

Minelayer: Mines concept is neat on paper but poor and useless in a game where everything is fast Spam 4 and kill everything,this would have been diferent if the mines actually dealt a lot of damage and have an Big increase on their AOE size.

Something diferent to this could be an Exalted Drone that can protect you,Heal,and resupply Ammo

That is how Vauban will get more survability and use.

Other idea is to have an Exalted Turret that so many people want,but one that can actually Kill or atleast Shock enemies.

Bastille: Probably the only reason to play Vauban,this Ability could be perfect if it wasn't for the "limit" it has,a lot of abilities very similar to Vauban are way better,and the augment is God damn awful, Why? because why would you want to sacrifice a mod to put some bounces after the limit hit the dome,when you can literally spam other Bastille in the same place? a replacement to that Augment could be to have Magnetic damage affect enemy over time.

Vortex: This one is good as it is,people compare it to Nidus 2 and call Vortex trash, but they both have diferent usages, You want to use vortex in a corridor to get the enemies Trap,and it Works way better with the Augment.

The only ocasión I say "Oh,I need Vauban" is on Interceptions, thats it

Edited by -Sentient-
  • Like 1

On a semi-related note, Valkyr also needs to learn from Baruuk.

Baruuk's "edge" meter is a great way to rework Valkyr's rage system, so that the more damage she takes or whatnot builds up a hysteria duration bar instead of forcing it to suffer an accelerated decay rate. This also mitigates people spamming hysteria whenever they please, and makes it a more situational ability.

1 minute ago, -Sentient- said:

Yeah,except I think instead of taking damage,she should get it from doing finishers,

The "take damage" is specifically for baruuk cuz ya know,hes a pacifists and doesn't like to figth until they make him go "edgy".

Baruuk isn't about 'taking damage' specifically, his edge buildup revolves around dodging attacks, sleeping and disarming enemies. Valkyr's rage should instead be based on taking direct health damage. Makes sense if you ask me.

7 hours ago, RS219 said:

On a semi-related note, Valkyr also needs to learn from Baruuk.

Baruuk's "edge" meter is a great way to rework Valkyr's rage system, so that the more damage she takes or whatnot builds up a hysteria duration bar instead of forcing it to suffer an accelerated decay rate. This also mitigates people spamming hysteria whenever they please, and makes it a more situational ability.

If I had a penny for everytime someone says a new mechanic should go on/would fix an older frame :f

i'll have to disagree here.  The ability is named "hysteria."  Which is related to things like uncontrolled/insane.  Building up rage and then exploding into a fury doesn't really sound like valkyr to me.  It's already situationally used as is.  Most valk's are doing an eternal war and only popping her 4 when they need to get health back or maybe rez someone in a sticky situation.

I JUST went through the forums after posting an idea similar to yours and saw this rework and I like it, though i disagree on Vortex. I just dont see the point when you can throw a Bastille though there is a point to be made when you also use the Perpetual Vortex mod. If he had more build diversity because he had more sustain from the drones we proposed it miiiiight get used more. One can only hope. 😞

• Like 1

uuuumm well tho baruuk still needs abit of buffing, yea vauban needs improvements himself regardless. minelayer in my opinion is the biggest issue currently in his kit as it gets clunky between switching and throwing, then there is the fact the throw itself is beyond wonky to get used to and id prefer if it went straight forward. bastille issue ironically is actually a issue wit minelayer again as throwing a mine on a lifted enemy makes them break completely free of the ability. then his new passive (yes i kno its better) is do more dmg to any cc enemy but if it was any enemy cc BY VAUBAN ability take more dmg from ANY source instead of vauban himself getting a dmg boost would of made him waaaaaaay better for team setups while even making him worth more to be a cc support frame. plus for the love of lotus buff his efficiency to make his debuff build more viable like buff it by alot. 

Edited by ShenRyujin

This is just a guess, but I believe the issue with Minelayer and Bastille lies in how DE rigs mobs/enemy's. Gravity is artificially produced I think when a frame jumps by changing the shape of the frame/character (by bending of the knees and arching of the back) and giving it lower speed when traveling downward (im not sure if thats the case in warframe but a lot of games do this). When a mob trips up via Triplaser while in Bastille for instance its not uncommon for it to rebound at 100 mph around the area your in often off walls (and into my Zarrs cross-hairs). I believe this is  because it messes with the code that applys to falling and resets the downward speed or something giving it this the weird speed boost upwards and off the cieling (or in any direction really). This is just a theory though ive had. 

• Like 1

Vauban rework is something that people has been asking for a long time

The last changes they did to him were memes and completly useless (Only good thing was the passive change)

Tesla : This thing Jesus christ,it needs to go,it does nothing at high levels,and if you charge it slowly with the cost of 40 energy it does the same thing as Bastille but worse

To make it usable make it 50% status without any strength build,a remove the 39 seconds durability and change it for number of charges so then the ball will dissapear when the máximum number of charges are done.

Minelayer: Mines sounds good on paper but play VERY Poor in-game due to recent warframes and their Press 4 to kill everything

Shred: Totally Useless without strength build,and I doubt you will sacrifice a Range or duration mod for strength

Bounce: Pretty much an insult,after the changes to parkour and the addition of bullet jump its totally useless

Concuss: The only useful one due to its radiation proc making Enemies figth each other,this one should stay but increase its AOE Effect.

Triplaser: Good/Bad - Bad..Why? because Vauban can do this and way better with its bastille or Vortex

The only one that should remain is Concuss

New Toys could be: Tool Layer

Shield Dome: Vauban will hold 2 and Deploy an 10 meter dome around him that will give damage reduction and inmunity to status effects,the dome can be destroyed if enemies shoot to the Small drone that is creating the dome (Similar to Nullifilers).

Sentry Turret : Vauban will deploy an automatic turret that will fire and inflict 300 Damage,throwing Teslas will add Electric damage,and Fully charged tesla gives 100% status chance on turret (Limit of turrets will be 3 and can be increased by Strength mods (Turret will have 300HP by default and can be increase with strength mods)

Trap Laser : Very Similar to the Death orbs from the void but smaller,Vauban will deploy a death orb that will shoot in 360 and rotate,enemies that contact will the laser will trip down and recieve Magnetic damage.

Concuss : Same as it is rigth now but increase its AOE effect.

Bastille: I think its great as it is,removing its enemy cap will make others abilities of his useless

Vortex:  Some people say its a worse versión of Nidus 2,I disagree,it Works very well with the augment or without the augment in defense with a good duration

Edited by -Sentient-

The function of Tool Layer is contradicted with the problem you're trying to address with the removal of Minelayer. You will have them spin around a defense objective while everything dies in the spawn room when applied to the same scenario. Honestly, there's no way to really compete within this scenario unless you have something that is capable of doing the same thing which is why it's not a worthwhile comparison to make.

A general problem I have with the using the Shred/Concussion mines is that they don't perform well when thrown directly as you can only drop them with a limp-wrist toss and that they have a small radial explosion on top of a small detection range. A proper grenade throw along with a more directed and reliable radius like that of a Claymore would be better than a radial explosion that usually only hits one or two enemies running ahead of the group. 

8 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Does Vauban need a rework? Yes.

Will contributing the the number of posts about and pitching the same exact ideas as them suddenly make that rework appear out of thin air? No.

So do it better.

• Like 2