SkalleBonk

The new Corpus lockers

Hello fellow Tennos!

Today i used the mod Master Thief on a new Warframe to unlock as many lockers as possible to get crafting supplies and affinity. But the new Corpus lockers makes it almost impossible to know if a locker have been unlocked or not. They do not glow like the old lockers did who were red when locked and turned green if unlocked using this mod. I now have to spam E (which is my use key) or listen if the locker is open. It's hard to listen to them unlock when you are in the middle of a fight.

So please DE, make the locked lockers red again so i don't have to spam E!

• Like 6

This is what the new corpus lockers look like

XZzdlL9.jpgweALY2k.jpg

The lockers turn slightly blue when unlocked using the Master thief mod but it's easy to miss when you run a fast moving Warframe so i have to spam E in order to open them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maycne.sonahoz said:

So much agreeing.

I must have missed that post! Just found it by searching up the old lockers. Hope they change the locked lockers to red again!

The current indication is pretty useless. Green-White-Red indication was the best, the current White-Nil indication is just not obvious enough, not to mention when the lighting is there the sign can easily blend into white light making it almost impossible to see. We need the Green and Red signs back.

The current shape fits better into the newly established corpus aesthetic, but even the grineer have slight variations in their lockers depending on tileset.

But I have to say that from a gameplay standpoint, the old lockers were far and away, the superior version: the differences in state were obvious from any distance, transitions were clear, and they seemed to better serve the role of being a bare-bones storage space for personal effects.

The new lockers seem less like mass-produced personal storage totes, and more like heavy-duty lock boxes that would serve better as hidden caches or containers found in vaults and storerooms.

To say nothing of the now less-than-friendly light/projection that is supposed to indicate an open-able locker. There is no way to know if a locker is locked or simply not able to be unlocked at all, so players seeking to open as many as possible end up wasting time and becoming frustrated when their pet doesn't even try to open some of them. In such an instance, even a failed attempt would be preferred because then they would know to move on.

Yeah, the new design makes absolutely no allowance for Master Thief and Scavenge. The patch notes which added the hologram even claimed that lockers with no hologram "cannot be opened" which is patently untrue. I'd really like to see a red hologram make a return, to denote a "locked but could be opened" state as different from the "unlock attempt failed forever" state. The new lockers look fancy, but their usability is substantially worse, as far as I'm concerned.

I really dislike the new lockers from a gameplay point of view. The model can stay the same.

Just change the open graphic to a bright green colour again and add the symbol with a red colour for closed.

If you have stats on the locker opening surely you know this is a bad choice, especially for new players?