Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Early-game Needs 1 More Frame

(NSW)Joewoof

I’m at the point now where I’m crafting new Frames faster than I can use them. It’s so easy to get new Frames in the mid-game that it makes me wonder why it has to be so hard and tedious to acquire them in the early game.

Warframe is at its most fun when you’re building up towards new weapons, especially Frames. Yet, this doesn’t kick in until you’re many, many hours into the game.

Sure, you can get the blueprints for Rhino very early on, only to realize that you have a long way to go before you can get all the components.

For your first 3 planets, you’re pretty much stuck on your starter Frame, and then every planet thereafter, you get access to 1-2 Frames constantly. It is really unbalanced.

I believe that the problem is Mercury. Its boss is the only one that does not drop Frame parts, at the point where the game actually needs it most - to keep new players hooked. Maybe Vauban or Oberon?

maybe in the early game you should focus more on learning your starter frame, and all the gamemechanics, mission types and absorb everything the game has to offer, get comfortable, level you stuff and only then you are supposed to get new frames.

also there is garuda and baruuk on venus, there is gara on earth, oberon can be aquired on any planet, dojos give like 3 more frames

Edited by Cicasajt
  • Like 3

On 2018-12-27 at 2:00 AM, (NSW)Joewoof said:

I’m at the point now where I’m crafting new Frames faster than I can use them. It’s so easy to get new Frames in the mid-game that it makes me wonder why it has to be so hard and tedious to acquire them in the early game.

Warframe is at its most fun when you’re building up towards new weapons, especially Frames. Yet, this doesn’t kick in until you’re many, many hours into the game.

Sure, you can get the blueprints for Rhino very early on, only to realize that you have a long way to go before you can get all the components.

For your first 3 planets, you’re pretty much stuck on your starter Frame, and then every planet thereafter, you get access to 1-2 Frames constantly. It is really unbalanced.

I believe that the problem is Mercury. Its boss is the only one that does not drop Frame parts, at the point where the game actually needs it most - to keep new players hooked. Maybe Vauban or Oberon?

This has been an issue for six years now. You can easily get a Warframe blueprint and the components from the second planet, but to actually get the components to make it takes you all the way to Jupiter to do (bosses drop Orokin cells, but don't drop Neural Sensors), which makes the progression curve super messy. I wish they'd fix it, but sadly they haven't.

I like the idea that the starter Warframes and the resources needed to build them should become accessible very early on.

Vor (Mercury)could drop parts of a frame that actually gives an 'alternative to gunplay', like Volt is supposed to, maybe one with an exalted gun or an exalted sniper, considering he drops Seer, he could drop Banshee parts and Banshee's fourth, Quake could be reworked into an exalted sniper railgun which would work better with the frame's kit instead of the non-scaling afk button we have now.

2 hours ago, kgabor said:

Vor (Mercury)could drop parts of a frame that actually gives an 'alternative to gunplay', like Volt is supposed to, maybe one with an exalted gun or an exalted sniper, considering he drops Seer, he could drop Banshee parts and Banshee's fourth, Quake could be reworked into an exalted sniper railgun which would work better with the frame's kit instead of the non-scaling afk button we have now.

You get Volt and Banshee from the clan, which you can access super early.