Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need help choosing equipment

thestraki

Question

10 answers to this question

I think it would help if you could detail what you're using currently, not least including Mods.

Then it also depends on what your preferences are, do you maybe
just wanna tank everything while dishing out one-shots with a Shotgun,
or be a room-clearing nuker with a full-auto bullet hose to pling off the odd survivor here or there,
or something in-between / completely different, there's plenty of options.

9 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I think it would help if you could detail what you're using currently, not least including Mods.

Then it also depends on what your preferences are, do you maybe
just wanna tank everything while dishing out one-shots with a Shotgun,
or be a room-clearing nuker with a full-auto bullet hose to pling off the odd survivor here or there,
or something in-between / completely different, there's plenty of options.

ok, I am using equinox as my main Warframe I use his maim ability to deal damage to nearby enemies I use Tigris as my primary weapon I have a corrosive effect in and I really enjoy to kill every single enemy nearby without even knowing where they are.

12 minutes ago, thestraki said:

I am using equinox as my main Warframe I use his maim ability to deal damage

Okay, for Equinox (who is female by the way, in both forms), a high-Range build would be a common suggestion.

Get Overextended from Derelict Vaults, along with Fleeting Expertise to help make Maim run 24/7.
Add Strength if you want (yay Augment'd Provoke for Squad support) though Maim nuking doesn't really need it.

FWIW, my build:

Corrosive Projection, Vigilante Pursuit
Umbral Intensify, Energy Conversion
Stretch, Overextended
Streamline, Fleeting Expertise
Umbral Vitality, Peaceful Provocation

High Range & Efficiency is great for either form (dat Rest spam woo),
decent Strength for Squad buffing in Day and further Squad protection in Night form, yay.

(BTW, it's fine to have favorites and stuff, but the idea of a "main" is IMO kind of weird in Warframe,
you may want to have multiple fully-decked-out Loadouts for specific missions / simply to not get bored, heh.)

18 minutes ago, thestraki said:

I use Tigris as my primary weapon

Tigris Prime would be the obvious upgrade then, it goes for super cheap in Trading right now.

A 100% Status build (Viral + Radiation, using the 4 60% Status / elemental damage Dual Stat Mods)
on a Tigris Prime will melt pretty much anything, well beyond level 50.

Alternatively, e.g. Corinth or Arca Plasmor similarly grant "I need to delete this enemy now" powah,
while both also offering some AoE funzies at the same time (woo Crit / Status hybrid Corinth).

Do look into other weapons as well, though, including Secondaries / Melee, plenty of beasts to be had there.
Limiting yourself to just boomsticks might make you miss a weapon that could be your new favorite.
(E.g. Staticor is a nifty AoE supplement for - or even, often enough, improvement over - your single-target pwnage weapons.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Okay, for Equinox (who is female by the way, in both forms), a high-Range build would be a common suggestion.

Get Overextended from Derelict Vaults, along with Fleeting Expertise to help make Maim run 24/7.
Add Strength if you want (yay Augment'd Provoke for Squad support) though Maim nuking doesn't really need it.

FWIW, my build:

Corrosive Projection, Vigilante Pursuit
Umbral Intensify, Energy Conversion
Stretch, Overextended
Streamline, Fleeting Expertise
Umbral Vitality, Peaceful Provocation

High Range & Efficiency is great for either form (dat Rest spam woo),
decent Strength for Squad buffing in Day and further Squad protection in Night form, yay.

(BTW, it's fine to have favorites and stuff, but the idea of a "main" is IMO kind of weird in Warframe,
you may want to have multiple fully-decked-out Loadouts for specific missions / simply to not get bored, heh.)

Tigris Prime would be the obvious upgrade then, it goes for super cheap in Trading right now.

A 100% Status build (Viral + Radiation, using the 4 60% Status / elemental damage Dual Stat Mods)
on a Tigris Prime will melt pretty much anything, well beyond level 50.

Alternatively, e.g. Corinth or Arca Plasmor similarly grant "I need to delete this enemy now" powah,
while both also offering some AoE funzies at the same time (woo Crit / Status hybrid Corinth).

Do look into other weapons as well, though, including Secondaries / Melee, plenty of beasts to be had there.
Limiting yourself to just boomsticks might make you miss a weapon that could be your new favorite.
(E.g. Staticor is a nifty AoE supplement for - or even, often enough, improvement over - your single-target pwnage weapons.)

wow, thank you for the help

Arca Plasmor is sweet with fast clearing up till around level 100. Falls off pretty fast on higher levels though.
Pyrana Prime is insane and fun - very, very nice secondary.
Also if you have standing with Fortuna - a Catchmoon with haymaker and splat is pretty insane also. Has problem with terrain though but you kinda get used to it.

Mesa / Mesa Prime is a solid "do it all frame" - pretty tanky and clears rooms super fast.

3 hours ago, wakestarr said:

Arca Plasmor is sweet with fast clearing up till around level 100. Falls off pretty fast on higher levels though.
Pyrana Prime is insane and fun - very, very nice secondary.
Also if you have standing with Fortuna - a Catchmoon with haymaker and splat is pretty insane also. Has problem with terrain though but you kinda get used to it.

Mesa / Mesa Prime is a solid "do it all frame" - pretty tanky and clears rooms super fast.

I'll check that out too

Edited by thestraki