Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Away from the game for years

MKDLMR

Question

9 answers to this question

Get the big main quests completed ASAP (Second Dream, War Within and The Sacrifice). This will unlock most of the stuff you need for the more "endgame"-ish content. Other than that just complete the starchart, try the new weapons, and have fun in the new and better Warframe than the one you left 🙂 Also the new "open world"/open areas are a fun and different kind of gameplay than ever seen before in Warframe, just be prepared for grinding like never seen before.

Well, there's this, for a start:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/356275-welcome-back-to-warframe-heres-what-you-missed/

Really though, I'd say just jump back in with the expectation to be overwhelmed lol,
feel free to ask specific questions here / in the in-game chat (not least, join a newbie-friendly Clan).

A good starting point might be to do all the Quests, that'll keep you busy for a bit.
(Try to avoid spoilers, especially for Natah and the Quests after that.)

Welcome home, Tenno.

• Like 2

Depending on when you left, I would complete all of the planetary Junctions that were introduced in the Specters of the Rails update. Junctions grant Quests, Weapon blueprints, Mods and also the Chroma Warframe blueprints.

If you want to jump right into the main story, you will need to acquire the quest Natah from scanning an Ocyulst on Uranus. This will allow you to do the Neptune Junction which unlocks the Second Dream.

Even more grindy? That's one of the reasons I stopped playing... 

I left right around when they introduced the Warframe pilots and that whole martial arts technique leveling system thingy.

The game started to feel like it had too many systems, plus I was turned off by my robot losing its vacuuming ability. Did they ever get rid of the upkeep for the dogs?

5 minutes ago, MKDLMR said:

The game started to feel like it had too many systems

I don't see that ever changing, Warframe is a convoluted, glorious mess of systems and I wouldn't have it any other way 😛

6 minutes ago, MKDLMR said:

I was turned off by my robot losing its vacuuming ability

All Companions now have access to Vacuum or an equivalent, even your space cats will fetch for you.

8 minutes ago, MKDLMR said:

Did they ever get rid of the upkeep for the dogs?

You still need Stabilizers, but they're dirt cheap now
(with the Incubator upgrade installed, which also slows the stability loss).

Pets furthermore get auto-Stasis'd when on low stability rather than die.

Thanks for the replies! Looks like I actually stopped playing in 2016. At the time I had an almost fully-tricked out dojo all-to-my-own. Is there anyway to salvage it in case I want to join someone else?

Any item leveling tips? There was this one map back then that was great (Draco?), but it was taken away this leading to more grindyness - just don't have the time nowadays.

50 minutes ago, MKDLMR said:

I had an almost fully-tricked out dojo all-to-my-own. Is there anyway to salvage it in case I want to join someone else?

Hm, not sure but I don't think you can get the invested resources back, alas.

52 minutes ago, MKDLMR said:

Any item leveling tips?

There's a Grineer Defense map on Saturn (easier enemies, better resource type drops) / Sedna (if maybe you're trying to also get Axi Relics),
it's small enough to nuke it with abilities and to make missing out on shared Affinity not much of a worry.

You can also level weapons in Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, just bring a nuking Frame / one good weapon at the very least.