Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Phaedra, please .__.

Critiamat

She's just underperforming in comparsion to other archguns, and before it wasn't big of a deal because in archwing missions everything dies instantly, but now when we use it in boss fight it really shows off, and I love this weapon, looks, stupidly high fire rate, looks...

Just look at this marvelous form
Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania warframe phaedra

She's beautiful...

1 minute ago, Momaw said:

What do you have in mind?

Make it an actual relative to the Soma family, give it 25-30% crit chance and 2.1-2.5x multiplier, reduce it's status and give it more fire rate and magazine size, also make it's primary damage slash 

It's the easiest of the AG to come up with stats for tbh, it's basically an AW version of the Soma, and we all know what that family of weapons is all about 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GinKenshin said:

Make it an actual relative to the Soma family, give it 25-30% crit chance and 2.1-2.5x multiplier, reduce it's status and give it more fire rate and magazine size, also make it's primary damage slash 

Puncture would be better for dealing with armor, but everything else I agree with.

I'd also tighten up the firing spread significantly to make it a more accurate weapon. For a long-barreled weapon, the Phaedra has terrible shot placement at long range.

53 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

I'd also tighten up the firing spread significantly to make it a more accurate weapon. For a long-barreled weapon, the Phaedra has terrible shot placement at long range.

Bragging rights, Mirage. At the moment, the Phaedra's length is meant purely for bragging rights: "My gun's bigger than yours." /s

Agreed.

Edited by Mach25
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Momaw said:

The phaedra has negative recoil, it gets more accurate the longer you fire it.  Only inaccurate in short bursts, amusingly.  The way arch-gun ammo works just really discourages you from going heavy on the trigger.

So you're meant to go heavy on the trigger...but you're not supposed to.

-_-

The way DE "balances" weapons really baffles me at times. You'd think that firing the Phaedra in bursts would be more ammo efficient, but nope.

Edited by MirageKnight
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Xhobract said:

The Phaedra is a status weapon,

That's the problem...it should be a crit weapon. Because it's Soma's "big sister".

What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the Soma? Crit weapon. Not status weapon.

so of course it underperforms in a boss fight that is immune to that.

I couldn't care less about that boss fight. 

so please stop wanting to make it into another Imperator.

Why would i want the Phaedra to be mediocre? Because frankly the Imperator is arguably quite mediocre. I want it to be BETTER than that.

• Like 4

vor 18 Minuten schrieb MirageKnight:

That's the problem...it should be a crit weapon. Because it's Soma's "big sister".

Sure, they could have made the Imperator the status weapon and Phaedra the crit weapon when they initially designed them, but here we are. Should we change it simply because it's "Soma's big sister"?

I couldn't care less about that boss fight. 

I didn't specifically adress you, did I? The thread starter used this as an argument where he was unsatisfied with Phaedra's performance, so I explained why that is no surprise.

Why would i want the Phaedra to be mediocre? Because frankly the Imperator is arguably quite mediocre. I want it to be BETTER than that.

Just increasing the critrate to be Soma-like would push it way over the top compared to other Archwing guns. I'm not saying it should be a bad weapon nor am I against improvements. If you want to make Phaedra the fast firing crit weapon (already got that in Imperator Vandal) then we don't have a fast firing status weapon which is a bigger loss in my eyes. So we logically would have to basically swap stats between Phaedra and Imperator so we still have both just so you can have a proper "Soma's big sister".

And for the record I only said Imperator because the difference between the normal Imperator and the Vandal variant when used in Atmosphere is much smaller than when used in outer space.

Should we change it simply because it's "Soma's big sister"?

That's one very good reason. That's exactly what Phaedra was advertised / marketed as - Soma's "big sister" and people will reasonably expect it to be similar in function AND appearance to the Soma. False advertising is not a good thing. In addition, Archwing could do with a fairly accurate, long range, rapid fire crit weapon. Imperator can be the bullet hose that doesn't care about accuracy.

Sure, they could have made the Imperator the status weapon and Phaedra the crit weapon when they initially designed them

And they could just as easily make that way still.

Just increasing the critrate to be Soma-like would push it way over the top compared to other Archwing guns.

Here's a crazy idea...how about giving all Arch-Guns the much needed rework / balance pass they deserve? Because God knows some players have been clamoring for it.

So we logically would have to basically swap stats between Phaedra and Imperator so we still have both just so you can have a proper "Soma's big sister".

It's not just me and this particular topic isn't exactly new either. I seem to recall this being an issue with some players when the gun was first released.

If you want to make Phaedra the fast firing crit weapon (already got that in Imperator Vandal) then we don't have a fast firing status weapon which is a bigger loss in my eyes.

See above where I mentioned that Arch-Guns in general could use a balance pass / rework. The Imperator series can take on the role of rapid fire status weapon.

• Like 5

I actually like that Phaedra is a status Soma but the big turn off is it's 10.5 Accuracy and 18 RoF.

Aksomati has better Accuracy with lower Fire rate than Phaedra and that gun pretty much shoots sideways at full spool.

For a rifle. 10.5 Accuracy in unacceptable.