Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a way to get over 1000% buff with chroma prime?

Grayfox1990

Question

17 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Fluxinated said:

You can try formaing your aura slot to a V polarity and using growing power

Ah so this could be the diffrence then, I see. But cor proj is a better mod I think for Chroma Prime, right? It's more effective isn't it? I just did the opposite because of the reason that cor proj is better.

1 minute ago, Grayfox1990 said:

Ah so this could be the diffrence then, I see. But cor proj is a better mod I think for Chroma Prime, right? It's more effective isn't it? I just did the opposite because of the reason that cor proj is better.

idk fr, i was just suggesting the way to get 1000 power 😛

5 minutes ago, Grayfox1990 said:

the umbral fiber is already rank 8

Well, maxed umbral vitality and fiber has its flaws...

5 minutes ago, Grayfox1990 said:

But cor proj is a better mod I think for Chroma Prime, right? It's more effective isn't it? I just did the opposite because of the reason that cor proj is better.

Depends on what you want you Chroma for. Both Tridolons and PT are immune to aura debuffs. For all other content Chroma is not the best choice anyway in current meta.

2 minutes ago, Syasob said:

Depends on what you want you Chroma for. Both Tridolons and PT are immune to aura debuffs.

Not true. 

Immune to Shield Disruption, since shields are a major mechanic for them, but still vulnerable to Corrosive Projection.

Also, you can try Growing Power and/or Pax Bolt. Or build a team with someone using Power Donation for you. 

18 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Not true. 

Immune to Shield Disruption, since shields are a major mechanic for them, but still vulnerable to Corrosive Projection.

Also, you can try Growing Power and/or Pax Bolt. Or build a team with someone using Power Donation for you. 

I use chroma alot for assassinations as wel as lvling weapons, bounties (blowing up ship) tridolons, orbfights and some missions like captures, sometimes survivals,... He's basically 1of my mains.

Question now is, which is the better mod? Is it really worth sacrificing cor proj for growing power?

Edited by Grayfox1990

37 minutes ago, Syasob said:

Depends on what you want you Chroma for. Both Tridolons and PT are immune to aura debuffs. For all other content Chroma is not the best choice anyway in current meta.

Actually, chroma prime is 1 of my mains. I prefere him above a rhino prime. I use him for bounties (survivability and blowing up ships is what I love), assassinations, captures, sometimes survival, tridolons and orbfights.

Edited by Grayfox1990

24 minutes ago, Grayfox1990 said:

Is it really worth sacrificing cor proj for growing power?

Solo - no. A single CP VS no CP provides more raw DPS than Growing Power vs armored targets.

In a group, though, especially in a Tridolon/Profit Taker group, 3xCP is all you need, so you're free to run whatever - Growing Power, Dead Eye or even Enemy Radar. 

2 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Solo - no. A single CP VS no CP provides more raw DPS than Growing Power vs armored targets.

In a group, though, especially in a Tridolon/Profit Taker group, 3xCP is all you need, so you're free to run whatever - Growing Power, Dead Eye or even Enemy Radar. 

Ok thanks alot. I thought so since I asked a couple of weeks ago and the answer was still cor proj as well.

Good to know its growing power which could take you above 1000. Would've loved to get 1000 but I'm sacrificing to much then. Better to run cor proj.

Take care all! 🙂

6 hours ago, --Q--Lux said:

You can use a nidus specter. If it links to you, it gives you a multiplicative 28% extra strength. At your current 348%, you'll have 445% which is a 1,223% buff.

Cool, didn't knew that. Thanks. Does it add health as well? Cause I can't get to 1000 there as well.

There are any number of other external sources of power strength. Like 3 teammates running Power Donation, Equinox buff, Rhino buff, etc. You can even ditch survivability and power duration mods for more strength in the form of Energy Conversion and Umbral Fiber (for that extra 5% bonus to Umbral Intensify) for even more power strength.

But in useful gameplay scenarios, not really.