Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Is Good - Not bad.

-Sentient-

Entrall = some big boi like a heavy gunner or bad boi attacking u? NU PROBEM! enthrall them and their done

Taking HEAVY FIRE? NO PROBLEM! = Enthreall

(who neds a nyx with dis)

Mesmer Skin : being swarmed by a bunch of boiso? no problem,activate that ding m8

(who neds a safezucc nezha with dis)

Reave = stuck in some bois with butchers? low on health? no problem! SUCC DEM HEALTH

(who needs aa TRINITY with dis)

Dance 4 Win : KIL 

DEM

ALL

(who neds saryn 4 dis)

In Summary : Revenant is GOD good.

Edited by -Sentient-
  • Like 2

People being content with mediocre, half-baked kits is what led us to the current state of (among others) wukong, Titania, vauban or ember. And as I'd rather avoid revenant staying in that same pile of irrelevance for years on end, I couldn't disagree any more with this deluded notion that he's anywhere beyond '' meh''.

Rev is currently one of the stronger frames and not very hard to build either.

He's more durable than most other frames, brings great CC, has awesome movement options and clears rooms like a champ even at high levels. I have a really really hard time understanding the people that say he is bad or in need of buffs.

He is far from mediocre, it is simply a "learn to play" issues with him.

I dont think the people who call him weak have done more than take him from 1 to 30. Or they are blind zealous followers of a random YT "deity".

• Like 1

il y a 4 minutes, SneakyErvin a dit :

Rev is currently one of the stronger frames and not very hard to build either.

He's more durable than most other frames, brings great CC, has awesome movement options and clears rooms like a champ even at high levels. I have a really really hard time understanding the people that say he is bad or in need of buffs.

He is far from mediocre, it is simply a "learn to play" issues with him.

I dont think the people who call him weak have done more than take him from 1 to 30. Or they are blind zealous followers of a random YT "deity".

this.

He can be almost invincible as soon as he got stacks, with fair amount of power he just have to controle an opponent and dash thru him twice to kill it. With a bit more power he just have to convert > dash trhu >insta kill. And this is also working for any boss.

The issue with revenant? META. everybody is building him with efficiency / range, because his 4 is the only skill people are looking for. Worst way to play  it.
Look at his other skills, lmearn to play it the right way and you'll see he is outragiously overpowered...
He is good at he actually is, but it require some mor effort than just pressing4...

Did you ever really played it instead of just going from 0 to 30 in hydron? I'm asking that because my clan leader is playing it a lot, he almost never die with it and can take down any lvl 200+ npc or any boss in less than 3 seconds... Are you playing the same game as us?

5 hours ago, JohnLemon123 said:

People being content with mediocre, half-baked kits is what led us to the current state of (among others) wukong, Titania, vauban or ember. And as I'd rather avoid revenant staying in that same pile of irrelevance for years on end, I couldn't disagree any more with this deluded notion that he's anywhere beyond '' meh''.

Incorrect

Vauban was actually meta way back when raids were a thing and the only other CC frame to compete with was Nyx.

Ember suffers more from having heat (which is a poor element) as her primary component along with the meme of being a press 4 and forget frame.  

Titania has a great concept but poor execution, even after her rework.

Wukong....moving along.....

All these frames are victims of being older with questionable execution of their concepts by DE, not necessarily players being content.  The fashion that the game is played has changed a lot with update after update.  The common misconception about how the game is now is that glass cannons rule the roost and everyone else is just left behind.  That is interesting because the best frames we have:  Octavia, Ivara, Limbo, Inaros, Rhino, Nova, Gara, Trinity, etc. all specialize in something other than damage.  And as a bonus slap in the face, (with the exception of Limbo), they are all easier to manage, and having better group utility (including Limbo).

Just because a frame burns down enemies quickly on ESO or endless missions they are suddenly overpowered in someone's eyes, which is laughable.  The only frame that stands out as pure damage is Saryn, and that is due to how Molt and it's augment work.

Revenant is mediocre.  Yes his concept is interesting, but his flaws are pretty glaring on a fundamental level, especially with Mesmer Skin.  Danse Macbre is far too easy to be killed in when it comes to higher level content, and Enthrall has it's own set of problems.

Trying to convince the masses that he is great and just requires more effort is exactly the same tune Ember players have been singing, and you've already made it known what you think of her.

Is he bad?  No.  However, there are other frames I'd gladly take over him for anything past the starchart.

Edited by (XB1)Thy Divinity

2 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Incorrect

Vauban was actually meta way back when raids were a thing and the only other CC frame to compete with was Nyx.

Ember suffers more from having heat (which is a poor element) as her primary component along with the meme of being a press 4 and forget frame.  

Titania has a great concept but poor execution, even after her rework.

Wukong....moving along.....

