Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Is Good - Not bad.

-Sentient-

On 2018-12-27 at 5:45 PM, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Revenant is mediocre.  Yes his concept is interesting, but his flaws are pretty glaring on a fundamental level, especially with Mesmer Skin.  Danse Macbre is far too easy to be killed in when it comes to higher level content, and Enthrall has it's own set of problems.

Then you are playing him wrong.

There is no difference between level 1 and level 100+ for Rev. There is only one area where he can get wrecked and that is in OV at high alert levels since the Jackals will eat his mesmer stacks in no time (since they are immune to stun and have high RoF attacks). Everywhere else the levels he face simply dont matter aslong as you have the damage output needed to take down the enemies.

He cant get one shot by a stray bullet etc. aslong as you just keep track of his mesmer skin, which isnt that hard even in high content. You simply dodge behind a wall if it is really a critical situation, otherwise the usual bulletjump+mesmer recast works great everywhere. Also if things are really hitting the fan during your danse, then just reave your way to a safe spot since it gives you iFrames during your travel.

Le 27/12/2018 à 17:45, (XB1)Thy Divinity a dit :

Revenant is mediocre.  Yes his concept is interesting, but his flaws are pretty glaring on a fundamental level, especially with Mesmer Skin.  Danse Macbre is far too easy to be killed in when it comes to higher level content, and Enthrall has it's own set of problems.

bZQoG79.jpg

Yes revenant is trash, see my friend spyrox was playing revenant during a void fissure survival, he still outplay me on damages because after 2h of run, NPC are lvl 400+. He didn't wasted a live, he didn't get downed once, he  was after 2h30  able to kill lvl 600+ corrupted bombard and eximus within a second with his 1+3... On my side i started to struggle because my damages started to drastically fall due to increadible ammount of ennemy armor... while he went from 20% dmg to 50%+ in half an hour...
And for him, that was not even difficult with lvl 630 npc, we just left because at first we planned just to stay here for 30-40 mins...

That's what is revnant if you know how to play it. I won't give you advices as I'm far from being good with it... but revenant mediocre... aww... then anything else is more than trash...

His damages is percentage of NPC health, wich mean whatever the level, if you kill a lvl 15 with 1+3, you will do the same with same "combo"... and at same time, you cannot be killed... give me ay other frame that is invincible and can instantly kill any boss/ enemy doing only 2 skill...

OFC, 4 is bad. like every other frame ultimates, thoses skill are just good at cleaning low npc hordes.

Edited by N2h2

il y a 23 minutes, (PS4)wintersfrozen a dit :

This thread feels like the old limbo threads. If you love him you love him and no one can change your mind, if you hate him you hate him and nothing can change your mind.

I mostly think thoses tread are more due to player that went on a random website/video to pick a build, it was working for low lvl mission, then they feel disapointed because as soon as you go on high lvl, thoses kind of build doesn't work...
That's why i use to claim 99% builds you can find everywhere are trash. In the end they are just good at making more view and killing lvl 20 NPC. As soon as you know in depth the frame ability, you instantly know the guy that made the build clearly don't understand what he is speaking about. Proving his build is godlike by killing lvl 30NPC...
Thoses "OMG new godlike build that make you more godlike then a god" are just clic baits. no more, no less...

Problem is, As new player, where do you go for your build? "Famous" streamer, same people that feel doing sorties is the highes possible endgame, same people that make a build for a frame that have been released 1h ago... You can't know what a frame is able of within a soo short time. It take a lot of time trying everything, to discover "hidden features". Still Some are pretentious enougth to release a "OMG that new frame build is gooooodliiikkke" not even 24h after it's released...see the issue ?

If nobody tell you that, and people you concider "vets" tells you "THIS IS THE ONLY GOOD BUILD", as a new player you trust them... and you're wrong...
Some will try other possibilities, some other won't and complain that the frame is trash.

Same issue come with every single frame / weapon...

At least for wepon it have a good side, best underated wepons keep their riven affinity high, as nobody play it... XD that is selfish 🙂

Edited by N2h2

15 minutes ago, N2h2 said:

I mostly think thoses tread are more due to player that went on a random website/video to pick a build, it was working for low lvl mission, then they feel disapointed because as soon as you go on high lvl, thoses kind of build doesn't work...
That's why i use to claim 99% builds you can find everywhere are trash. In the end they are just good at making more view and killing lvl 20 NPC. As soon as you know in depth the frame ability, you instantly know the guy that made the build clearly don't understand what he is speaking about. Proving his build is godlike by killing lvl 30NPC...
Thoses "OMG new godlike build that make you more godlike then a god" are just clic baits. no more, no less...

Problem is, As new player, where do you go for your build? "Famous" streamer, same people that feel doing sorties is the highes possible endgame, same people that make a build for a frame that have been released 1h ago... You can't know what a frame is able of within a soo short time. It take a lot of time trying everything, to discover "hidden features". Still Some are pretentious enougth to release a "OMG that new frame build is gooooodliiikkke" not even 24h after it's released...see the issue ?

