Jump to content

Personal rising concerns. (gameplay+missing human element)


(XBOX)MasterProtector
 Share

Recommended Posts

I want to first and foremost put it out there that by definition, criticism is deconstructive, the purpose to point out flaws in order to break things down to build them up stronger. 

That said, I want it to be known I love warframe for all the content it brings to the table, its very upfront about its intent, and immersive in its story.

Onto the first issue I have. Fortuna gameplay, now not of the actual map or gameplay itself, however more to an issue with players. It seems to be a trend in these kinds of matchmakings that generally after completing a mission a player will (generally host) will disconnect from the match early as soon as the mission is complete, this tend to lead to wide spread errors. which when i was first attempting to play in fortuna could not get rewards as i would by side effect get disconnected since it couldnt connect to a new host. To those who would say (just play solo) its a co op game and defeats the purpose of actually playing with others, players should have the patience to wait for people to extract, is it always easy? do players tend to lolly gag their way over? often enough sure. but forcing players to lose the rewards just so you can get your own isnt the way to go. Also before someone brings up connection. im hardwired at 100 mb/s and do frequent tests and always get above that peaking out at 116 mb/s generally, so i can assure you its not my connection.

The second issue im faced with is the lack of human involvement within the game itself. I understand that DE is not like companies like blizzard or valve with vast members to just drop wherever they need them. however I find the community can be very toxic, and this has led to a problem. Yes, I mean kickbot, now I agree with the purpose of having this bot in game, however its not enough on its own. simply having a short list of "key words" to kick or suspend people from chat by is not sufficient, as MOST players will simply use acronym versions/varients, and or use other characters to replace them in order to bypass this filter, more over you frequently have people baiting players who may not know better into trying to say these key phrases to get them kicked from chat. I really feel there should be a human presence to watch over these open channels and properly monitor such things. The amount of hatred and toxicity in the chat can be very overwhelming. Also I find a flaw in kickbots filter as there are words in language that have various definitions and context needs to be called into play. For example lets take the word "retard" or any variation of, this would probably be something in the filter due to its common misuse and misguided meaning, however someone might get suspended for using it who was using the word in an accurate fashion, this is a rather large problem i have with the kickbot filter. There are other words that can be used as example, but its why a human element should be present to take into context such things on how a word is being used. 

Finally and this is just more personal anger than anything, support staff i feel hasnt been all that supportive lately, My first couple of tickets were handled beautifully, however in the recent few months there seems to be an unwillingness to help, I went to support with an issue and without resolving it they just closed the ticket, tried to reopen with a new one and the same thing occurred the issue was un resolved despite the evidence to fix it and the ticket force closed, done so in such a way I could not even create a follow up ticket as that was closed on creation. Now I have a ticket thats been sitting there for 2 solid weeks and still no response, holiday season or not in over 10 years of gaming this is by far the longest wait time for a support response I ever have had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To "issue" 1: play solo, with clanmates, with Alliance members or with friends. Going PuG, that's on you and the other options exist for just that reason.

 

To "issue" 2: you're late to the party. DE is already working on improving chat moderation. A rudimentary search of the forum would reveal that.

 

To "issue" 3: it's all about priorities. Given the size of the playerbase, it is not beyond the scope of reason that your tickets just aren't as important as others that Support is dealing with. Learn patience.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

To "issue" 1: play solo, with clanmates, with Alliance members or with friends. Going PuG, that's on you and the other options exist for just that reason.

 

To "issue" 2: you're late to the party. DE is already working on improving chat moderation. A rudimentary search of the forum would reveal that.

 

To "issue" 3: it's all about priorities. Given the size of the playerbase, it is not beyond the scope of reason that your tickets just aren't as important as others that Support is dealing with. Learn patience.

hmmm i sense condescendence, rudeness, and a lack of understanding, comment ignored. 

PS Title said "personal rising concerns"

response 1, you didnt read the full post, I have no obligation to share with you my clan status/ alliances/ or friends list to tell you those options dont exist for me, you also seemed to ignore the part about it being besides the point if you cant play with other players.

response 2, would have been alot more helpful instead of being disrespectful to have provided such info, like a link perhaps.

response 3, I have no obligation to share with you the details of my ticket, But theres no point in explaining it to someone it doesnt pertain to as bias is bias. as stated in the OP in over 10 years of gaming this is the longest by far ive ever waited for any response. it should also be noted that in the last year the amount of tickets has nearly doubled. I think that speaks to something but as to what ill keep my opinions to myself on.

 

Edited by (XB1)MasterProtector
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, (XB1)MasterProtector said:

hmmm i sense condescendence, rudeness, and a lack of understanding, comment ignored. 

