Make Void damage True Neutral

Lewdcifer

Probably said a billion time but here it is again.

There is no reason for operators to be weak against grineer flesh and some infested heavies. Aside from the questionable choice of putting a multiplier in the first place, why even make it -50%.
Amps are getting stronger, and operator is inching into higher level viability, but the one thing that has never changed is that their grineer scaling is extremely bad. That can be said the same for anything without corrosive, but stacking the resistance on top just completely stomp operator out of even sortie 1 grineer, while amps won't have any trouble clearing out corpus into a decent amount of content a person will realisticly face.

It won't even be overpowered. Armor will still completely push void out of the table up around sortie 2, and there is many and by that I mean about half of weapons that exist in the game can completely outclass the best amp setup. And the grind is. Much. Much. MUCH shorter for those.

Yes, I know that there are new arcanes that convert damage
No, I won't give up either virtuos shadow or fury for something that shouldn't have happened in the first place. And the fact that it take forever to get enough rep as is because of daily cap...

I would probably go about it by balancing the eidolon shields value and the amps damage values and then make them ignore every secondary protection (be it shield or armour), while giving them neutral modifiers on everything and a very high modifier vs sentient HP. 

Also the damage conversion arcanes won't be actually useful until the amps get a second arcane slot tbh. 

Edited by Autongnosis

13 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

I would probably go about it by balancing the eidolon shields value and the amps damage values and then make them ignore every secondary protection (be it shield or armour), while giving them neutral modifiers on everything and a very high modifier vs sentient HP. 

Well, we have all the craze over bleed ticks, so adding a weapon that can directly do that sounds a bit busted. I did think of that, and it does fit the theme of void weapon, but idk how hard it will be to find the right value that amps doesn't outright vaporize everything nor take too long to kill. Consider also that DR scale much harder than HP in the game, so completely ignoring that scale kind of mean if you make it good at low level, it will pretty much stay good for too long a time, in contrary to everything else. On the reverse, if you make it bad at low level then it's just outright bad lmao

Interesting though

Edited by Lewdcifer