If nobody tell you that, and people you concider "vets" tells you "THIS IS THE ONLY GOOD BUILD", as a new player you trust them... and you're wrong...
Some will try other possibilities, some other won't and complain that the frame is trash.

Same issue come with every single frame / weapon...

At least for wepon it have a good side, best underated wepons keep their riven affinity high, as nobody play it... XD that is selfish 🙂

I'm not entirely sure what your point here is, are you speaking in regards to pre-update limbo or are you talking about Rev, or are you merely speaking about the various "meta" in game?

I still stand by my comment of those who like something will like them and those who don't like something wont like it. If it is unclear then by this I mean those who love a frame and say it is op and godly will think so and nothing others can say will change their minds. Vice versa those who hate a frame and call it trash will continue to do so and trying to show them otherwise will yield no result. Threads like this really just help to put people into one of two categories. Do you like him, or do you hate him.

9 hours ago, Ekemeister said:

Why guess? Here's a link to Vauban's patch history:Vauban Changelog (warframe wiki)

Funny what two seconds on google can yield isn't.?

What exactly is this supposed to prove? You shown a picture that was a least 2 years old and that somehow shows he's good because you sent me a link to his pathetic change log....

On 2018-12-27 at 1:46 PM, -Sentient- said:

I Heard some people say enthrall needs to go an be replacede by some Eidolon styled laser,that means it will be a generic Ability that escalates way bad just like Oberon's Smite

smite is nuts if used right it can 3-4 shot a heavy target and kill some of the nearby adds

9 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

This screenshot is from ages past. Whatever argument you could make with this has long since past.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

What exactly is this supposed to prove? You shown a picture that was a least 2 years old and that somehow shows he's good because you sent me a link to his pathetic change log....

TLDR: i offered proof from an environ more stressful than the current build. So compare actual recordings to XB1's sophomoric "vauban sux". 

The age of the reference is precisely why I chose those references. Enemy scaling remains mostly untouched. The log showd that Vauban is unnerfed. He only received updates and fixes. There isn't even a stamina bar anymore. Warframe now is blessed more lenient (cathartic even) compares to 2014.

Fast forward to today: Beam weap update, deadlier weapons,  More powerful mods, Enemies either the same difficulty or weaker. Vauban is a bamf moreso now than ever. 

It's like half the posters don't ever pause to consider the rammifications of information passing before their eyes or simply react with their first impulse. Then they wait for a chance to reply, all the while never listening. (The same path of logic but on the topic of medicine would sound a bit like: "why are we reading about Pennicillin? That was early last century?!") Time doesn't necessarily disqual evidence; to assume so is a logical fallacy.

And another video of Vauban killing overleveled Mobs.

il y a 24 minutes, Ekemeister a dit :

TLDR: i offered proof from an environ more stressful than the current build. So compare actual recordings to XB1's sophomoric "vauban sux". 

The age of the reference is precisely why I chose those references. Enemy scaling remains mostly untouched. The log showd that Vauban is unnerfed. He only received updates and fixes. There isn't even a stamina bar anymore. Warframe now is blessed more lenient (cathartic even) compares to 2014.

Fast forward to today: Beam weap update, deadlier weapons,  More powerful mods, Enemies either the same difficulty or weaker. Vauban is a bamf moreso now than ever. 

It's like half the posters don't ever pause to consider the rammifications of information passing before their eyes or simply react with their first impulse. Then they wait for a chance to reply, all the while never listening. (The same path of logic but on the topic of medicine would sound a bit like: "why are we reading about Pennicillin? That was early last century?!") Time doesn't necessarily disqual evidence; to assume so is a logical fallacy.

Sorry, "more stressful"?
Against the 4 to 5 years-old basic infested enemies that could only melee attack with no armor whatsoever?
While using the un-broken infinite bastille as compared to the one that we have currently that's barely even holding anything?
While using unbalanced AoE weapon that could auto-headshot from anywhere?

Did any of that cross your mind when you chose those references, it's almost as if you didn't pause to consider the rammifications of informations passing before your eyes and simply decided to react on your first impulse. Oof

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ekemeister said:

Thanks for the joke, you know a video from 4 years ago and all before hundreds or thousands of game changes since then to prove that Vauban doesn't suck (he does) Your whole paragraph is nothing more than non sequitur.

Refer to the guy below for more info!

17 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Sorry, "more stressful"?
Against the 4 to 5 years-old basic infested enemies that could only melee attack with no armor whatsoever?
While using the un-broken infinite bastille as compared to the one that we have currently that's barely even holding anything?
While using unbalanced AoE weapon that could auto-headshot from anywhere?

Did any of that cross your mind when you chose those references, it's almost as if you didn't pause to consider the rammifications of informations passing before your eyes and simply decided to react on your first impulse. Oof

Edited by (XB1)Skiller115