PS Title said "personal rising concerns"

response 1, you didnt read the full post, I have no obligation to share with you my clan status/ alliances/ or friends list to tell you those options dont exist for me, you also seemed to ignore the part about it being besides the point if you cant play with other players.

response 2, would have been alot more helpful instead of being disrespectful to have provided such info, like a link perhaps.

response 3, I have no obligation to share with you the details of my ticket, But theres no point in explaining it to someone it doesnt pertain to as bias is bias. as stated in the OP in over 10 years of gaming this is the longest by far ive ever waited for any response. it should also be noted that in the last year the amount of tickets has nearly doubled. I think that speaks to something but as to what ill keep my opinions to myself on.

 

Nothing they said is wrong. What they said is pretty reasonable to me. You can claim they don't understand you all you want. That is a blatant attempt to dismiss their opinion and is in poor taste. They clearly understood you perfectly, but simply doesn't agree with you. There is a big difference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, (XB1)MasterProtector said:

I want to first and foremost put it out there that by definition, criticism is deconstructive, the purpose to point out flaws in order to break things down to build them up stronger. 

The irony is that responder #1 typed responses to ur post, and then went out of his/her way to type extra characters and words just to be condescending and rude. Their responses without that mess were sufficient in answering 2/3 of your questions. 

Suggestion for you, expect behaviour like this from the forums. Being respectful regardless of how elite or deserving you think you are is a sign of maturity, simple. 

1) You may have to live with this one for the time being. Oddly I haven't had it that much :/. 

2) It is being worked on, though I don't blame you for not knowing. 

3) No experience regarding this so can't help here. 

Wasn't too hard :).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The core issue behind most of the gameplay aspect is that Warframe has become a game where player's compete with each other for kills and performance rather than work together to get those kills and improve performance. Which in turn results in players getting angry and asking for nerfs.

Much of this is due to the difficulty or lack of it. We simply don't need each other at all to accomplish the highest levels of game play. In fact as an Endurance runner I had to stop doing group runs because they simply take too long to hit a point where synergy and group cooperation make a difference.

I'm also not talking about one player stand here, another player stand there type of cooperation. I'm talking about premeditated thought on how a group wants to approach a problem. DE has been enforcing cooperation to some extend but in the wrong way by creating meta option routs either because of status immunity, see invis and other rule breaking enemies or simply not rewarding players for picking a different approach and thus the fastest always wins.

I'm not exactly looking forward to Rail Jack because it looks like that "Man your station" approach where each player is only there to perform some trivial task and reminded me a lot of LoR button sitting. Far as the chat side of the game. I have no input. Like I said I mostly solo now just to get some thought behind my gaming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, (XB1)MasterProtector said:

To those who would say (just play solo) its a co op game and defeats the purpose of actually playing with others,

I think this might be at the core of the issue you are having. Warframe is not just a co-op game only. It IS a single player game with the option to co-op.  Xorn also brought up some interesting points in his post.

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

The core issue behind most of the gameplay aspect is that Warframe has become a game where player's compete with each other for kills and performance rather than work together to get those kills and improve performance. Which in turn results in players getting angry and asking for nerfs.

Much of this is due to the difficulty or lack of it. We simply don't need each other at all to accomplish the highest levels of game play. In fact as an Endurance runner I had to stop doing group runs because they simply take too long to hit a point where synergy and group cooperation make a difference.

I'm also not talking about one player stand here, another player stand there type of cooperation. I'm talking about premeditated thought on how a group wants to approach a problem. DE has been enforcing cooperation to some extend but in the wrong way by creating meta option routs either because of status immunity, see invis and other rule breaking enemies or simply not rewarding players for picking a different approach and thus the fastest always wins.

I'm not exactly looking forward to Rail Jack because it looks like that "Man your station" approach where each player is only there to perform some trivial task and reminded me a lot of LoR button sitting. Far as the chat side of the game. I have no input. Like I said I mostly solo now just to get some thought behind my gaming.

All of it actually. Good show Xorn. :clem: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (PS4)negativ21 said:

The irony is that responder #1 typed responses to ur post, and then went out of his/her way to type extra characters and words just to be condescending and rude. Their responses without that mess were sufficient in answering 2/3 of your questions. 

Suggestion for you, expect behaviour like this from the forums. Being respectful regardless of how elite or deserving you think you are is a sign of maturity, simple. 

1) You may have to live with this one for the time being. Oddly I haven't had it that much :/. 

2) It is being worked on, though I don't blame you for not knowing. 

3) No experience regarding this so can't help here. 

Wasn't too hard :).

Believe me i'm no elitist, far from it, with a long lengthy list of mental disorders i have, keeping level headed and being socially aware drain all manner of mental effort i have through the day. Though i have a fondness for context and try my best to stay true to it. I am generally not on the forums often, i have more than one reason for it. if you wish to know more about why i can tell you but i wont press the knowledge on you if you dont want it, or to make a long story short, long standing experiences in other games ruined the idea of forums for me. 

I just find the generic "if you are having trouble with co op play solo" archtype response dry. I want to play public, and enjoy playing with others, sometimes for the cool skins i see, the ways people play, tricks and tips i might uncover. sometimes you make new friends. i play public for these reasons. unfortunately some players have made this difficult for the open world areas.

I appreciate your response :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...