A warframe's age and their viability do not necessarily correlate. Excalibur, one of the starters, became one of the strongest CC / DPS hybrids once he got exalted blade. Limbo became the unparalleled god of CC once stasis got changed, and volt reached top 5 in AOE room clear as soon as his damage cap was cut. 

Thing is, while the frames themselves used to be viable, the game itself has changed, and the '' power level'' along with it. On top of that, DE inadvertently shot themselves in the foot upon releasing nidus and Harrow, both of which came to represent the apex of warframe design quality,  creating a new standard that most everyone expected them to maintain. 

Let's not kid ourselves here, the vauban changes were an absolute joke (save for the new passive). But because they were allegedly ''not the full rework, but just a few tweaks'' everyone kinda just went along with it. Now, vauban's moment has passed, and it's very unlikely that he'll see changes for quite a while. 

Ember was nerfed as a kneejerk reaction to everyone using her for brainless extermination room clear, completely ignoring the fact that she scales about as well as an mk1 Braton in sorties. 

As for Titania, she didn't receive nearly as many tweaks as she needed, and some of her abilities are straight up pointless (like damage reflection on one of the game's most brittle characters). 

I don't expect every warframe to be able to do everything. We don't need 38 different flavours of nidus, frames that are all good at most things and can sustain themselves infinitely. What we DO need is warframes with a full kit, and all of whose abilities are both useful and thematically appropriate. The frames I mentioned were brought up by virtue of their viability depending solely on one singular part of their set, with the other 3 lagging behind (vauban's 3 and 4, ember's 4, Titania's 4 or wukong's 2). 

I called revenant ''mediocre'' because of the overall quality of his abilities and how well they mesh with his theme (only half of them do BTW), not because he's not viable. As other people already mentioned in this thread, he's decently tanky and can do some good damage, but that's pretty much it. 1 and 3 have some neat percentage damage dealing, but not only is that combo horrendously slow and clunky, it's also simply not worth taking up two ability slots. 

Edited by JohnLemon123

4 minutes ago, JohnLemon123 said:

A warframe's age and their viability do not necessarily correlate. 

Thing is, while the frames themselves used to be viable, the game itself has changed, and the '' power level'' along with it. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

All these frames are victims of being older with questionable execution of their concepts by DE, not necessarily players being content.  The fashion that the game is played has changed a lot with update after update.

You missed a line

I made a thread about this but in a meme way,now Imma do it on a serius way

Enthrall: This ability got a lot of uses

- Is that Bombard,Heavy gunner,or that Energy leech giving you trouble? Enthrall

- Are you being shoot by lots of dudes? Enthrall and distract them with your minion (better than loki Decoy)

- Low on health? Enthrall and Reave for doublé HP.

Mesmer Skin: Can save you sometimes,its maybe a weaker versión of Rhino Iron skin but still gives Revenant survability,plus the entrall stunned enemies at no cost is good.

(Needs casting speed buff)

Reave: a Life Saber,if there is no Trinity or HP Pads,this can save your life (Bonus: if you reave on Allies with Mesmer skin active,the ally will gain 1 Mesmer skin charge)

Dance Macabre: Spin 2 win? Maybe,but its one of the few abilities that can kill enemies at level 120p (Use reave to fast travel while dance macabre active)

In Conclusión: Revenant may need some Buffs and its Augments,but Revenant is an example of a Frame that can CC,Self Heal,Survability,and Deal a lot of damage.

PS: I Heard some people say enthrall needs to go an be replacede by some Eidolon styled laser,that means it will be a generic Ability that escalates way bad just like Oberon's Smite

Edited by -Sentient-

Revenant is not bad, just mediocre.  A change in the tone of the thread will not change that.

I'll even throw you a bone and leave Enthrall alone.  Mesmer Skin needs a gating window when it loses stacks.  Period.  He gets that, his estimate will go up with quite a few players.

In higher levels, Reave can be s blessing and a curse depending on the situation and the enemy due to It's mechanics, which is something they got right with Garuda.  You can easily get yourself killed even when trying to be careful.

Danse Macabre is yet another ability that can get you killed, especially with the faults to Mesmer Skin.  Spin2Lose.

The guy needs help, and until he gets it, he'll just be mediocre.  Could be worse.  He could be Baruuk.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

Well I must disagree,revenant is not mediocre

He is a very viable frame during endgame due to its kit being able to do 4 things

Of course he isn't your spam 4 to kill the entire god damn map AKA Saryn.

No one mentioned wiping the map.  I simply listed some of his flaws and why he is considered underwhelming.  Personally I believe the strongest frames we have now are not even focused on DPS, which I believe I already stated last time.  

If you believe he is Overpowered Prime, then that is your right as a player.  Just don't expect everyone to agree.  I for one am finished with this subject.  Good luck with your crusade.